UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Shefter just said it's still not a done deal.
I trust B&Bs sources for the Bears over Schefty's.

I remember similar contradicting reports when B & B were talking about the Olson potential for trade years ago; they were adamant that the Bears were trying to trade Greg Olson and Schefter said he hadn't heard anything along those lines. We know how that turned out. Boers and Bernstein are more plugged into the team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I didn't realize the Seahawks were winning because of coaching, and not their overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.

Their coach did build the team though.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:

I remember similar contradicting reports when B & B were talking about the Olson potential for trade years ago; they were adamant that the Bears were trying to trade Greg Olson and Schefter said he hadn't heard anything along those lines. We know how that turned out. Boers and Bernstein are more plugged into the team.

Not saying they are wrong, but this time last week they were pretty sure Chris Ballard was the guy.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

They were talking about Olsen being traded in the 2010 offseason though as well when he never had been traded. It wasn't like it was a new topic they were talking about out of the secret blue in 2011 nearly before it occurred.

I'd still agree they know people inside the club but Shefty knows more people around the league who also could be close to Fox or in-tuned to his agent.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Not saying they are wrong, but this time last week they were pretty sure Chris Ballard was the guy.
You have to separate their opinions from when they say their source told them something.

Unless they specifically say there is source told them Xyz, then don't take anything they say as insider knowledge.

When you pay attention and listen you can separate what is their opinion and what is from the guy, because they always say this is what I am hearing from my source or my guy.

rob923

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize the Seahawks were winning because of coaching, and not their overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.

Carroll and Schneider gutted the roster when they got here and essentially formed a whole new team. Something that maybe the Bears should consider doing.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coaching and defense primarily. I'd take Carroll over Harbaugh every day.

I agree, the atmosphere he has around that team, makes those guys enjoy what they do

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

A much as a d-bag Carroll is, he not only helped build that team with GM Schneider, but Carroll brought in great coaches. Look at the coordinators that are being sought after from the Seahawks the last couple of years. Yeah, SB wining teams usually get scavenged like that, but Carroll played a major role in putting that TEAM together. He may not be a good coordinator, but he's a great HC for SEA.

Sometimes peeps get to caught up in expertise of a coaching candidate, i.e. Is he a good offensive or defensive coordinator. A head coach has to be better at high level stuff like game planning and personnel management.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just more bullshit from Bleacher Report. Now they're reporting Fox to the Bears is "likely".

Asshats.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
A much as a d-bag Carroll is, he not only helped build that team with FM Schneider, but Carroll brought in great coaches. Look at the coordinators that are being sought after from the Seahawks the last cour of years. Yeah, SB wining teams usually get scavenged like that, but Carroll played a major role in putting that TEAM together. He may not be a good coordinator, but he's a great HC for SEA.

Sometimes peeps get to caught up in expertise of a coaching candidate, I.e. Is he a good offensive or defensive coordinator. A head coach has to be better a high level stuff like fame planning and personnel management.

that's true. but man do i fucking hate pete carroll.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
This thing smells like Dave McGinnis all over again. Sounds like we'll end up hiring Austin and the Press Conference will happen on Wednesday.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
A much as a d-bag Carroll is, he not only helped build that team with GM Schneider, but Carroll brought in great coaches. Look at the coordinators that are being sought after from the Seahawks the last couple of years. Yeah, SB wining teams usually get scavenged like that, but Carroll played a major role in putting that TEAM together. He may not be a good coordinator, but he's a great HC for SEA.

Sometimes peeps get to caught up in expertise of a coaching candidate, i.e. Is he a good offensive or defensive coordinator. A head coach has to be better at high level stuff like game planning and personnel management.

Carroll is one of the game's best motivators. The guy's a genius. Plus he's keyed in to the locker room and hear's every thing. Incredible move trading locker room cancer Percy Harvin. With out that move, doubt Seattle's in the position they are.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Coaching and defense primarily. I'd take Carroll over Harbaugh every day.

Carroll is definitely doing something right over there. You can't argue results.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Lol I used to hate him a lot but after these type of moments, I find him funny and entertaining..

3VphK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.