Training Camp

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Actually, they do need to know if they are going to be interviewing them in close proximity. Remember the Delta strain is one of the most transmisible viruses known..
If a player isn't vaccinated, they have to go through a whole different interview protocol (which I think one of the tweets above semi-explains).

The close proximity thing isn't something being left to chance here brother. And if we're talking about possible Delta strain exposure, well, that's a whole other animal.

Nah, the media is smart but likes to play dumb. They likely realize that ARob must be vaccinated because he was allowed to be interviewed in that setting.. but by them asking him means they can ask EVERYONE. And we all know that when they DO finally reach a guy who is unvaccinated, that will be there bread-winning story for a day or two.

It's all about the job to them. Under the guise of "we're for the fans" or "public safety". FOH.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If a player isn't vaccinated, they have to go through a whole different interview protocol (which I think one of the tweets above semi-explains).

The close proximity thing isn't something being left to chance here brother. And if we're talking about possible Delta strain exposure, well, that's a whole other animal.

Nah, the media is smart but likes to play dumb. They likely realize that ARob must be vaccinated because he was allowed to be interviewed in that setting.. but by them asking him means they can ask EVERYONE. And we all know that when they DO finally reach a guy who is unvaccinated, that will be there bread-winning story for a day or two.

It's all about the job to them. Under the guise of "we're for the fans" or "public safety". FOH.
So they will still be in close proximity to unvaccinated players?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Notably, this one answer to a question from Giannis stood out to Nagy.

When asked about evaluating Justin Fields’ progress, Matt Nagy referenced this recent answer from Giannis Antetokounmpo and the importance of focusing on today. Nagy said Giannis’ quote is “going up in all four of my kids’ bedrooms.” pic.twitter.com/M6mf3bImNP
— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) July 27, 2021
The cliff notes version is "When you focus on the past, that's your ego... And when I focus on the future it's my pride."

Says the guy that plastered his entire downstairs with his old play sheets.

He is such a full of shit blow hard.

I wouldn't be surpised if he still wears his high school letterman's jacket.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Notably, this one answer to a question from Giannis stood out to Nagy.

The cliff notes version is "When you focus on the past, that's your ego... And when I focus on the future it's my pride."

Says the guy that plastered his entire downstairs with his old play sheets.

He is such a full of shit blow hard.

I wouldn't be surpised if he still wears his high school letterman's jacket.
If I were one of Nagy’s kids, I’d be hanging a sports illustrated swim suit model over that quote.

msadows

Liked Posts:
85% vaccination status. That means 13 to 14 guys aren't vaccinated.

If we're lucky a bunch of them will get cut in the subsequent weeks. Hopefully, it's scrubs. But it makes you wonder if most scrubs realize their vaccination status will affect their employment...it might not be them, it could be guys that are sure they're going to make it.

Thats the one that worries me. Makes me feel like a lot of the non vaxers are vets.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
don't we already have a sebastian gorka thread in the bears forum?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
And with all these restrictions, it will be obvious who is and is not vaccinated. So what's the issue with disclosing it?
All I can say is everyone has their own reasons at the moment man. You kinda just have to give people some space to be human beings at a certain point.

If it needs to be public info because its life or death, fine. But right now in this climate, believe it or not: folks don't see every situation the same way. We'd be best served to acknowledge that and try to be mutually respectful.... instead of trying to make a story out of EVERYTHING.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
still confused why it's a big secret and pro athletes don't want to tell people. anyone who gets asked and won't say i assume hasn't been cause why else wouldn't you just say yes i have like a normal person. only anti vaxxers feel weird about it cause they know it's wrong.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't believe the media is actually are asking them. Given how touchy a subject it is and it being a medical thing at days end. Shit.
It’s a legit question if you’ve been paying any attention to the rules

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
still confused why it's a big secret and pro athletes don't want to tell people. anyone who gets asked and won't say i assume hasn't been cause why else wouldn't you just say yes i have like a normal person. only anti vaxxers feel weird about it cause they know it's wrong.
Because its none of the public's business....there is no rule stating that a players owes an explanation or his status on having a shot or not to fans at large

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

either way, its none of anyone elses business imo

i would expect that answer whether vaxxed or not

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
as he stated the players don't have to answer
I’m posting this for the people asking why it’s a question. They never have to answer anything about anything. BB press conferences should make that obvious

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best things I heard him say:
1. I failed a lot as a head coach
2. It's not always the player's fault
3. I've learned a lot as a head coach

Not slamming Nagy, but you've got to admit your weaknesses to be better. This is a good sign.
He said the same shit last year