Trubisky ranked the 21st best QB according to The Score.com

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
One would have thought if Mitch having a middling+ season stats wise was cause for a parade that the Bears trading for a guy in his prime who had a tick better of a season with a more impressive stat in yardage would have been cause to elect Cutler mayor.
..... and then he never lived up to that hype. You see why it’s irrelevant?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
..... and then he never lived up to that hype. You see why it’s irrelevant?
You see why this comment is relevant?

Cutler's second year in the league....108 Rate+
Mitch's second year in the league 107 Rate+..and if you want to make the assumptive "he'll progress with the system "argument...Cutler actually slide back to a 108 rate+ from his 110 rate+ the year before despite being in the system for the second straight year.

Mitch wasn't overly impressive last year.

Progression isn't linear and should never be assumed.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the overall success of the Bears has clouded what Mitch actually did last year. He was decent. He wasn't special. It wasn't parade worthy. It was a step forward..but holy cow.......
For the record, I don't disagree with this. But I still think patience on Trubisky's development is a reality we have to deal with.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also, mea culpa but Cutler's Rate+ the year before the Bears got him was a 104. So Cutler actually slid back from a 110 in a 5 game sample as a rookie to a 108 his second season, to a 104 his last season in Denver. So it actually makes the assumption of progression worse. Shit happens in the NFL. People trying to pass off Mitch's 2018 as something special or parade worthy...my God.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the record, I don't disagree with this. But I still think patience on Trubisky's development is a reality we have to deal with.
I'm fine being patient with it but patience to me isn't throwing a parade for a 107 rate+ QB or elevating him above a guy like Dak Prescott who has shown himself to be a better QB than Mitch during both of their season's in the NFL and a MUCH better QB at his peak(rookie year) than Mitch has been at any point in time.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You see why this comment is relevant?

Cutler's second year in the league....108 Rate+
Mitch's second year in the league 107 Rate+..and if you want to make the assumptive "he'll progress with the system "argument...Cutler actually slide back to a 108 rate+ from his 110 rate+ the year before despite being in the system for the second straight year.

Mitch wasn't overly impressive last year.

Progression isn't linear and should never be assumed.
Progression isn’t linear but I don’t see the parallels you’re trying to make here. Mitch appeared in 5 games in his 110 rate+ season. Mitch is also in a way better system with a way better coach. And we actually saw him get better week by week. I can’t really say he “slid back” because the sample size was way too small to draw any conclusions.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also, mea culpa but Cutler's Rate+ the year before the Bears got him was a 104. So Cutler actually slid back from a 110 in a 5 game sample as a rookie to a 108 his second season, to a 104 his last season in Denver. So it actually makes the assumption of progression worse. Shit happens in the NFL. People trying to pass off Mitch's 2018 as something special or parade worthy...my God.
But he statistically improved in every category by significant amounts on a year to year basis (in Denver)

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'm fine being patient with it but patience to me isn't throwing a parade for a 107 rate+ QB or elevating him above a guy like Dak Prescott who has shown himself to be a better QB than Mitch during both of their season's in the NFL and a MUCH better QB at his peak(rookie year) than Mitch has been at any point in time.

So you are happy to take a QB that peaked in his rookie year over a QB that has not hit his ceiling yet (likely true although not guaranteed). Pretty sure Cowboys fans were ready to ditch Dak about midway through the season. There is still debate on what they should do as far as signing him to his next contract.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Progression isn’t linear but I don’t see the parallels you’re trying to make here. Mitch appeared in 5 games in his 110 rate+ season. Mitch is also in a way better system with a way better coach. And we actually saw him get better week by week. I can’t really say he “slid back” because the sample size was way too small to draw any conclusions.
First off, you mean Cutler...Mitch's rookie year Rate+ was 84

Nagy is not a "way better coach" than Mike Shannahan at this point in time(2x SB Champion, Playoffs 7x in 13 seasons). What the hell? Shanny's west coast offense was a pretty good system....Just saying.....

