Training Camp

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notably, this one answer to a question from Giannis stood out to Nagy.

The cliff notes version is "When you focus on the past, that's your ego... And when I focus on the future it's my pride."

Says the guy that plastered his entire downstairs with his old play sheets.

He is such a full of shit blow hard.

I wouldn't be surpised if he still wears his high school letterman's jacket.
I’m telling you guys..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andy Dalton is the consummate professional

napo55

Liked Posts:
All I can say is everyone has their own reasons at the moment man. You kinda just have to give people some space to be human beings at a certain point.

If it needs to be public info because its life or death, fine. But right now in this climate, believe it or not: folks don't see every situation the same way. We'd be best served to acknowledge that and try to be mutually respectful.... instead of trying to make a story out of EVERYTHING.

If because of a medical decision, I was at increased risk to contract a serious virus and infect others, it would be most respectful on my part to inform others of the risk to their health. .Failure to do so shows immaturity and lack of respect.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
If because of a medical decision, I was at increased risk to contract a serious virus and infect others, it would be most respectful on my part to inform others of the risk to their health. .Failure to do so shows immaturity and lack of respect.
Well I dont believe that unvaccinated players are being allowed to meet with the media in the same fashion as vaccinated players. So there's that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe Im mistaken then...What are the rules exaclty?

If a vaccinated person tests positive and is asymptomatic, he or she will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur. The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart and will thereafter be tested every two weeks or as directed by the medical staffs. Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.
If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic. Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

If a vaccinated person tests positive and is asymptomatic, he or she will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur. The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart and will thereafter be tested every two weeks or as directed by the medical staffs. Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.
If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic. Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.
Ok. I thought you were talking about the rules as far as meeting with the media in person (or not)...

The rules you quote above are concerning how the league will handle players if they test positive. So what is the point of asking each player NOW whether or not they are vaccinated for something that hasn't even happened yet?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok. I thought you were talking about the rules as far as meeting with the media in person (or not)...

The rules you quote above are concerning how the league will handle players if they test positive. So what is the point of asking each player NOW whether or not they are vaccinated for something that hasn't even happened yet?
Because it’s a football related question. Honestly not sure how you aren’t getting this? The way the NFL has set things up it absolutely matters if a player is vaccinated or not. It matters if most of the team is vaccinated or not. Read the article.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Because it’s a football related question. Honestly not sure how you aren’t getting this? The way the NFL has set things up it absolutely matters if a player is vaccinated or not.

I think we're both in the same boat as far as not seeing how the other isn't getting this.

I understand why they are asking... But it boils down to what we think we need to know at this point about individual players vs ethics.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we're both in the same boat as far as not seeing how the other isn't getting this.

I understand why they are asking... But it boils down to what we think we need to know at this point about individual players vs ethics.
Ethics? It’s professional sports and they’re asking a health related question that effects the team. Every year reporters ask about a players injury, rehab, etc. because it effects the outcomes of games (and gambling). The reporters have a good reason to ask and the players are perfectly within their rights to not answer. There is nothing unethical about a reporter asking those questions.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Ethics? It’s professional sports and they’re asking a health related question that effects the team. Every year reporters ask about a players injury, rehab, etc. because it effects the outcomes of games (and gambling). The reporters have a good reason to ask and the players are perfectly within their rights to not answer. There is nothing unethical about a reporter asking those questions.

Clearly, we have a different set of ethics. Which is ok.