UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I want him hired as much as you do, I just don't really get the dithering. Wasn't much dithering with the Niners, Jets and Raiders. They identified their guy, agreed on terms, and it was done and verified.

Bears like to troll their fans.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I want him hired as much as you do, I just don't really get the dithering. Wasn't much dithering with the Niners, Jets and Raiders. They identified their guy, agreed on terms, and it was done and verified.

The niners took two weeks to name their own guy as HC. That's dithering. They must have been rebuffed by some candidates first. (Not hard to imagine since they just ran off the best coach in the NFC)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they lose Fox because they're trying to underpay him, then screw the Bears; they deserve to fail.

if they're not trying to underpay him then they're surely overpaying him. How much does mediocrity cost in today's market?

Rise

Liked Posts:

I don't know, I watched "raiders close to naming deal rio head coach" go across my screen for like 2 days. Can we give them at least 48 hours from the interview to freak out?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The niners took two weeks to name their own guy as HC. That's dithering. They must have been rebuffed by some candidates first. (Not hard to imagine since they just ran off the best coach in the NFC)
I didn't realize Pete Carroll coached the Niners.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize Pete Carroll coached the Niners.

I didn't realize the Seahawks were winning because of coaching, and not their overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then why not simply release a statement saying he is the coach so we can all stop wondering? Or do they have to wait for that awkward photo they always like to take of the guy signing?

They've made that mistake before and don't want to again

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if they're not trying to underpay him then they're surely overpaying him. How much does mediocrity cost in today's market?
Doesn't matter what they're paying him. Coach salaries aren't cap related. They have more than enough money. Get it done.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize the Seahawks were winning because of coaching, and not their overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.
Coaching and defense primarily. I'd take Carroll over Harbaugh every day.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
Are we having difficulty getting press conferences together?

Cue the empty podium from the Dave McGinnis introduction.

well again from what B&B said ... they might not be able to have the press conference this weekend because the NFL might not allow it. Monday is MLK day so they might not be able to do it then either. so it comes down to having the press conference tomorrow (friday) or Tuesday.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every time I tune into the Score it's a fucking commercial. This is why I usually only listen to the podcasts.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's been a done deal since December 31st. Cliff Stein has not left the building since then. He drew up Chris Ballard's contract, and now he's drawing up John Fox's. Virginia is drinking a Tom Collins with Fox right NOW. BOOK IT!

ChicagoSevvyFL 4 President of CCS

Status
Not open for further replies.