Trubs keeps it interesting

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I also think that Nagy is calling a far different game when coming back from a deficit than when he gets an early lead. He needs to *really* tweak his "hold a lead" offense, and in general the O needs to clean up the sloppy play we've seen. Not just from Mitch, but from the O-line, from the receiving corps, etc.

The Bears did a great job moving the ball on several of their possessions, and kept the Arizona D on the field a lot, wearing them down. Maintaining a time of possession edge, even if you're not scoring on a majority of your possessions, is also a strong and valid tactic. And we saw it today; the Cards' D was getting pretty damned tired by the time we got into the 4th quarter.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Ya it's not just mitch. Mitch is not playing well but no one on the offense is except Cohen who only gets a few touches. All of a sudden the Oline can't run block either. Everybody needs to get better. New system and blocking scheme so I'm not hitting the panic button after only 3 games. That would be silly. I'll leave the silly up to our board experts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the completion rate based on distance. Overall he had an impressive 71%-72%.

I would imagine it isn't very good past 12 yards at this point

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He played better in the 2nd half, but Jesus, that first half was rough for Mitch.

Should have pounded it more with Jordan Howard. Take the pressure off the kid a little bit. Setup play action. I feel like I sound like a broken record.

Defense seemed to be blitzing like crazy. Not sure Nagy called enough runs early to get that pressure off Mitch, the Arizona D just got tired after awhile.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Defense seemed to be blitzing like crazy. Not sure Nagy called enough runs early to get that pressure off Mitch, the Arizona D just got tired after awhile.

I think they were on the field over 70 plays.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Funny. Jimmy G is an injury prone QB & Watson can't win games.
But Mitch has to show us more than this.

Well duh, didn't you get the memo from the haters? It's ONLY ABOUT STATS!!!!!!!! You can go 0-16, but if you throw 50 TDs, you go to Canton.

Unless you have a brain, than you know a win is a win is a win, and the Bears have enough to be in first place. A team many said would be dogshit again, while the Packers look as overrated as ever and the Superbowl hot pick Vikings got the shit kicked out of them by a bad team.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
you aren't reading those right......those are not yards, those are the actual numbered attempts

Well that's a stupid stat. Who cares about that? So only let him attempt 10 60yd passes a game and he'll make 80%? I don't think so. That's worse than including YAC in the long.

I don't know where to look to get good stats then.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch was ass today.

I am taking a hiatus from defending him this week. I got nothing. No ammunition.

He continues to miss wide open WRs and miss reads.

I hope I can get back to defending him after TB. But defending that game is not worth the hit to my credibility.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Mitch was ass today.

I am taking a hiatus from defending him this week. I got nothing. No ammunition.

He continues to miss wide open WRs and miss reads.

I hope I can get back to defending him after TB. But defending that game is not worth the hit to my credibility.

I'll be amazed if you'll want to defend him after Tampa.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's painfully obvious Mitch isn't ready, might not ever be. But this team is ready to win now and Mitch is holding them back.

What's the harm sitting him and giving Chase a chance? Sitting Mahomes did him wonders. Mitch is dissolving before our eyes and if they wait too long he will enter the Brady Quinn stratosphere. I give Mitch a lot of shit on here but the truth is he is regressing every week and if they don't do an intervention soon he may never recover.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Well duh, didn't you get the memo from the haters? It's ONLY ABOUT STATS!!!!!!!! You can go 0-16, but if you throw 50 TDs, you go to Canton.

Unless you have a brain, than you know a win is a win is a win, and the Bears have enough to be in first place. A team many said would be dogshit again, while the Packers look as overrated as ever and the Superbowl hot pick Vikings got the shit kicked out of them by a bad team.

Another Special person straw man argument from another dumb ass licking poster. Great job. Also, no one give a flying fuck who was in first place at the end of September.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
My man Mitch. I just wanna say thanks for making these games interesting. Without you we would be up big and the 4th qtrs boring. I'm giving Mitch until after game 12 before I judge. He has the talent, I still believe the game will slow down for him. I know most of you have giving up and I don't blame you. Not me, come see me at the end of the year. He does suck right now.

He's keeping it interesting in the Chinese philosophical threat sense (May you live in interesting times).

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I honestly think Mitch can be good but needs to sit for a while, Baltimore wants to move on from Flacco even though he's successful again this year, Flacco would make us SB contenders IMO...look how Alex Smith has changed the Redskins