Trubisky vs Lamar Jackson

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Good point—Mitch has never thrown for 5 TDs in a game against a terrible defense before.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Thought this deserved a bump and also thought these posts should be highlighted:

Why would you insult your own intelligence with this.

Trubisky is all around a more talented guy. Better at everything QB related.
Jesus Christ. Let me put it this way. The last time I saw a quarterback as bad as LJ at passing...his name was Tim Tebow.
Trubisky’s Rate+: 107
Jackson’s Rate+: 93
Trubisky’s passer rating: 95.4
Jackson’s passer rating: 84.5
Trubisky’s TD- Int Ratio: 2-1 (24-12)
Jackson’s TD - Int Ratio: 2-1 (6-3)

Lamar had himself a pretty good rookie season and I think he’ll continue to get better to act like he’s as good as Mitch is laughably stupid.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson turns into a solid WR or DB at some point if he doesn’t dramatically improve his passing skills.
LJ cannot pass the ball so no.
Yeah I’d rather take Mitch than Jackson right now.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Lamar made me look like a fool. He’s a seriously good QB.

Lamar proved basically everyone wrong. I think I’m most impressed with his decision making. If you try and stop him from passing he will take over running. If you try and crowd the line and stop the run he will throw over the top. Wow he’s electric!

To me he’s even more dangerous that Mahomes because of his running . That eats up clock and keeps his defense fresh while it wears out the opponent

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I get to see every Ravens Game, and I can say with no authority what so ever, that Lamar is a RB that can occasionally throw the ball. Defenses have already started taking away his running lanes and forcing him to throw the ball. He is NOT a very good passer, nor do I think he will ever be. He will get injured eventually because he runs like a RB, unlike Mitch, who takes advantage of the opportunities to run and protects himself. Comparing Mitch and Lamar as throwing QBs is not even close to the same level. Mitch is miles ahead of Larmar.

BTW, I know this is CMR 114 is just trolling again, but I do not want folks on this board under the impression that Lamar is even an Average Passing QB, because he is NOT.
I had to reply to myself here just point out how wrong I was. Greg Roman (Raven's OC) has developed an Offense to take advantage of Lamar's strengths. AND Lamar has absolutely proven me wrong with his passing ability. and it is not just his accuracy (which has been very good), but his intelligence and his ability to get to a second or third read.

Last night Lamar rolled out and the CBs were frozen, because they know that he can make them look foolish in the run game if they come up and attack, but the second they attack, he has been able to find the open receiver.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I had to reply to myself here just point out how wrong I was. Greg Roman (Raven's OC) has developed an Offense to take advantage of Lamar's strengths. AND Lamar has absolutely proven me wrong with his passing ability. and it is not just his accuracy (which has been very good), but his intelligence and his ability to get to a second or third read.

Last night Lamar rolled out and the CBs were frozen, because they know that he can make them look foolish in the run game if they come up and attack, but the second they attack, he has been able to find the open receiver.

Jackson is by far my favorite player in the NFL right now...his confidence is through the roof and he completely believes he can score every time he steps on to the field. Combine that with the defense giving him shorter fields, right now it is hard not to believe they are the team to beat.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd the other day and he said Trubisky and Lamar Jackson are very similar. Which one do you all think will have the better career? My money is on Lamar Jackson. Baltimore was trending towards irrelevance until Lamar took over and lead them to the playoffs. He went blow for blow with the great Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. His first season was far better than Trubisky’s and he already has as many rushing TDS as Mitch in much fewer games. Lamar doesn’t have an offensive genius as HC to make him look better either. Lamar also isn’t partaking in the backwards hat and scooter nonsense that Trubisky is. There’s so much room for Lamar to grow even better while Trubisky has probably hit his ceiling.

What say you?

Wow Colin Cowherd was dead wrong about this. Trubisky and Lamar couldn’t be any further apart.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's set one thing straight here, so that you guys don't continue to embarrass yourselves with ridiculous statements in the future - literally every QB that's come before or after Trubisky is better than Trubisky.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson is absolute garbage and his playing style is a disgrace to football. I would rather go 0-16 every year without him than go 19-0 every year with him.
Thank Odin
Troll confirmed

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too early to say with Jackson. Like Trubisky, I don't see anything about him that makes me say "here's a future superstar". Not at this point anyway.

Too early for a decision on this one.

It's no longer too early for a decision. Trubisky is a straight up bum and Jackson is a legit MVP candidate.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lamar Jackson is absolute garbage and his playing style is a disgrace to football. I would rather go 0-16 every year without him than go 19-0 every year with him.

Imagine preferring multiple winless seasons over multiple Super Bowl wins because one doesn't like a dynamic MVP caliber QB.