UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What type of Defense is Fox going to run? Doesn't he run a 2 gap 3-4 with real big DT's? Currently, we don't have really big DT's. Bears may end up drafting a DT at #7...

Thought I would double up my last post, since we are running two threads.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Dan just said he heard press conference could be Friday but otherwise Tuesday. Monday is Martin Luther King Day

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Dammit, I'm listening to the same thing and it didn't enter my mind to start this thread...what's wrong with me? Oh yeah, Ommy said I'm a moron, that could be it.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
B&B just said "they (the Bears) are already at the point where they are trying to get something (talking about a press conferenced) together"

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
B&B just said "they (the Bears) are already at the point where they are trying to get something (talking about a press conferenced) together"
Yep, I heard the same thing. people are just mad because this kills their whole "oh my god the sky is falling!" deal.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What if he wants a GUARANTEED 5-year contract? Sort of a Cutler Lite contract?

Like Rex Ryan and Jason Garrett received? I'd say that's rational. The issue is control.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Doesn't this shit sound familiar. Let's hope none of the McCaskeys schedule another godamned premature press conference.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

WILL THEY REVEAL

AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE (DATE TBD)

THAT THEY'VE HIRED FOX???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep, I heard the same thing. people are just mad because this kills their whole "oh my god the sky is falling!" deal.

I want him hired as much as you do, I just don't really get the dithering. Wasn't much dithering with the Niners, Jets and Raiders. They identified their guy, agreed on terms, and it was done and verified.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Then why not simply release a statement saying he is the coach so we can all stop wondering? Or do they have to wait for that awkward photo they always like to take of the guy signing?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Are we having difficulty getting press conferences together?

Cue the empty podium from the Dave McGinnis introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.