Trubisky vs Lamar Jackson

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd the other day and he said Trubisky and Lamar Jackson are very similar. Which one do you all think will have the better career? My money is on Lamar Jackson. Baltimore was trending towards irrelevance until Lamar took over and lead them to the playoffs. He went blow for blow with the great Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. His first season was far better than Trubisky’s and he already has as many rushing TDS as Mitch in much fewer games. Lamar doesn’t have an offensive genius as HC to make him look better either. Lamar also isn’t partaking in the backwards hat and scooter nonsense that Trubisky is. There’s so much room for Lamar to grow even better while Trubisky has probably hit his ceiling.

What say you?
I say you right.

What could John, 1 of the NFL's best coaches, done with Trubisky, who's had lousy coaching though. Can't say but neither would be regarded as a purely good passer and Lamar, by far, the superior athlete.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not much to say about Lamar other than he's making me look like a genius in my fantasy football leagues. Built my entire strategy around getting him late in auction this year (snagged him for $1 in a few leagues) and it's working out far better than I could of ever imagined.

In regards to real life football, it's funny how much of a difference coaching makes. Lamar looked like a total bust closing out last season in that playoff game vs LA. His coach then decides to scrap everything on offense and completely start over and build the entire offense around maximizing what Lamar does well and the results speak for themselves. Kid goes from bust to MVP.

Meanwhile in Chicago our coach stubbornly refuses to deviate from his precious scheme no matter how badly it performs week after week. This is why Harbaugh is a good coach and Nagy should go back to selling houses.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You were saying?

Ill eat the crow as long as you admit that Nagy is the problem and Harbaugh is an elite coach.

Tim Tebow won games and put up more points and had 1/10th the talent of mitch throwing. This is 100% a coaching issue.

Also I really love watching a guy with accuracy issues like Jackson force defensive backs to stand still because of the threat with his legs and just throw to wide open WRs who are at top speed. Its almost as if running the ball sets up the passing game.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ill eat the crow as long as you admit that Nagy is the problem and Harbaugh is an elite coach.

Tim Tebow won games and put up more points and had 1/10th the talent of mitch throwing. This is 100% a coaching issue.

Also I really love watching a guy with accuracy issues like Jackson force defensive backs to stand still because of the threat with his legs and just throw to wide open WRs who are at top speed. Its almost as if running the ball sets up the passing game.
So, Trubisky < LJax

No need to over complicate it and attempt to explain all of Trubiskys shortcomings away.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

El oh el

i couldn’t imagine being so in love with a bad player that I’m this out of touch with reality

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not much to say about Lamar other than he's making me look like a genius in my fantasy football leagues. Built my entire strategy around getting him late in auction this year (snagged him for $1 in a few leagues) and it's working out far better than I could of ever imagined.

In regards to real life football, it's funny how much of a difference coaching makes. Lamar looked like a total bust closing out last season in that playoff game vs LA. His coach then decides to scrap everything on offense and completely start over and build the entire offense around maximizing what Lamar does well and the results speak for themselves. Kid goes from bust to MVP.

Meanwhile in Chicago our coach stubbornly refuses to deviate from his precious scheme no matter how badly it performs week after week. This is why Harbaugh is a good coach and Nagy should go back to selling houses.
That is exactly what I can't stand about coaches who are brought into teams and then the talk of the type of players needed for their system begins. As Belichick has said in interviews, your job as coach is to bring out the best in the players you have emphasizing their strengths while hiding their weaknesses.

Watching last season, the Ravens looked like they'd be on the downtrend come the next season. Lamar looked like the worst passer in the league and they didn't seem to know it cause they planned on starting him the next season. Then this happened, and clearly not by accident or luck. They came prepared and it showed.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Jackson also spent an entire offseason eating,sleeping and drinking up ways to be a better QB down in Florida. He also trained as much as he could with his receivers.
Here is a guy who heard the criticisms and went to work. His success is a testament to his hard work ethics.
Sure, Harbaugh has relied on Jacksons athleticism but make no mistake, this guy is a QB. He also leads the league in TD passes.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Lamar Jackson is absolute garbage and his playing style is a disgrace to football. I would rather go 0-16 every year without him than go 19-0 every year with him.

Nazi Cuck
Nazi Cuck
Nazi Cuck
FUCK OFF

Oh, and Kill Yourself or get AIDS and die ASAP, Please. The only human garbage is you and those like you (BearsBud, JimJohnson, ExhibitA, BringBackDitka54, etc).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lamar Jackson is absolute garbage and his playing style is a disgrace to football. I would rather go 0-16 every year without him than go 19-0 every year with him.

Dude whats wrong with you? Did a woman u liked end up with black guy? whats wrong ?

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
If the soul of Trubisky and Lamar come together, I assure you that Lamar’s soul would kneel in front of Trubisky’s and beg for forgiveness

Bort

Liked Posts:
I don't think there is a double-standard, because I don't think anyone with a brain thinks much of Josh Allen. Any praise thrown Allen's way is usually in terms of "I saw him play at Wyoming, and I thought he'd be the worst 1st round QB in NFL history...he's shown enough to merely be called 'terrible'". The only guy who thought he'd be any good was Mel Kiper, which perhaps garnered sympathy for Allen.
I still think about this thread sometimes. Maybe the single greatest compilation of bad quarterback takes in CCS history.