Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How much though?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I can see both sides in signing Trevathan or Kwiat. Trevathan is getting up there in age, but still performed at a high level before the elbow injury last year. Team leader also. Kwiat will likely get paid, and we need resources for offense. He is a good player, always played hard, and seemed to have a team-first mentality. Best of luck to him, though I hope he signs with a team outside the NFC North.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I bet it will be 3.5M/year for 3 years with 1 year guaranteed. I actually like this move. If they can sign KPL for around 1M/year for 2 years and sign a young FA or draft a guy, I think we'll be fine at LB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I can see both sides in signing Trevathan or Kwiat. Trevathan is getting up there in age, but still performed at a high level before the elbow injury last year. Team leader also. Kwiat will likely get paid, and we need resources for offense. He is a good player, always played hard, and seemed to have a team-first mentality. Best of luck to him, though I hope he signs with a team outside the NFC North.

When healthy Trev is a better ILB than Kwiat is.

You'd have to assume its a team friendly deal, and like you said, guy is a leader and will help roquans development if he stays here. Good move if the cash is right.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder with all the money tied up in Smith, DT and Mack if this increases the likelihood of moving from Floyd and his $13m

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
per Brad Biggs - "Bears have re-signed Trevathan, who was set to be an unrestricted free agent Wednesday, to a three-year contract. One source said the deal can total $24 million."