UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
We got some history......let's stroll down Bears memory lane......the year was 1999.....

Per Wikipedia:

".....Before the Bears hired Jauron in January 1999, Dave McGinnis (Arizona's defensive coordinator, and a former Bears assistant under Ditka and Wannstedt) backed out of taking the head coaching position. The Bears scheduled a press conference to announce the hiring before McGinnis agreed to contract terms.[25] Soon after Jauron's hiring, Mrs. McCaskey fired her son Michael as president, replacing him with Ted Phillips..........."

We would like to not repeat the "McGinnis Press Conference."

Gross incompetence.
What does that have to do with Pace though? He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sure sounds a lot like how Emery handled it. Got big guys in free agency, much like Elway. It's funny because most folks here would criticize Emery for NOT getting enough free agents, when other teams who consistently succeed (like Packers, Patriots) rarely rely on free agency. So here's to hoping that Pace and Fox rely more on the draft and only get free agents that are pretty much can't miss or at a budget due to their potential.
When the Packers and Patriots no longer have A.Rodgers and T.Brady they will both need free agency if they want to win. Having a great QB makes everyone on the team better and smarter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hadn't seen that -- that the Bears had told Fox the job was his if he wanted it.

I saw something saying that last night. It said the job was his but they couldn't agree on a contract last night but would get back at it today.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
John Fox to Interview with Bears Wednesday (Left Chicago Wed Night)

The point was the fact Fox took a 8-8 team to the playoffs is no more statistically relevant than Rivera taking this years panthers into the playoffs. Both teams sucked ballz, got lucky in a weak conference and managed to win one playoff game. Your effort to tie each accomplishment for this one instance to purely on which QB they had is laughable.........

The only thing actually laughable is your comparison. The Panthers were a number two seed the previous year in the playoffs where was Denver in 2010?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread has had a bunch of other threads merged into this thread to make it a mega thread.

This thread aint got shit on the original Cutler thread

rob923

Liked Posts:
I saw something saying that last night. It said the job was his but they couldn't agree on a contract last night but would get back at it today.

If that's the case, Bears could play hardball on contract with him because no one else wants him for a head coaching position.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
god its impossible to find any pertinent information in any of these threads. This whole forum is so poorly organized and run

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why are so many guys perpetuating the myth of teams needing multiple horrible seasons to become winners? It sounds like you guys don't even follow the NFL.

Baseball, yes.
NBA, maybe.
NFL, according to history, hell no.

The last 10 #1 picks in the draft:

Jadeveon Clowney
Eric Fisher
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Sam Bradford
Matthew Stafford
Jake Long
JaMarcus Russell
Mario Williams
Alex Smith

Luck and Newton, 2 out of 10. So go 2-14 and you have a 20% chance of getting your QB.

5-11 sucked. No more. This is the NFL, this isn't the Cubs you dipshits.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jets - coach hired, on the front page of sports news.

Raiders - coach hired, on the front page of sports news.

49ers - coach hired, on the front page of sports news.

Bears - Reports of hiring, then everything goes silent, no confirmation, then reports that they haven't been able to agree on contract, nothing on the front page of sports news.

LOL. Typical f'n Bears.

rob923

Liked Posts:
John Fox to Chicago not a done deal yet
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2015, 1:31 PM EST
John Fox
AP
After the Broncos and coach John Fox had the closest thing yet to an actual “mutual parting,” word quickly emerged that Fox would become the top candidate in Chicago.

He has and he is. But contrary to at least one published report, it’s not a done deal yet.

It very well could be, in time. But new G.M. Ryan Pace is taking him time. It’s the most important hire he will make, and too many first-year General Managers have doomed their tenures by making a bad decision when hiring a head coach.

It would be a surprise if Fox doesn’t get the job. But he hasn’t gotten it yet.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
B&B on Score. Fox is coach.

He said he went back to Denver to tie up loose ends and assemble a staff, likely going through who he had at Denver.

They are saying Fox is indeed the coach, & a press conference will likely be next week.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clearly this required another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.