Trestman's first at bat with the Pack...

mac bear

Liked Posts:
... what will make it a 'success' or 'failure' for you?

I almost got pulled into the 'Attention all Cutler haters' thread... some interesting stuff there. BUT, it was clouded with a lot of personal insults at each other. I'm not interested in that. Too much time wasted, I think, although some insults are clever enough to keep me reading down the thread for the rebuttal, however... I don't want that here.

What I'd love to hear; what I'm specifically interested in hearing, is logical takes on how you see this NEXT Monday night game playing out. What will make it a success for you, and what a failure. I have some buddies coming over, and we had booked this a long time ago. Got my "Packers Suck" shirt hopefully arriving before the game and fridge stocked from an easy week this week with out football of true interest for me. So, I'm ready. I'm pretty sure that I know what I'll be looking for... I want more insight.

I like Trestman. I hope he shores up the D issues either soon, or worst case, off season, but I also hold out a degree of hope that some of the players, coupled with the bye week, will make them not as horrendous as has been the case.

So, that is what I'll be hoping for. The defence to allow the game to actually be a game, and not a blow out in favour of the ugly colors. I have been impressed with Rodgers for a long time now, and their 'dealing with injuries' has been impressive, year in and year out... ours, well, not as much. True story there, blame Cutler or otherwise, the organization over there has put them in a better position to succeed than ours has once the first wall comes tumbling down.

Until next week?

I won't be overly surprised or suicidal if we get blown out, but I hope we keep in close, and even slide in for a sneak win. THat would make me very happy. As for if it'll be a success or not... that all has to do with how our D contains them on Third down and long in particular. Also, I'll be very pleased if our running game is established, AND theirs is shut down... bringing back comments on the National media about the Pack being one dimensional again. This new 'running attack' or theirs with its 145 yards per average has me a little irritated.

So, it'll be a failure if they run on us, have easy time with third downs and burn us on the scoreboard and time clock.

Otherwise, in all cases... It'll be a success.

As for our O... well, I like the concept of scoring as we did last week...

You?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
....and the result wont be pretty.

Is that what you were going to say? I see your angle now.

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
At this point I don't expect the defense to do anything but ruin my day, so really, I don't even care about that crap anymore. For this game to be a success in my opinion our passing attack can't completely fall off a cliff with Cutler gone - I want to see McCown do a decent job holding down the fort. (It doesn't need to be amazing, just something that looks like it can score and potentially keep us in games.) Forte needs to pick up the slack and get the running game going early, and really show up as the great RB I know he is. I don't want to hear anything about a Chicago offensive lineman for the entire game, and to top it off, some creative playcalling on both sides of the field to make up for all of the injuries and pieces missing couldn't hurt.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
This could be a drubbing of "epic proportions." I am bracing for a serious ass kicking........ours........just keep it close guys....please.......

Hang 60 on us...?!

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It could be interesting, because I expect the offense to function. Our defense is a sieve.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The defense can't stop Rodgers and the Packers run game and I doubt we put up points once we see McCown play a whole game against a defense that doesn't suck. I hope we win but I had my doubts even when #6 was under center. Go bears though

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
OK, so we are all agreed. Hester doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chances are he'll be holding the sole record, but in my opinion no.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At this point I don't expect the defense to do anything but ruin my day, so really, I don't even care about that crap anymore. For this game to be a success in my opinion our passing attack can't completely fall off a cliff with Cutler gone - I want to see McCown do a decent job holding down the fort. (It doesn't need to be amazing, just something that looks like it can score and potentially keep us in games.) Forte needs to pick up the slack and get the running game going early, and really show up as the great RB I know he is. I don't want to hear anything about a Chicago offensive lineman for the entire game, and to top it off, some creative playcalling on both sides of the field to make up for all of the injuries and pieces missing couldn't hurt.

This is exactly what I want. See trestman acknowledge and overcome adversity. We will be missing cutler's intangibles but mc should be successful with a good plan. Forte needs to step up and he really can if trestman is who we thought he was. I am comfortable with the d being shit because they are shit. Also it would be cool if the rooks on d get mean and dirty, for meatball fans and for the sale of rivalries that trestman doesn't believe in. fuck the pack, fuck Rodgers, and fuck the bears fans that can't conceive a game we can go out and win in. Expect a loss, but prepare your bodies. My body is ready. Bear down.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My body is ready. Bear down.

Thats what she said oh and Forte really does need to step up now that #6 is out. He kept us in the redskins game so we will see

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is exactly what I want. See trestman acknowledge and overcome adversity. We will be missing cutler's intangibles but mc should be successful with a good plan. Forte needs to step up and he really can if trestman is who we thought he was. I am comfortable with the d being shit because they are shit. Also it would be cool if the rooks on d get mean and dirty, for meatball fans and for the sale of rivalries that trestman doesn't believe in. fuck the pack, fuck Rodgers, and fuck the bears fans that can't conceive a game we can go out and win in. Expect a loss, but prepare your bodies. My body is ready. Bear down.

McCown has no shortage of intangibles, but he's not going to make the spectacular throw. Every offensive possession will be crucial.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Packer colors are green and athletic gold.

I'm one of the few Packer fans that hates that they have a running game. More times than not it is just a waste of a down. (Yes, I am aware of how play action works). But give Rodgers 3 downs to pick up 10 yards through the air? I'd say he's successful most of the time. I'd just throw the damn ball if I was GB until I had a big lead. Run the ball, yay, more times than not they'll pick up the first down through the air anyway. But I'm off on a tangent here.

I think the Packers "balanced" offense will keep Chicago in the game even if they are playing poorly. I expect a 3 point victory by one of the two teams. If I were a Bears fan I would be disappointed by a loss and I would kill Trestman's dog if that happened (if I was a Bears fan).

mac bear

Liked Posts:
....and the result wont be pretty.

Is that what you were going to say? I see your angle now.

I think I'm alluding to it. But I'm not a pessimist to start. I can live with hoping they'll do fine. I've crashed from heights before, and have lived to tell that the view was pretty cool, and the landing hurt just as much as when I first tried on skates.

I think they will get blown out, but will I be ok with it. Not sure. Maybe...

mac bear

Liked Posts:

So, don't waste time with D this year? I'm almost cool with it, but hoping that we do see some things from Anderson and Bostic and Greene, to be honest. Our DBS have been so fried, and it's Rodgers, so... ug. As for the line, if Peppers shows anything (1 sack even), then maybe the injuries he's obviously, IMO, been harbouring may be rested and maybe?

As for the O, what you're saying is that you want the line to rise and push for the run even more. Yeah, that'd be sweet too. I do like Forte, so a big game from him will make me feel all right as well.

Cheers

mac bear

Liked Posts:
This could be a drubbing of "epic proportions." I am bracing for a serious ass kicking........ours........just keep it close guys....please.......

Hang 60 on us...?!

Yeah, that'd hurt. But even with the 60 (man, to say it), is there a way to still find some light? Especially since most of us are almost expecting it. Come to think of it, has there ever been a game in recent history, that has the almost 'accepted' potential of a drubbing as this one? And subsequently, more of a prospect of making people pleased even if a loss, if 'kept close'? I think that's what I'm alluding to...