Trubisky ready to rumble.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That would be all fine and well if he didn't have the processing power of an Intel 4004 (the first microprocessor, 1971). That's something that can't be fixed no matter how hard he works. It's too bad, he's got a lot of other inherent traits like work ethic, clutch factor, accuracy throwing from different platforms, and running ability. I don't think his natural accuracy is bad, as much as his footwork and confidence are bad. Without the ability to process and trust what he sees on the field, he's doomed to the backup role. Without his overall talent, he would have been run off the football field by his second season.

People who are saying this makes Trubisky dumb are ignorant btw. There are people who are intelligent, but slow thinkers. Slow doesn't necessarily mean dumb. The problem is in the NFL you get 3 seconds to process the field once the ball is snapped, and if you can't quickly go through your reads while quickly interpreting what the defense is doing, you're going to pay at this level.

I really don't know why GMs don't factor in charisma when selecting a QB. Charisma relies on the ability to think fast. Trubisky has the charisma of a damp rag. Mahomes and Watson were far and away more charismatic than Trubisky, and look how it turned out.

Good points. In addition to charisma, ya gotta have leadership at the Qb position. We haven't had that. Leadership means working hard to improve and be the best AND DEMANDING THE SAME FROM TEAMMATES.
Taking responsibility for winning. Taking ownership for winning. And not accepting or tolerate losing. Thats what Mahomes and Watson bring to the table.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
179 TDs-164 INTs Aggressive with a great deep ball but smart? Not special.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't mean to play Forum Cop here, but this is literally the 5th thread on Trubisky and whether he starts, takes over the team, etc.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Good points. In addition to charisma, ya gotta have leadership at the Qb position. We haven't had that. Leadership means working hard to improve and be the best AND DEMANDING THE SAME FROM TEAMMATES.
Taking responsibility for winning. Taking ownership for winning. And not accepting or tolerate losing. Thats what Mahomes and Watson bring to the table.
They have offensive weapons around them and better play calling. That is the table they sit at.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't mean to play Forum Cop here, but this is literally the 5th thread on Trubisky and whether he starts, takes over the team, etc.
No this thread is about how Trubisky is taking on the challenge of Foles looking over his shoulder. How he is preparing to fight for his job. How he understands he needs to play better and take over the offense.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
They have offensive weapons around them and better play calling. That is the table they sit at.

Its funny only few people mention this or acknowledge it.

The weapons they have and support through draft values is vastly richer than what our QB has seen. 1 WR and a few prove it guys who havent done thst yet.

Hopefully graham and Kmet bring a totally new offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I certainly prefer this sort of tangible evidence to anything imagined.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No this thread is about how Trubisky is taking on the challenge of Foles looking over his shoulder. How he is preparing to fight for his job. How he understands he needs to play better and take over the offense.

Foles looking over his shoulder? At what? Trubisky? Please explain...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

perhaps....and maybe the demands for accountability and winning are higher than the talent.

Note: when cutler went down..... McCown took the same players and won.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
perhaps....and maybe the demands for accountability and winning are higher than the talent.

Note: when cutler went down..... McCown took the same players and won.

McCown was on a roll and had good chemistry with the offense. Too bad Cutler's injury wasn't season ending that year, lol

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I certainly prefer this sort of tangible evidence to anything imagined.

Mahommes support
Clyde Edwards, Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce. Thats 4 first tound weapons acquired in the last 6 years for Mahommes.

Watson support
Fuller, Hopkins were there and both 1st rounders,, traded for Tunsil, drafted tackle Titus Howard.

Trubisky support.
No 1st round tackles. Gabe Carimi was the last tackle taken in the first round or second round for the bears. They never reached out for a LT. Kevin White was pretty much done when they drafted Trubisky. No 1st round weapons or protection have been drafted. Instead of saying its Trubisky just say it like it is. We need to get the guy some help.

The Defense has recieved alot of attention. Which is why its the best in the league. The offense outside of Trubisky and Robinson has been asked to overachieve. That simple.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
McCown also had a great game vs the Packers that season...and well we all know what jay's highlights are vs the green and gold, lots of pick 6's.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
McCown was on a roll and had good chemistry with the offense. Too bad Cutler's injury wasn't season ending that year, lol

Oh I see the humor :giggle: ...but your comment is so much deeper and biting than u know. Your comment on another level shows how we were not committed to winning. Instead....we were more concerned about reinserting cutler ?:mad:

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mahommes support
Clyde Edwards, Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce. Thats 4 first tound weapons acquired in the last 6 years for Mahommes.

Watson support
Fuller, Hopkins were there and both 1st rounders,, traded for Tunsil, drafted tackle Titus Howard.

Trubisky support.
No 1st round tackles. Gabe Carimi was the last tackle taken in the first round or second round for the bears. They never reached out for a LT. Kevin White was pretty much done when they drafted Trubisky. No 1st round weapons or protection have been drafted. Instead of saying its Trubisky just say it like it is. We need to get the guy some help.

The Defense has recieved alot of attention. Which is why its the best in the league. The offense outside of Trubisky and Robinson has been asked to overachieve. That simple.

Watson support......don't forget his substandard OL and the sacks

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Watson support......don't forget his substandard OL and the sacks

Its not substandard? They traded for Tunsil and drafted 5 tackles with a 3rd rounder or better in the last 4 years.

He just tries to make time for himself. In the NFL he realized its much harder to do. Those sacks were on him and his learning as much as they were on the line. He's got a vastly greater investment in his offensive line and weapons.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Its not substandard? They traded for Tunsil and drafted 5 tackles with a 3rd rounder or better in the last 4 years.

He just tries to make time for himself. In the NFL he realized its much harder to do. Those sacks were on him and his learning as much as they were on the line. He's got a vastly greater investment in his offensive line and weapons.

during Watsons time with the Texans , the HC has called out the OL. I'd like to see pancake vs. sacks for their OL