"Trubisky has zero interest to return to the Bears" report is not true.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky is a failure and re-signing him would be a failure. Anyone advocating for this is an idiot

:kanye:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
pretty crazy because our illustrious leader George said out loud we need better production from the QB...that included the 2 chumps they may possibly bring back...they have to draft someone or make a splash move

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Carr, Dak, or Watson will cost too much. Sign Winston (pay more than NO) and keep all our picks. Fix the OL / Offense. If Watson busts we an get a new GM and HC. Win / Win

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Draft the future QB in the first. Hope they get the right QB. OL in round 2.
Who, the kid from Florida? Unless we trade up and use more draft capitol, the top 5 QBs will be gone by pick 20. Wouldn't be my plan if my job depended on making the playoffs and winning a game. Need to get a Vet starter that there is a chance he will improve. Might not happen but at least have a chance.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
According to multiple sources, I still have zero interest in Trubisky's return to the bears.

And yet there's a reporter from Philly that swears they saw you climbing out of Mitch's bedroom window...

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Who, the kid from Florida? Unless we trade up and use more draft capitol, the top 5 QBs will be gone by pick 20. Wouldn't be my plan if my job depended on making the playoffs and winning a game. Need to get a Vet starter that there is a chance he will improve. Might not happen but at least have a chance.
Dalton will not get the team to a deep playoff run. Neither will Winston, Trubisky, Fitzpatrick, etc. If they need to move up in the draft to get Lance or Jones, fine.

Personally I hope they jump ahead of the Pats and take Jones. Wouldn’t cost too much and he’s on a rookie contract. More importantly, I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh? The majority of the overly emotional posters here LOVE MITCH. Name me 3 Mitch haters who would have a "meltdown" over him staying please.

Thanks.

<--- this guy? maybe?

Imagine if he came back and played well.

you motherfucker

don't even

bears stuck with rex too long

then stuck with cutler like half a career too long

just not again. please god no just fucking no

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you motherfucker

don't even

bears stuck with rex too long

then stuck with cutler like half a career too long

just not again. please god no just fucking no

Ya never know...

JubilantDiscreteIberianbarbel-max-1mb.gif

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya never know...

JubilantDiscreteIberianbarbel-max-1mb.gif

ugh

this year I detached from the bears and spent sundays hiking with my nephew

maybe if the knuckle draggers, Qtards, and white nationalists go back to ignoring politics, I will have the emotional bandwidth to care about the bears again

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going over the pros and cons of getting mitch back... but I'll slim it down..

Getting him means you can afford draft picks to build the team or offense up. Get O linemen to better protect the next would be franchise Qb, you can draft down to get more picks. IT's a deep draft and I always felt from the deeper ones always better to get more picks.

Well If you have 10 picks but only get three good players, or have 5 good picks and get 5 good players... rather have five picks...

More than likely will have the cap to Tag Robinson too.

Cons... well you lost on gettin Watson, and if your Pace and Nagy, the chances of losing your job goes way up or being any of the coaches under these two.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rather keep trubisky and have him battle it out with a rook....than most of the other options being floated...unless we can get our hands on watson

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Shaking my shake-weight while yelling TRUUUUUUUUUUBZ!!!!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Now that's "collaboration"

We've made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years
We've never had a losing season

It makes complete sense to run it back with the same gm, hc, qb and just get better!

Can’t tell if you been drinking or that you need a drink...

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The thing is though, Nagy has absolutely no leverage here. He is in his last year and there has been no talk of contract extension. Plus, the top 3 QB's are basically off the board:
  • Wentz is off the table (for honestly a pretty reasonable price)
  • Stafford is off the table
  • Watson is NOT coming to Chicago and people need to stop thinking otherwise. Accept it
So what is realistically left:
  • Jimmy G? - doubtful as SanFran will make 1 more run with him but will probably also draft a QB. Their issue this year was injuries
  • Cam - His career as a starter is over
  • Carr - Maybe, but doubtful he is traded because he is not the issue there in Oakland and Bears would be dumb to give up the capital required to get him (more than likely a Stafford like haul instead of Wentz)
  • Darnold - Maybe but A) What is it going to cost B) is he already broken a la David Carr and C) Do we actually trust Nagy to build him up if he isn't broken?
The facts are:
  • We are in borderline Cap Hell
  • We just got back our full compliment of draft picks for the first time in years
  • We have an aging, albeit, solid defense
  • We figured out the interior of the O-Line
  • We were 8-8 but actually very close to being 11-5
    • At a minimum, we should have beaten Detroit the second time, should have beat NO in the regular season not to mention a wide open TD drop that makes it a different playoff game, and we should have also beat MN in Game 1)
With all that being said, bringing Mitch back is not the worst idea, something along the lines of what Marriota got and you run it back 1 more year and use the draft to fill out with weapons and improve the O-Line. That is most likely the best case scenario. Anything else more than likely continues to set this franchise back.

- The Bears don’t have a FULL compliment of picks this year. They don’t have a 4th rd.

- lol at “very close to 11-5”. They were closer to 6-10.

- The Bears have 3 quality fucking wins in 3 years.

- Bringing Mitch back is a terrible terrible idea.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we can't get any of the big names then i'm down with signing Alex Smith and drafting a QB somewhere in the draft. I guess he's not a free agent but i thought i saw that he was. Well then sign R.Fitzpatrick and draft a QB or sign T.Taylor and draft a QB.