The last part of your post is based on the faulty thinking Mitch was a 110 rate+ with 5 games in his rookie year. He wasn't. That was Cutler. Just stop posting at this point.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But he statistically improved in every category by significant amounts on a year to year basis (in Denver)
That's not true. At all.

From Cutler's second to third season his comp% went down, his TD% dipped, passer rating went down, YPA down, A/YA down, etc. His Volume numbers went up because he threw the ball 600+ times but hidden in the volume numbers raising was slips in efficiency numbers. So you're..wrong..again

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I didn't think there was a general consensus best pick. I thought there were 3 guys who were graded "first round", and if any of the three were thought to be "consensus best", it was Watson. I don't think Pace did anything bad, it was just a missed opportunity. I would be more interested to know what Pace DIDN'T like about Mahomes, and why he felt Trubisky was so superior to Mahomes that he had to trade up to get him.
It was really Mitch or Watson, very few had Mahomes as the top QB

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
First off, you mean Cutler...Mitch's rookie year Rate+ was 84

Nagy is not a "way better coach" than Mike Shannahan at this point in time. What the hell? Shanny's west coast offense was a pretty good system....Just saying.....

The last part of your post is based on the faulty thinking Mitch was a 110 rate+ with 5 games in his rookie year. He wasn't. That was Cutler. Just stop posting at this point.
Yeah I got the names mixed up but the point remains Jay’s sample size from his 110 rate+ season was way too small of a sample size to mean shit. Also you’re comparing jay who notoriously doesn’t give a fuck to Mitch who by all accounts has all the intangibles and study habits and drive to improve in his next season with this system

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you are happy to take a QB that peaked in his rookie year over a QB that has not hit his ceiling yet (likely true although not guaranteed). Pretty sure Cowboys fans were ready to ditch Dak about midway through the season. There is still debate on what they should do as far as signing him to his next contract.
We. Don't. Know. That.

Even still, Dak was better than Trubisky last season. Why can't Dak continue to progress/rebound from a sub par 2017 and always stay ahead of Mitch as he was last year?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I got the names mixed up but the point remains Jay’s sample size from his 110 rate+ season was way too small of a sample size to mean shit
Ok so his 108 and 104 seasons had a big enough sample. Same system. Same coach. Good talent. He slid back. 108....104...Bears.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ok so his 108 and 104 seasons had a big enough sample. Same system. Same coach. Good talent. He slid back. 108....104...Bears.
You’re also comparing jay to Mitch who are entirely different people with different drives and sets of intangibles. One is notorious for not caring and the other by all accounts has great drive and study habits. Also you’re cherry picking most QBs improve in their second year in an offense.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We. Don't. Know. That.

Even still, Dak was better than Trubisky last season. Why can't Dak continue to progress/rebound from a sub par 2017 and always stay ahead of Mitch as he was last year?

Dak has not progressed since entering the league. Why are you ready to be optimistic towards a QB that regressed yet be pessimistic towards a QB that progressed? Seems kinda ass backwards.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re also comparing jay to Mitch who are entirely different people with different drives and sets of intangibles. One is notorious for not caring and the other by all accounts has great drive and study habits. Also you’re cherry picking most QBs improve in their second year in an offense.
1. That's not true. The NFL is littered with guys who flamed out as the league got the jump on them. Guys regress. You see it all the time. Some bounce back. Some don't. There's a reason the term "sophomore slump" exists across the sporting world.

2. Yeah, Mitch is different than Jay. He's also unique to anyone that has ever walked the earth. You seem to be missing the point of the Cutler deal to begin with and it's maddening. The point in bringing up Cutler was that a poster said people would have thrown a parade for the numbers Mitch had. I brought up Cutler's numbers to show that not only were the numbers not parade worthy but they were pretty average+ and nothing to be excited about since we've seen those numbers before. You're trying to twist this into that I think Mitch is Cutler or some weird shit or destined for the same fate. I don't think that.

You're not even understanding the argument at this point.