Liked Posts:
inb4 locked, merged or banished.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good point. You can keep holding on to what you have even though you've seen it's clearly not working but, in doing so, you feel no urgency to fill that position and just accept what you have and never get better.

Not so much luck in Seattle's case. The GM, Schneider, was extremely high on Wilson and convinced Carrol that they should draft him. Carrol was quick to get on board after watching film of him before they drafted him. In Pats case, Belichick was also convinced to draft Brady when he was still available late. Brady quickly moved from 4th on the depth chart to backup due to his work ethic.

Interesting lesser known story about Warner is after being cut by the Packers and doing well in arena football, the first team he got a tryout with was the Bears but he was unable to show up for that tryout due to a spider bite that cause injury to his throwing elbow. The Rams would sign him the following year.
Stupid Bears.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Another Leak! OMG! :) I think this is awesome. Our Chicago media guys are getting beat to the punch by bloggers and national guys. Well done, Pace, well done.

DaBearsBlog @dabearsblog Source tells me Kyle Shanahan has told multiple people he expects to be Bears offensive coordinator this year & is eager to work w/Cutler.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
omg please tell me what it is you love about Quinn so much
Quinn has always had a reputation of being flexible with schemes and fitting in players into those schemes. His players love him. Additionally, he is a thought leader on one of the most progressive minded teams in the league. His own HC loves him and has been saying for a long time Quinn is ready for an HC job.

OTOH , Fox has been average. I have never heard anyone ever talk about Fox being progressive or a thought leader. He is a grind it out guy. He is a really conservative thinker and we had that with Lovie for years. OK, that may get us an occasional 10-6 but more liekly 8-8.

This is our chance to shake up the barrell and shoot for potential excellence not more of the same

What Ommy has to say.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Another Leak! OMG! :) I think this is awesome. Our Chicago media guys are getting beat to the punch by bloggers and national guys. Well done, Pace, well done.

DaBearsBlog @dabearsblog Source tells me Kyle Shanahan has told multiple people he expects to be Bears offensive coordinator this year & is eager to work w/Cutler.

Well, according to that one anonymous co-worker of Shanahan, he's a spoiled brat who whines and complains about everything and gets along with nobody. It'll be entertaining as hell to see that paired with Cutler.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Well, according to that one anonymous co-worker of Shanahan, he's a spoiled brat who whines and complains about everything and gets along with nobody. It'll be entertaining as hell to see that paired with Cutler.

I don't see that happening under Fox. He handles his assistants really well. I mean, Shannahan did that with Washington and Cleveland, who are dysfunctional in their own right. Didn't hear reports of Shannahan doing that in Houston under Kubiak though.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
What Ommy has to say.
I'm sure many thought Trestman was a "thought leader" when the Bears hired him as well. We all know how that ended up. Bottom line, any of them are a crapshoot. We won't know how good they are until we see the product on the field.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
65774-Will-Smith-hmmm-gif-mNiZ.gif

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fox - shannahan, i kind of like it. now who for DC? haven't heard anything about Toub lately.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Its not as much about power as it is about having the same vision as the guy above you. If he and Pace are on the same page Philosophically then there is no power struggle. That was the main problem in Denver.

Exactly and I'm sure Pace wouldn't hire him if he didn't feel like they would work good together. Pace made it very clear in his presser that he feels the most important part of everything is the relationship between the GM and HC and the HC and QB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was your point...down the stretch the 2 teams got to the playoffs in the same exact way. Strong running game & stout D. The only comparable difference being the QB.

So which one would you take?

The point was the fact Fox took a 8-8 team to the playoffs is no more statistically relevant than Rivera taking this years panthers into the playoffs. Both teams sucked ballz, got lucky in a weak conference and managed to win one playoff game. Your effort to tie each accomplishment for this one instance to purely on which QB they had is laughable.........

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Why is it automatically that Halas Hall would screw this up? We don't have any information right now. It could be on Fox's end that we are waiting. Or maybe they're not in a rush and they'll announce it later today or tomorrow. Who knows.

I get that the Bears have screwed things up before, but Pace deserves the benefit of the doubt until we see what actually happens. Everyone wants instant information and if they dont' get it they act like the sky is falling or something must be wrong. Or maybe, everything is good and we'll hear something soon.

And if it comes out that Fox isn't the guy for whatever reason we move forward. Fox, to me at least, isn't the far and away #1 option for head coach. If we don't get him I'm not going to see it as a failure. He'd be a really good option, but I'm still high on Austin and I'm warming a bit to Marrone because of his relationship with Pace. I don't think Marrone would pull the shit he did in Buffalo here and he's a very good coach.

We got some history......let's stroll down Bears memory lane......the year was 1999.....

Per Wikipedia:

".....Before the Bears hired Jauron in January 1999, Dave McGinnis (Arizona's defensive coordinator, and a former Bears assistant under Ditka and Wannstedt) backed out of taking the head coaching position. The Bears scheduled a press conference to announce the hiring before McGinnis agreed to contract terms.[25] Soon after Jauron's hiring, Mrs. McCaskey fired her son Michael as president, replacing him with Ted Phillips..........."

We would like to not repeat the "McGinnis Press Conference."

Gross incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.