Trubisky ranked the 21st best QB according to The Score.com

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt Pace picked the worst of the lot in that draft. The 2 things making him serviceable are scheme and his running ability. The running success isn't sustainable for long, such QBs usually slow down a lot with that after their first few years and as the team sees a bit more difficult schedule, the better opponents will look to take that away from him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It’s funny how so many already “know” how this is going to turn out.

There’s a lot of ebb and flow in the NFL and number of factors that will impact all three of these QBs that none of us can predict. Losing Hunt and Hill might be a negative for Mahomes.
Watson looks like he’ll have Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee all healthy this year which certainly isn’t going to hurt. Mitch’s situation looks better too.
I’m actually going to let this play out before making any grand pronouncements.

I’m still going to laugh at anyone that thinks a QB that has been in two different systems in his first two years is anywhere near his ceiling.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

There’s a lot of ebb and flow in the NFL and number of factors that will impact all three of these QBs that none of us can predict. Losing Hunt and Hill might be a negative for Mahomes.
Watson looks like he’ll have Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee all healthy this year which certainly isn’t going to hurt. Mitch’s situation looks better too.
I’m actually going to let this play out before making any grand pronouncements.

I’m still going to laugh at anyone that thinks a QB that has been in two different systems in his first two years is anywhere near his ceiling.

It is 100% non-linear.

There will be ups and downs in 2019 as there were in 2018. The ups need to be higher or more like the Det or GB 2 game and the lows cannot be the Rams game in 2019.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

This post is "sevvy-like" in its nonsense. Its already turning out. Mahomes already won an MVP. The Bears already had a defense rank #1 in points and turnovers and still couldn't win a wild-card game. I am already seeing the impact of the 2017 draft.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
HA HA HA! People still talk about the Blazers taking Bowie over Jordan, much less Oden over Durant. I guess the problem is that not only did Pace trade up to acquire Trubisky, the QB he passed over ended up winning the NFL MVP AWARD! IN HIS SECOND YEAR!! For you to simply 'gloss over' this fact with some poor language is absurd. Yet you top yourself by immediately launching into some diatribe about "inexperience" and previous coaching regimes...I'm sorry, have you not been following the NFL? Young QBs have excelled in their 1st and 2nd seasons. It happens a lot. In fact, the guy that Pace didn't draft just won the MVP.

I guess the obvious question is what point does Trubisky lose the crutch of "inexperience"? Several QBs had their best seasons under John Fox, but now we should be factoring that in to Trubisky's evaluation as something he had to overcome? I'm not sure what creates this nonsense...is it just excuse-making for Trubisky (and Pace)? Or is it ignorance of what young QBs in the NFL have accomplished in recent years?

As for Trubisky's ranking, its whatever. You have your proven elite QBs, guys who suck, and then the majority of the QBs are a jumble in the middle. Trubisky is still in that jumble as of now. Not sure why there is so much angst over this.

I hope all the crytits continue to wallow in the sadness of "We should have drafted Mahomes." I know to some degree that it ruins their enjoyment of football. Now THAT is what is fucking absurd. It's also hilarious. I'm just tired of reading it, because what purpose does it serve? What are you going to do about it? Everyone should get together, hold hands, and have a nice cry.

Again, a bunch of grown ass men crying all the fucking time about something they can't have, and that they have zero control over. It's pathetic.

Trubisky's development is his development. It's going to be different from other players. Comparing it to other guys isn't going to do you any good. And all this "He better show me something". Lol. Or what? And do you honestly think that 2017 train wreck of an offense was a good environment for a rookie QB with very little college experience to develop in? Please. Learning from John Fox and Dowell Loggains is right on par with learning from Andy Reid, right?

I don't care if people want to criticize the kid when he makes mistakes. He showed us plenty last year. But for fuck's sake, let Nagy do his thing with the kid.

I thought the anti-Cutler shit got old. And Cutler was way worse of a QB than Trubisky. And yet motherfuckers act like Trubisky is a dumpster fire of a QB with no upside. Lol. I honestly think some Bears fan have some deep psychological issues when it comes to QBs. Rush needs to get a shrink on staff here to help people work through it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This post is "sevvy-like" in its nonsense. Its already turning out. Mahomes already won an MVP. The Bears already had a defense rank #1 in points and turnovers and still couldn't win a wild-card game. I am already seeing the impact of the 2017 draft.

Thumbs up from FirstTimer, Spartan, and Bearmick. LOL. This level of cunting is hilarious.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'm for sure taking Dak over Mitch. No hesitation.

I'm also taking Cousins over him at this point in time.

Stealing a bit from Windy's list Trubz would be behind all these guys for me at this second in time:

Brady
Big Ben
Luck
Mahomes
Rivers
Wilson
Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Newton
Wentz
Stafford
Goff
Watson
Baker
Dak
Cousins
Carr
Dalton
Alex Smith(if His leg wasn't in 2,000 pieces)

Of course when you look at these players and their performance from LAST YEAR and put that season in a vacuum then I completely agree with putting Mitch behind these players. Any of these QB's would have given the Bears a better chance to win a super bowl last year.

Would you really take all of these guys though over the next 3 years?

I get it - Trubisky was bad to mediocre at best last year. The point has been made. If you consider the possibility of projecting here I think Trubisky will make his way into the top 10-15 QB's in the league and he has the chance to crack the top 10.

