Training Camp News Thread (non Bears news)

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Something to consider is the impact of the Sunday Ticket settlement. That is a MASSIVE blow to all 32 teams, and will likely have an impact on the cap for the coming few years. Perhaps some of these outsized QB contracts will cause some issues in the medium term.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cowboys likely now looking at veteran DE’s
Bears are about to lose the chance to sign Yannick, though if given the choice (and decent health), I would prefer they sign Connor Williams. Neither are ideal, but I am definitely more worried about the o-line than the d-line.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Indy just lost Samson ebukam to a season ending injury as well I believe. That slim edge market is going to be nonexistent soon. If Poles thought he was creating leverage for himself, that backfired
He needs to sign someone before the last few decent vets are gone. Slim pickings as it is

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just saw that Mathew Judon and HC Jerod Mayo had words and Judon left the practice field.

Make that call Poles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Indy just lost Samson ebukam to a season ending injury as well I believe. That slim edge market is going to be nonexistent soon. If Poles thought he was creating leverage for himself, that backfired

They may just really like Booker. They’ve shown numerous times now they’re not afraid to roll with rookies.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just saw that Mathew Judon and HC Jerod Mayo had words and Judon left the practice field.

Make that call Poles.

Has he ever played in a 4-3? Didnt BB run a 3-4?

I'm guessing it wouldnt make much of a difference. Issue is he's expiring after this year, do you really want to pay a guy who will be 33 in 2025?

That being said if its not pricey id be 100% down for him on a rental. He'd make this team a legit playoff contender

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm guessing it wouldnt make much of a difference. Issue is he's expiring after this year, do you really want to pay a guy who will be 33 in 2025?

That being said if its not pricey id be 100% down for him on a rental. He'd make this team a legit playoff contender
Don't think it matters with Judon. Didn't they run a 4-3 in Baltimore where he played before the Pats?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

No….. but with these insane QB salaries I want to ride the cheap QB window as long as possible.

Think he’s always been a 3-4 guy. I don’t think that will matter…. but I defer to those more knowledgeable on this than me

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand why the Pats would keep Judon. He’s too old for their roster rebuilding and he wants a new contract and to compete. They can offer him none of that.

Pretty sure he'd also only take up 6m against the cap if the bears traded for him. o_O

Not sure about re-signing a guy his age, but using him for a 1 year rental like KA would set this defense over the top. Top 3 in the NFL(barring injuries).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he'd also only take up 6m against the cap if the bears traded for him. o_O

Not sure about re-signing a guy his age, but using him for a 1 year rental like KA would set this defense over the top. Top 3 in the NFL(barring injuries).

I think someone will need to give him a little more money to make him happy though. I wonder if they could raise his salary a bit in NE so it hits their cap (they have plenty) and then trade him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought this was supposed to be the Justin Fields in Pittsburgh thread...

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
All that means is Latu steps in as the day one starter on the other side of Paye.