Uh oh haters

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Except they are not "made up" imaginary numbers. Those are the numbers. He actually played that many games with that many scores and that many turnovers.

If your problem is with how projections work...then you are indeed arguing with math. Best of luck with that, Doc.

Do you have any clue what a 'projection' is?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Arguing math? The numbers are made up. He played 6 games. Just because a player did one thing in 6 games doesn't mean anything.

It isn't to say that had he played all 16 games, the numbers would have continued in exactly the same trend. The point is to show how well he was playing when he was playing. Why is this so simple for everyone else yet such a struggle for you?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Trubs can be more accurate....we'll be fine.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you have any clue what a 'projection' is?

Do you?!?!?

I do:

Screen-Shot-2016-08-30-at-10.17.12-AM.png

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It isn't to say that had he played all 16 games, the numbers would have continued in exactly the same trend. The point is to show how well he was playing when he was playing. Why is this so simple for everyone else yet such a struggle for you?

Why are you so obnoxiously sensitive with any criticism of your argument? Are you all that wound up that you have to make pathetic personal shots when I pretty kindly point out a flaw in your argument?

Go ahead with the Rodgers comparisons though if they make you feel better.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yet I'm right and you are wrong again.

Things you've said in the last few days about Watson:

- He'll definitely be worse than Trubisky next year
- He'll be out of the league in 5 years
- He'll be a backup in 5 years
- Most of his play last year was terrible
- Now that the league has figured him out he'll suck this year

If you took that shit to a group of football analysts they'd think you were drunk. Maybe you are. Whatever it is, you've clearly developed a serious jealousy-based hatred for one of the most promising and exciting young football players who's come into the league in recent years, and you're applying your standard insane logic to everything you say about him. Honestly, everything you post is mind-numbingly Special person.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are you so obnoxiously sensitive with any criticism of your argument?

I have a real problem with suffering fools. I find it difficult to maintain politeness with astoundingly stupid people, or any people making astounding stupid arguments. It's a flaw on my part.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I have a real problem with suffering fools. I find it difficult to maintain politeness with astoundingly stupid people, or any people making astounding stupid arguments. It's a flaw on my part.

Again, you’re capable of nothing more than personal attacks. No need to get angry.

I was the first to point out you’ve turned into nothing more than a troll. Seems like most others are starting to see it as well.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Being they will both be day one starters this season time will tell which choice was better. I be happy if both had great careers with their teams.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Again, you’re capable of nothing more than personal attacks. No need to get angry.

I was the first to point out you’ve turned into nothing more than a troll. Seems like most others are starting to see it as well.

yawn

you are boring

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers 2011 stats - MVP year - 45 TD's, 6 INTs, with a 1.2% INT percentage, 36 sacks (15 games played)

Deshaun Watson - 19 TD's, 8 INTs, 3.9% INT rate, 19 sacks (7 games played)

Deshaun Watson threw for more interceptions than Aaron rodgers did while playing in just less than half the number of games. Projecting his stats to 14 games (for simplicity since i'm very dumb as you pointed out) would be 38 TD's and 16 INTs.

Watson played great as a rookie and his future is bright. Your comparison of his 7 games played to Aaron Rodgers' MVP season is terrible. Awful. Not even close.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers 2011 stats - MVP year - 45 TD's, 6 INTs, with a 1.2% INT percentage, 36 sacks (15 games played)

Deshaun Watson - 19 TD's, 8 INTs, 3.9% INT rate, 19 sacks (7 games played)

Deshaun Watson threw for more interceptions than Aaron rodgers did while playing in just less than half the number of games. Projecting his stats to 14 games (for simplicity since i'm very dumb as you pointed out) would be 38 TD's and 16 INTs.

Watson played great as a rookie and his future is bright. Your comparison of his 7 games played to Aaron Rodgers' MVP season is terrible. Awful. Not even close.

He had 6 starts, not 7. I'm not counting a game he came in at the end. I'm counting starts. Here are the stats I posted. Let me know if any of them are incorrect.

The tds Watson accounted for (19 passing + 2 rushing) and his turnovers (8) pro-rated from 6 starts to 16 comes out to +35.

+35 isn't quite as good as +39, but it's close.

Once again, the point isn't that he would have had the same season as Rodgers, the point is to show how prolific he was in the half dozen starts he had, extrapolated solely to emphasize that point, not to say he's Aaron Rodgers.

This was also his rookie season, compared to Rodgers' 7th (4th as a full time starter).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Arguing math? The numbers are made up. He played 6 games. Just because a player did one thing in 6 games doesn't mean anything. If I had done the same thing from week 1 and 2 he would've had 1 TD and 1 INT. If I project that for the rest of the season that would be 8 TD and 8 INT. Thats math. The math isn't wrong, but the projection is wrong.

You see what I'm saying?

Welcome to CCS where the projections are made up, and they only matter if they fit my narrative.
hqdefault.jpg

Projections aren't made up. They are a mathematical derived logical progression of existing real numbers. Made up would be if the numbers were not linked in anyway to his real stats.

That doesn't mean Watson would have produced those numbers. It just goes to illustrate how well he was playing because even if he fell down to earth a bit and his numbers regressed, he still would have had a great year.

I suspect you know all of this and are just exaggerating the point but made up is a bit too far.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, everyone else seems to understand it easily enough.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day all that matters is scoring points and not turning the ball over. If you want to pad Watson’s stats with his rushing TD’s then go for it. If Watson runs it in from the 5 on a read option play those points could’ve easily come from handing the ball off. Watson fumbled the ball 3 times last year in 7 games, but he only lost one fumble. That should be taken into consideration at well.

Your lack of concern for interceptions and turnovers is asinine. You seem to ignore turnovers because they don’t always turn into points for the other team. That is true, but they often times do turn into points. Even in the event that they don’t turn into points you ignore the fact that your team’s drive ends right there. An interception is a lost drive that could’ve turned into points for your team....

Every year you hear players and coaches talking about either forcing turnovers on defense, and limiting turnovers on offense.

You seem to be the only one that wants to ignore how important turnovers are so that you can spin some stupid number in favor of comparing Watson to Rodgers, which is really really dumb.

Watson had a 3.9% interception rate. Maybe he cleans that up. Either way the comparison to Rodgers MVP year sucks.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you want to pad Watson’s stats with his rushing TD’s then go for it. If Watson runs it in from the 5 on a read option play those points could’ve easily come from handing the ball off.

Or he could have thrown it. Either way he got the ball into the end zone.

Your lack of concern for interceptions and turnovers is asinine.

What lack? I included them clearly in the factual numbers I posted. Yes ints are bad, but if you're lighting up the scoreboard to the extent he was, it's much more livable with.

His TDs put on the board to turnover ratio was outstanding for any QB. For a rookie they were unheard of. That's why the media sucked his dick so much. His performance was special. He's a special player. Sorry if that bothers you.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem to be the only one that wants to ignore how important turnovers are so that you can spin some stupid number in favor of comparing Watson to Rodgers, which is really really dumb.

And you seem to want to zero in on the turnovers as a way to dismiss the ludicrous amount of points he was putting up on a mediocre football team.

Of course he was going to throw some picks as a rookie. Hell, even Trubisky found a way to throw seven of them in an offense designed solely not to throw picks.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You sensitive kids are missing my argument. Where did I say Watson had a bad season? Where? Nowhere.

He had an incredible season. If he went in to perform at he projected level it would have easily been the best season of a rookie of all time.

However, it’s an exaggeration to compare his 6 games to Aaron Rodgers MVP year. It’s also an exaggeration to compare his projected stats to Aaron Rodgers MVP year.