We have seen enough of guys like Stafford, Cousins, Dalton, Alex Smith to know it would be ridiculous to take them. Hell, harbaugh took 1 Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith and Kaep isn't even in the league any more yet you have people on a message board claiming they would take a guy that may never play another game over Mitch. lmao. Dalton had 3/4 of 1 year of excellence and failed to win his team a playoff game and he likely will never win a playoff game in his entire career, let alone lead a team to a super bowl.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You do know his post was about how Mitch hasn’t gotten close to his ceiling and you respond with Mahomes won MVP. Did Pace miss fuck up by not taking Mahomes? Obviously. But in these lists of “QBs I would take before Mitch” ITT he’s consistently in the 15-20 range. Remember he was a consensus bottom 5 starter going into last season, that’s a huge leap in one season. To sit here and say he won’t improve in year 2 in one of, if not the most, complicated NFL offenses is nonsense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I hope all the crytits continue to wallow in the sadness of "We should have drafted Mahomes." I know to some degree that it ruins their enjoyment of football. Now THAT is what is fucking absurd. It's also hilarious. I'm just tired of reading it, because what purpose does it serve? What are you going to do about it? Everyone should get together, hold hands, and have a nice cry.

I guess the irony is that no one was really doing that in this thread, until you complained about it for some reason. I'm not sure if anyone also said it ruins their enjoyment of football, but whatever.

Trubisky's development is his development. It's going to be different from other players. Comparing it to other guys isn't going to do you any good. And all this "He better show me something". Lol. Or what?

What on earth does this babble even mean? Is this what playthrough is referencing as your "brutally honest" football thoughts? This is terrible.

You didn't respond to any of the football content in my postings. Par for the course.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Two years ago Carson Wentz looked like the best player in the NFL.

I remember when you wrote on this forum Alshon Jeffery would never improve and that was after the 2nd Green Bay game his rookie year. Talk about nonsense... Your little buddy was thanking your posts then too.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You do know his post was about how Mitch hasn’t gotten close to his ceiling and you respond with Mahomes won MVP. Did Pace miss fuck up by not taking Mahomes? Obviously. But in these lists of “QBs I would take before Mitch” ITT he’s consistently in the 15-20 range. Remember he was a consensus bottom 5 starter going into last season, that’s a huge leap in one season. To sit here and say he won’t improve in year 2 in one of, if not the most, complicated NFL offenses is nonsense.

What are you responding to? Did I say he won't improve? Of course he was a bottom 5 starter going into last season...why wouldn't he have been?

I think its asinine to ignore what has already happened because we don't know how things in the future might turn out. It's not that complicated.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Two years ago Carson Wentz looked like the best player in the NFL.

I remember when you wrote on this forum Alshon Jeffery would never improve and that was after the 2nd Green Bay game his rookie year. Talk about nonsense... Your little buddy was thanking your posts then too.

So is Mahomes winning the MVP erased because two years ago Carson Wentz looked like the best player in the NFL?

You are misremembering what I said about Jeffery. I said he didn't improve during his rookie year. Amazingly, I was one of the only guys pushing for Pace to re-sign him a couple years later. God forbid I form my opinions based on what actually has happened!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What are you responding to? Did I say he won't improve? Of course he was a bottom 5 starter going into last season...why wouldn't he have been?

I think its asinine to ignore what has already happened because we don't know how things in the future might turn out. It's not that complicated.

So you are saying you would if you had the option for a straight up trade.... get rid of the unknown quanity that is Mitchell Trubisky for more or less known quanitities in Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Tannehill, Mariota, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins ; insert other QB's here.... ????

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So is Mahomes winning the MVP erased because two years ago Carson Wentz looked like the best player in the NFL?

You are misremembering what I said about Jeffery. I said he didn't improve during his rookie year. Amazingly, I was one of the only guys pushing for Pace to re-sign him a couple years later. God forbid I form my opinions based on what actually has happened!

I absolutely am not. We went back and forth on the issue and I gave you every chance to backtrack but you insisted he didn’t have it and would not get better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Let me ask you this can you make a list of QBs you would take before Mitch because your opinion of him varies from he’s a nice piece with potential to thinking he’ll be nothing but average.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So you are saying you would if you had the option for a straight up trade.... get rid of the unknown quanity that is Mitchell Trubisky for more or less known quanitities in Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Tannehill, Mariota, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins ; insert other QB's here.... ????

Mahomes?

Why is this directed at me? To what are you referencing?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Exactly he would trade Mitch who is at average right now with more upside for career average QBs

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I have no idea why Rory feels the need to discredit Mitch himself because of the blunder Pace made

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I absolutely am not. We went back and forth on the issue and I gave you every chance to backtrack but you insisted he didn’t have it and would not get better.

Really? I insisted that Jeffery would never top his "stellar" rookie output of 24 receptions and 367 yards? After the 2nd GB game, Jeffery had 5 more catches for the rest of the year. Cool.

And the whole thing about me wanting Pace to re-sign Jeffery...you just ignored that?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess the irony is that no one was really doing that in this thread, until you complained about it for some reason. I'm not sure if anyone also said it ruins their enjoyment of football, but whatever.

What on earth does this babble even mean? Is this what playthrough is referencing as your "brutally honest" football thoughts? This is terrible.

You didn't respond to any of the football content in my postings. Par for the course.

Jesus, dude. You are a special person.

No one in this thread is doing it? This is CRM's thread. That exact thing is his shtick. It's also been the last 2 years of constant crying on this forum about Trubisky and Watson, and then Trubisky and Mahomes. It's a thing that happens here often.

My other point is, you can compare Trubisky's development all you want to other players, and it means nothing. Players develop at the pace that they're capable of developing. Trubisky's has been slower than some other players. Possibly his overall inexperience compared to that of other players is part of that. Perhaps some of it has to do with the Fox/Loggains train wreck of 2017. So maybe people should continue to be patient? Have faith in Nagy? I don't know. I guess I'm just crazy.