I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have to admit I didn't see them closing in on first in the division a month after the break and definitely not by being a run scoring machine while Smyly and Stroman fell off a cliff.

Say what you want about Ross but he's got them believing they can and should beat anyone. And the fact that he's benched Suzuki to keep Tauchman in the lineup says he's serious about winning now.

There's a lot of the season left and I highly doubt they can stay this hot for long. However even if they end up missing the playoffs or going out early as a casual fan I'm having a lot more fun than I would if they traded Bellinger for a couple of prospects.
Ross gets a lot of unfair criticism IMO

He’s shown he’s a legit MLB manager, his handling of the bullpen has been nothing short of spectacular. That was the glaring weakness at the start of the season and the first month or two of it, yet now it’s become a dominant strength and a lot of credit has to go to Ross for putting those guys in the right spots to succeed

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He’s shown he’s a legit MLB manager, his handling of the bullpen has been nothing short of spectacular. That was the glaring weakness at the start of the season and the first month or two of it, yet now it’s become a dominant strength and a lot of credit has to go to Ross for putting those guys in the right spots to succeed
And it's not the first time he's done it.....

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Manager of the year for any guy that can turn that Trainwreck around.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I know they need the innings, but I hope Ross and Hoyer can find a way to get Hendricks and Smyle a week or two off. They are beating a dead horse with these two guys. Get them a regroup rest now for the stretch run.

Time for a day off for Happ as well. He looks like a quadriplegic in the OF and base paths lately.