Trubs keeps it interesting

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I honestly think Mitch can be good but needs to sit for a while, Baltimore wants to move on from Flacco even though he's successful again this year, Flacco would make us SB contenders IMO...look how Alex Smith has changed the Redskins

I don't think we have the space for anything like that this year. We may be able to upgrade the oline, they're all pretty cheap dates but a name brand QB?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This team would be Super Bowl bound with Rex grossman. At least he could hit a wide open receiver

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch was ass today.

I am taking a hiatus from defending him this week. I got nothing. No ammunition.

He continues to miss wide open WRs and miss reads.

I hope I can get back to defending him after TB. But defending that game is not worth the hit to my credibility.

Can you at least update the statistics in your signature?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If Mitch keeps playing this poorly, the team is going to get to a point where they revolt.

All we need to see is some growth. But we aren't. Mid season switch to Chase will happen if the defense is the only best hing keeping us afloat.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Mitch keeps playing this poorly, the team is going to get to a point where they revolt.

All we need to see is some growth. But we aren't. Mid season switch to Chase will happen if the defense is the only best hing keeping us afloat.

I wouldn't count on it (Chase being started)

Bears are going to let this story play out.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's painfully obvious Mitch isn't ready, might not ever be. But this team is ready to win now and Mitch is holding them back.

What's the harm sitting him and giving Chase a chance? Sitting Mahomes did him wonders. Mitch is dissolving before our eyes and if they wait too long he will enter the Brady Quinn stratosphere. I give Mitch a lot of shit on here but the truth is he is regressing every week and if they don't do an intervention soon he may never recover.

The harm is that you shatter what little confidence he has. Mitch has looked bad, but he hasn't been so disastrously bad to where benching him is imperative. The Bears are still winning. 2-1, on top of the division. Why bench the QB now? He's yet to have a really awful showing where he throws 3 picks, or anything like that. Many QBs around the league have already had worse showings than Mitch has this year. Look at Bradford yesterday.

Bottom line: as long as the team keeps winning, I don't see why it's necessary to bench Mitch. Let him play through it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count on it (Chase being started)

Bears are going to let this story play out.

That would be my guess. I'm all for starter of the day/quarter/half type bringing a QB along like Ditka did way back, but that doesn't seem to happen in today's football. You throw your rookie in and ride him until the wheels fall off. It will take a major and constant melt down for Mitch not to get his 4 years.

And as for Chase, there's a reason he hasn't been a starter. I don't think he was brought in with taking over in mind. The way the team looked in preseason won't change that.