Training Camp

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly, we have a different set of ethics. Which is ok.
So you think an NFL reporter asking an NFL player if he is vaccinated is unethical? Do you have a problem with them asking about a players injury?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
So you think an NFL reporter asking an NFL player if he is vaccinated is unethical? Do you have a problem with them asking about a players injury?
Yea I think it's unethical. And you know they avoid injury talk by all means..

Like I said: I understand WHY they are asking as far as the difference in the way a positive test during the season will be treated. But it's something that really doesn't matter if and until it happens. Like asking whether we're going to wear home or away jerseys at the Bowl. Let's get to that point first before worrying about it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yea I think it's unethical. And you know they avoid injury talk by all means..

Like I said: I understand WHY they are asking as far as the difference in the way a positive test during the season will be treated. But it's something that really doesn't matter if and until it happens. Like asking whether we're going to wear home or away jerseys at the Bowl. Let's get to that point first before worrying about it.
So if a player is out the 10 days and misses two games or the team has to forfeit a game is it OK to ask at that time?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
So if a player is out the 10 days and misses two games or the team has to forfeit a game is it OK to ask at that time?
Yes. It would obviously be clear at that point when it actually becomes a reality. Instead of asking in July on some "let's try to predict future outcomes while possibly invading someone's privacy for a story" ish.

Up and until (and IF) someone tests positive and actually misses games, why the hell should I care?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
We have all heard reporters ask NFL players questions that were way worse or more unethical than a vaccination question.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
If because of a medical decision, I was at increased risk to contract a serious virus and infect others, it would be most respectful on my part to inform others of the risk to their health. .Failure to do so shows immaturity and lack of respect.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes. It would obviously be clear at that point when it actually becomes a reality. Instead of asking in July on some "let's try to predict future outcomes while possibly invading someone's privacy for a story" ish.

Up and until (and IF) someone actually tests positive and misses games, why the hell should I care?
Covid in the NFL is a reality and I think the media has every right to ask questions. All the player has to say is no comment. Players both vaccinated and unvaccinated have answered that way.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
We have all heard reporters ask NFL players questions that were way worse or more unethical than a vaccination question.
For sure. But I also think there is a severe underestimation on the amount it angst the vaccine topic is causing some people.

Whether we agree or not, are vaxx or anti-vaxx (and ESPECIALLY if you're a member of the media) it would be wise to be as considerate as possible...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Covid in the NFL is a reality and I think the media has every right to ask questions. All the player has to say is no comment. Players both vaccinated and unvaccinated have answered that way.

"I'm really sorry Mr or Mrs reporter..... I understand why you'd want to know, but I feel like this is private information that I'd like to keep between the team and myself."

Problem solved. Questions answered. Move on.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. But I don't blame players for viewing the media the way they do. Specifically because of situations like these where they try to hide behind that veil of right and wrong based on the story.

How about being a decent human being based on climate?

And asking you and the other Ba-ba dude: Are you really chomping at the bit to be informed daily on who they found out is vaccinated and who isn't? Seems exhausting to me, but I know we all have our things..

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the media's job to expose those God damned, science denying antivaxxers. Probably effing MAGA too. It's amazing that the Bears have 14 or so guys that watch Tucker Carlson. Idiots.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
"I'm really sorry Mr or Mrs reporter..... I understand why you'd want to know, but I feel like this is private information that I'd like to keep between the team and myself."

Problem solved. Questions answered. Move on.
If they know the response, why even ask? Seems like a dick move for a story...

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
For sure. But I also think there is a severe underestimation on the amount it angst the vaccine topic is causing some people.

Whether we agree or not, are vaxx or anti-vaxx (and ESPECIALLY if you're a member of the media) it would be wise to be as considerate as possible...
I get being considerate but the media is hardly ever considerate. Based off of that and vaccinations being the major topic of the NFL, they are going to ask away.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not their job to be considerate. It's their job to find out info. Some people want to know. Some don't. It's not like they're asking their wife's favorite position here..... They're asking info that potentially could cost games.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. But I don't blame players for viewing the media the way they do. Specifically because of situations like these where they try to hide behind that veil of right and wrong based on the story.

And asking you and the other Ba-ba dude: Are you really chomping at the bit to be informed daily on who they found out is vaccinated and who isn't? Seems exhausting to me, but I know we all have our things..
I completely agree and don’t blame players for how they act with the media. But unfortunately that’s part of being a professional sports player.

I also agree with reporters/media members being decent human beings. But you hardly see that out there in that profession. I think that’s why people do that job, because they don’t care.

I do not go out looking for that information. Everything I’ve read about players vaccinations have been from NFL.com or a website like this. But I do understand why the questions are asked.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I completely agree and don’t blame players for how they act with the media. But unfortunately that’s part of being a professional sports player.

I also agree with reporters/media members being decent human beings. But you hardly see that out there in that profession. I think that’s why people do that job, because they don’t care.

I do not go out looking for that information. Everything I’ve read about players vaccinations have been from NFL.com or a website like this. But I do understand why the questions are asked.

Oh I 100% disagree with this. Plenty of good people in the media along with plenty of bad ones. Just like in ANY profession.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised the NFL hasn't made it mandatory. It's a private business. They're probably afraid a few studs won't play. It's always about the $$$ with the NFL.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Oh I 100% disagree with this. Plenty of good people in the media along with plenty of bad ones. Just like in ANY profession.
True but I think overall, not just in the sports world you see more bad media members than good. A lot of media members are assholes and selfish off camera.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It's not really important to me. I mean if the team was at a 30% rate it'd definately raise an eyebrow. I'm just more curious as to your it's unethical take. It's strikes me as a stance more rooted in emotion about the issue than logic. Especially with your "decent human being" comment.