Trubisky ranked the 21st best QB according to The Score.com

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So that translates to....3683 yards. 27 TD's 14 INT's.

A parade? Jay Cutler pretty much did that around the 2010 and 2014 seasons if you split the difference. A parade?
Yes if you told CCS before the packers game last season Mitch would throw for almost 3700 yards this place would have had a parade. Mitch was in his second season Jay was a certified lost cause.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So that translates to....3683 yards. 27 TD's 14 INT's.

A parade? Jay Cutler pretty much did that around the 2010 and 2014 seasons if you split the difference. A parade?
4k or bust this year.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I explained it further after what you quoted. Not my problem that you're just a dick.

I must have missed the part where you specify at what juncture of Trubisky's NFL career when we/I can assess his on-field performance. My bad. Such a potty mouth, too.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes if you told CCS before the packers game last season Mitch would throw for almost 3700 yards this place would have had a parade. Mitch was in his second season Jay was a certified lost cause.
Cutler was a lost cause in 2010?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cutler was a lost cause in 2010?
You said 2010-2014. Your 16 game projection for Mitch would have been better than every year from that time span except for 2014. Hell every year he was a Bears QB except 2014 would have been less than your 16 game projection for Mitch.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said 2010-2014. Your 16 game projection for Mitch would have been better than every year from that time span except for 2014. Hell every year he was a Bears QB except 2014 would have been less than your 16 game projection for Mitch.
No. I said 2010 and 2014. Not 2010 through 2014.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure how you figure that. Did they win 12 games because of trubisky or because they had the easiest schedule and best defense? Jim Miller/Shane Matthews won 13 games with great defense. As did Grossman. And they did it in John Shoop/Ron Turner offense, not a Matt Nagy offense.

It's a team game - and it's clear Trubisky is a significant part of that. Listen to players talk about him, listen to coaches praise his attitude and aptitude. It's actually why obsessing about individual statistics is a folly , more so whether a magazine or website ranks a player above of below others.

I get it's a major part of watching US sports, and something that clearly doesn't have the same level of importance and engagement in other countries. But at the end of the day, the team with the wins to get to the playoffs, gets to the playoffs and that's what matters, not whether the QB was ranked number 7 in Vogue or Harpers Bazaar.

Trubisky, after a full year with Nagy, clearly has the respect of his peers - and clearly he is a big part of the esprit de corp that seems to be at the hart of the changing of culture at Halas Hall. That to me is priceless, and will reap rewards.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A 107 Rate+ is actually a tick worse than Cutler's 108 Rate+ the year before the Bears traded for him. Compounding this, Trubisky didn't even make it to 4,000 yards like Cutler did.

A PARADE?

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No. I said 2010 and 2014. Not 2010 through 2014.
My bad. But yeah he would have still been better than Jay every year except 2014 which would have made him the best QB in bears history according to your own 16 game projection.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A 107 Rate+ is actually a tick worse than Cutler's 108 Rate+ the year before the Bears traded for him. Compounding this, Trubisky didn't even make it to 4,000 yards like Cutler did.

A PARADE?
Jay made it to 4000 in Denver never in Chicago

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My bad. But yeah he would have still been better than Jay every year except 2014 which would have made him the best QB in bears history according to your own 16 game projection.
Ummm....Not it would not have been.

Erik Kramer's 1995 is still the standard for modern day Bears QB's.

3800+ yards
29 TD's
10INT's

Jay made it to 4000 in Denver never in Chicago
No fucking shit! Read what the hell I wrote.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not really, but the more important question is: do you trust Trubisky to win a big game? He hasn't done it yet. The loss to Philly in the playoffs was historic in that the Bears defense was 1st in points allowed and turnovers created, and still couldn't get out of the wild-card round. The Bears had no problem clinching their division last year as only the Vikings barely scraped over .500 (8-7-1).

You could argue that but for Trubisky we wouldn't have been one kick away from beating the reigning Superbowl Champs. First year in a new system with very few weapons at his disposal and he wins 11 games - in a sixteen game season they're all big games. So yes, he clearly can, and I think he'll only get better.

Call me an optimist but I think he'll prove the doubters wrong

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could argue that but for Trubisky we wouldn't have been one kick away from beating the reigning Superbowl Champs. First year in a new system with very few weapons at his disposal and he wins 11 games - in a sixteen game season they're all big games. So yes, he clearly can, and I think he'll only get better.

Call me an optimist but I think he'll prove the doubters wrong
So Kirk Cousin's is a big game QB because he win's more than he loses and "they are all big games"?

With certain QB's besides Trubisky the Bears stomp the Eagles due to the defense dominating and the offense not taking a nap for a half.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ummm....Not it would not have been.

Erik Kramer's 1995 is still the standard for modern day Bears QB's.

3800+ yards
29 TD's
10INT's

No fucking shit! Read what the hell I wrote.

Still can’t find anything on rate+ by the way. And who the fuck cares what Jay did in Denver it’s irrelevant, he was dog shit in Chicago.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
@FirstTimer found it. Turns out 100 is average so Mitch was actually a better than average QB according to this metric. I like it.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still can’t find anything on rate+ by the way. And who the fuck cares what Jay did in Denver it’s irrelevant, he was dog shit in Chicago.
One would have thought if Mitch having a middling+ season stats wise was cause for a parade that the Bears trading for a guy in his prime who had a tick better of a season with a more impressive stat in yardage would have been cause to elect Cutler mayor.