Uh oh haters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We new that camp was going to be up and down for Trubisky.

-New coach
-New system
-New weapons at most spots

When you add that to the fact that Mitch still only has 13 starts in college and 12 in the NFL. He was also playing in a Fisher Price offense last season.

As he gets more comfortable and gets on the same page with the WRs it will continue to get better.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread is funny. Mick and Pride in Playoff form. The knee injury responses flying in fast and furious. And all funny.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
but my first page of Googling for "Watson impresses in 2018 camp" came up with all negative reviews. what are we to think?

Watson is going to suck this year. The tape is out on him. O brien is not doing anything different this year with his scheme, his o line is weaker. He can't run anymore. Balsa legs will make K White look like Iron Man.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There were only 6 of them so I should hope that you saw them.
Yeah I keep forgetting it was only six. 19 tds makes it feel like more. Maybe if he'd have managed 7 in a dozen games the time wouldn't feel so skewed.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh im always rooting for Mitch but so far he sucks. Whats the issue with me rooting for Watson too?

Man must have been difficult for you with Peyton having worse numbers his rookie season than Trubs. You probably were sure he was going to suck too huh?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There were only 6 of them so I should hope that you saw them.

maybe he noticed a 3.9% interception rate, I believe that would make Cutler blush. now on the Bears forum, you cant be boring in interviews but you need to be humble to even be considered to be great....this fucking board.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
maybe he noticed a 3.9% interception rate, I believe that would make Cutler blush. now on the Bears forum, you cant be boring in interviews but you need to be humble to even be considered to be great....this fucking board.
Ints tend to be more tolerable when you're having your way with the scoreboard.

The tds Watson accounted for (19 passing + 2 rushing) and his turnovers (8) pro-rated from 6 starts to 16 comes out to +35.

+35 is the kind of shit Aaron Rodgers got an MVP for in his best season. That's how well Watson was performing. As a ROOKIE.

If DSM puts up 35 more tds than turnovers I promise I'll be on the fanboy bandwagon. Heck I'll take half that.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly we are going to see improvement every week of the regular season as well.

My guess is that it isn't till the end of year 2 before we stop seeing big jumps from Mitch.

I'd hope not...QBs tend to peak when they're around 29 years old.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I remember when mick got the same amount of shit for being a Cutler hater. He was proven right.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I remember when mick got the same amount of shit for being a Cutler hater. He was proven right.

Do you think he is right like he was with Cutler or wrong like he was with Kaepernick?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I think Cutler was more naturally talented, my issue with him was that his flaws were fatal and were never going to improve. I'm not ready to write off Mitch. It's too early. What I really do lean against though is the laughable position many Bears fans have taken in viewing him as a franchise QB at this point and predicting him to be better than guys like HTJ and DW when he's clearly nowhere near as good at this point, and I see no evidence that him leapfrogging them is imminent. Someone even said he'd be better than Carson Wentz this year.

I think hopeful optimism is natural with a young QB who was taken with a high draft pick, but when people are comparing him favorably to guys who played at an MVP level last year, as both Wentz and Watson did prior to their injuries, I'm going to lol, sorry.

If pointing out reality makes me a hater, troll, or a person who's rooting for other teams more than the Bears (which is absurd), so be it. It only shows how childlike the homerism around here is.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If pointing out reality makes me a hater, troll, or a person who's rooting for other teams more than the Bears (which is absurd), so be it. It only shows how childlike the homerism around here is.

What reality? If reality was involved then you would have seen most the stuff Watson did last year as scary bad. Sure he got some TDs playing backyard ball but this is the NFL and Watson can't run a pro offense, cant read a defense, can't make a timing pass and will never play a whole season. The NFL has film on him now and he is done.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What reality? If reality was involved then you would have seen most the stuff Watson did last year as scary bad. Sure he got some TDs playing backyard ball but this is the NFL and Watson can't run a pro offense, cant read a defense, can't make a timing pass and will never play a whole season. The NFL has film on him now and he is done.

Won’t purchase that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are one of the most consistently football-dumb posters on this forum, especially when it comes to QBs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While I think Cutler was more naturally talented, my issue with him was that his flaws were fatal and were never going to improve. I'm not ready to write off Mitch. It's too early. What I really do lean against though is the laughable position many Bears fans have taken in viewing him as a franchise QB at this point and predicting him to be better than guys like HTJ and DW when he's clearly nowhere near as good at this point, and I see no evidence that him leapfrogging them is imminent. Someone even said he'd be better than Carson Wentz this year.

I think hopeful optimism is natural with a young QB who was taken with a high draft pick, but when people are comparing him favorably to guys who played at an MVP level last year, as both Wentz and Watson did prior to their injuries, I'm going to lol, sorry.

If you only stuck to pointing out reality you wouldn't be called a troll. But you crossed than line long ago.