dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well the one thing we can agree on is, We both want them to win, let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later, and I'll be happy to come back and eat crow!!!

How bout instead of eating crow you just take that picture of your girlfriend down? PLEASE?????

rob923

Liked Posts:
Thankfully, neither Shefter, Mortensen nor Rapaport are reporting that Fox has the Bears job. Until one of them do, I don't believe the Bears have made a decision. And the longer they take, the less likely it is that it's going to be Fox. Doesn't look like anyone else wants Fox for a head coaching interview, so there's no rush on the Bears. Maybe they will interview Dan Quinn a second time after this Sunday's game. I hope so.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know. I'm a fan sitting in front of a computer.

All I do know is that the Bears are usually full of bad luck. Since 1970, they have done just about everythign possible to be as mediocre as possible. There are a few years they have dipped to 4 win seasons, but never high enough in a good draft to truly make an impact.

Another example of bad luck is in the 1969 season they finished 1-13... The one team they beat was Pittsburgh, who also finished 1-13. They flipped a coin to decide the #1 pick. The Bears lost and lost their shot at Terry Bradshaw.

Additionally, had the Bears sucked just a bit more in 1997 and won the #1 pick, I'm fairly confident that Special person management team would have drafted Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.

Lets be fair on Terry Bradshaw. He didnt lift those Steeler teams to their super bowl wins

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Thankfully, neither Shefter, Mortensen nor Rapaport are reporting that Fox has the Bears job. Until one of them do, I don't believe the Bears have made a decision. And the longer they take, the less likely it is that it's going to be Fox. Doesn't look like anyone else wants Fox for a head coaching interview, so there's no rush on the Bears. Maybe they will interview Dan Quinn a second time after this Sunday's game. I hope so.

Pretty sure that's because he wanted the Bears job and that's where his focus is. At this point it's probably Bears or bust for him unless Atlanta comes in last minute. Or he takes a year off and sees what opens next year.

Maybe that's why it's taking longer too. Each side knows they have some time if they are each other's #1 option and are still hammering out details. Reminds me a bit of the Harbaugh situation. A lot of momentum swung Michigan's way fast and then there was a bit of a dead period as Harbaugh's season ended. Then doubt started to creep in, but Harbaugh never wavered and Michigan was his choice all along.

Silence is deafening. No news is better than 'Fox is a little unsure of the Bears now after his interview and it's not the lock it was before.' All we know is that he went back to Denver without an agreement, but that the Bears had said the job is his if he wants it. I would imagine the Bears have a deadline for Fox though to give them an answer if they're waiting on him.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
First Thing We Need to Know About Fox

What else - his opinion on Cutler?

I'm kidding, but not really.

rob923

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that's because he wanted the Bears job and that's where his focus is. At this point it's probably Bears or bust for him unless Atlanta comes in last minute. Or he takes a year off and sees what opens next year.

Maybe that's why it's taking longer too. Each side knows they have some time if they are each other's #1 option and are still hammering out details. Reminds me a bit of the Harbaugh situation. A lot of momentum swung Michigan's way fast and then there was a bit of a dead period as Harbaugh's season ended. Then doubt started to creep in, but Harbaugh never wavered and Michigan was his choice all along.

Silence is deafening. No news is better than 'Fox is a little unsure of the Bears now after his interview and it's not the lock it was before.' All we know is that he went back to Denver without an agreement, but that the Bears had said the job is his if he wants it. I would imagine the Bears have a deadline for Fox though to give them an answer if they're waiting on him.

I hadn't seen that -- that the Bears had told Fox the job was his if he wanted it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team needs luck to succeed. They saw something in Wilson... for a 3rd round pick and grabbed him. They got lucky he's worked out so well, yes. Patriots got lucky a 6th round pick, Tom Brady, worked out soo well too.

And the St. Louis Rams are lucky they had a grocery bagger as their backup QB in 1999 when Trent Green was lost to injury in the preseason. So you never know what may happen.

In our case, we know what will happen with keeping Cutler here.
Good point. You can keep holding on to what you have even though you've seen it's clearly not working but, in doing so, you feel no urgency to fill that position and just accept what you have and never get better.

Not so much luck in Seattle's case. The GM, Schneider, was extremely high on Wilson and convinced Carrol that they should draft him. Carrol was quick to get on board after watching film of him before they drafted him. In Pats case, Belichick was also convinced to draft Brady when he was still available late. Brady quickly moved from 4th on the depth chart to backup due to his work ethic.

Interesting lesser known story about Warner is after being cut by the Packers and doing well in arena football, the first team he got a tryout with was the Bears but he was unable to show up for that tryout due to a spider bite that cause injury to his throwing elbow. The Rams would sign him the following year.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
omg please tell me what it is you love about Quinn so much

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lets be fair on Terry Bradshaw. He didnt lift those Steeler teams to their super bowl wins
Yes, I'm aware the Steelers had a great defense. Its also a different NFL era than what we see today. Bradshaw never had gaudy numbers at all during his career.

BirdDog1980

Liked Posts:
Fox as HC, K. Shanahan as OC and Dennis Allen as DC is a pretty strong and formidable coaching staff - if that is who he decides his coordinators will be. I guess the next thing on the offseason agenda is to decide what to do with Cutler.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Who's left that hasn't hired or promoted a head coach? Bears, Broncos, & Falcons. Have I left anybody out? So, as far as Fox is concerned, the Bears & Falcons are his only HC options. And I haven't heard that the Falcons are interviewing Fox, although that could change. So yeah, I'd say the Bears have a bit of leverage & some time to wait. But I still think they'll hire Fox, which would be fine with me.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How bout instead of eating crow you just take that picture of your girlfriend down? PLEASE?????

No go with that, maybe you should keep your dirty mind off my chick!!!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What are the chances Dan Quinn goes to two Super Bowls?

What are the chances Dan Quinn ends up half the coach John Fox is?

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/15/john-fox-to-chicago-not-a-done-deal-yet/

Not a done deal yet. Halas Hall can still find a way to screw this up. Now that we have an impending Fox....I am going to start immediately pining for Dan Quinn.....

Why is it automatically that Halas Hall would screw this up? We don't have any information right now. It could be on Fox's end that we are waiting. Or maybe they're not in a rush and they'll announce it later today or tomorrow. Who knows.

I get that the Bears have screwed things up before, but Pace deserves the benefit of the doubt until we see what actually happens. Everyone wants instant information and if they dont' get it they act like the sky is falling or something must be wrong. Or maybe, everything is good and we'll hear something soon.

And if it comes out that Fox isn't the guy for whatever reason we move forward. Fox, to me at least, isn't the far and away #1 option for head coach. If we don't get him I'm not going to see it as a failure. He'd be a really good option, but I'm still high on Austin and I'm warming a bit to Marrone because of his relationship with Pace. I don't think Marrone would pull the shit he did in Buffalo here and he's a very good coach.

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
What are the chances Dan Quinn goes to two Super Bowls?

What are the chances Dan Quinn ends up half the coach John Fox is?

1. 50/50
2. 50/50

sorry for the mediocre answers

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
omg please tell me what it is you love about Quinn so much

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.