1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
They feel good about Quinn right now - sweet! Now if he can just walk to the cafeteria tonight without his foot detaching from the ankle they can keep feeling good about him all the way until practice begins.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best things I heard him say:
1. I failed a lot as a head coach
2. It's not always the player's fault
3. I've learned a lot as a head coach

Not slamming Nagy, but you've got to admit your weaknesses to be better. This is a good sign.
I'm willing to see what happens this year, but this is it. You gotta wonder why he got hired. His learning curve has been too steep.. An NFL HC is not a 4 year OJT journeyman thing...lol.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

Can't believe the media is actually are asking them. Given how touchy a subject it is and it being a medical thing at days end. Shit.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm willing to see what happens this year, but this is it. You gotta wonder why he got hired. His learning curve has been too steep.. An NFL HC is not a 4 year OJT journeyman thing...lol.
I'm going to shoot straight from the hip here. I remember watching Kansas City open the NFL season in New England a few years ago, and prior to the game, I thought to myself, "Oh man, this is going to be brutal. New England is going to destroy these guys." Nagy had that Bill Belichick defense chasing its tail and scored with them blow for blow, ultimately winning the game, shocking the hell out of me. I think that's when he won his head-coaching job, the very first game of that season.

Sometimes though, he gets into this mental game where he actually ends up trying to out-think himself. I imagine it plays out something like this:
"If I do A, he's going to counter 'A' with 'B'. I then need to counter with 'C', except he's going to expect me to counter with 'C', so I've got to keep him off balance and counter with 'D'." When that works, he looks like a genius. When it doesn't, you're wondering, "WTF is up with these lateral plays that don't make any yardage?"

Another thing I think works against him is, he hasn't in the past been great with tailoring his offense to his players. I've said this before, but KC not only has the best tight-end in the game, their receiving corps could win a 4x100 against any other team in the league. The Bears have never had that kind of speed. They're faster now than they were before, but what makes Tyreek Hill interesting is he isn't just blazing fast; he's not just a sprinter, he's a really good receiver. So every defense they face is scheming to stop Kelce since linebackers can't run with him and safeties can't cover him because of his size, as well as keep a lid on Tyreek Hill. That's at least 3-4 players that the defense has to allocate for two players on offense, every single play.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Clearly, in hindsight, he sounded like he knew when he was doing and Pace was seduced.

Good word from Reid probably sealed the deal..

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Can't believe the media is actually are asking them. Given how touchy a subject it is and it being a medical thing at days end. Shit.
Not touchy at all. It is an important question considering the time an unvaccinated player will have to miss if they contract the virus versus a vaccinated player.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Not touchy at all. It is an important question considering the time an unvaccinated player will have to miss if they contract the virus versus a vaccinated player.
I understand why they would want to know, so they can figure out the eventualities that may occur. But as a health issue (much like injuries) they don't need to know.

C'mon now. It IS a touchy subject. Probably THE touchiest possible atm. Let's not hide being the façade of "just doing my job to educate the fans"..

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm going to shoot straight from the hip here. I remember watching Kansas City open the NFL season in New England a few years ago, and prior to the game, I thought to myself, "Oh man, this is going to be brutal. New England is going to destroy these guys." Nagy had that Bill Belichick defense chasing its tail and scored with them blow for blow, ultimately winning the game, shocking the hell out of me. I think that's when he won his head-coaching job, the very first game of that season.

Sometimes though, he gets into this mental game where he actually ends up trying to out-think himself. I imagine it plays out something like this:
"If I do A, he's going to counter 'A' with 'B'. I then need to counter with 'C', except he's going to expect me to counter with 'C', so I've got to keep him off balance and counter with 'D'." When that works, he looks like a genius. When it doesn't, you're wondering, "WTF is up with these lateral plays that don't make any yardage?"

Another thing I think works against him is, he hasn't in the past been great with tailoring his offense to his players. I've said this before, but KC not only has the best tight-end in the game, their receiving corps could win a 4x100 against any other team in the league. The Bears have never had that kind of speed. They're faster now than they were before, but what makes Tyreek Hill interesting is he isn't just blazing fast; he's not just a sprinter, he's a really good receiver. So every defense they face is scheming to stop Kelce since linebackers can't run with him and safeties can't cover him because of his size, as well as keep a lid on Tyreek Hill. That's at least 3-4 players that the defense has to allocate for two players on offense, every single play.
To begin with, Nagy was not calling plays at the start of that season. He only started calling plays when Reid's play calling became somewhat stale, but that was later on.

He did do well when he started calling plays, so your point is still valid.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Someone during that abortion of a presser said that Ryan Pace was still learning on the job.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To begin with, Nagy was not calling plays at the start of that season. He only started calling plays when Reid's play calling became somewhat stale, but that was later on.

He did do well when he started calling plays, so your point is still valid.
Hmm, I didn't realize that. I stand corrected!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Clearly, in hindsight, he sounded like he knew when he was doing and Pace was seduced.

Good word from Reid probably sealed the deal..
When Reid said that he was the best coach he ever had (or something similar), Pace had to listen.

Maybe Reid just wanted to get rid of him and he thought that would be the nicest way of doing it.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I understand why they would want to know, so they can figure out the eventualities that may occur. But as a health issue (much like injuries) they don't need to know.

C'mon now. It IS a touchy subject. Probably THE touchiest possible atm. Let's not hide being the façade of "just doing my job to educate the fans"..

Actually, they do need to know if they are going to be interviewing them in close proximity. Remember the Delta strain is one of the most transmisible viruses known..