UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. 1-4 record with Orton. Inserted Tebow. 7-4. 8-8 and won 1 playoff game. Not only did Fox beat the Bears (the Barber game) with Tebow as a quarterback, Fox's Panthers destroyed the Bears in 05 playoffs, not because of Carolina's defense, but because of Steve Smith and the offense. This guy can coach.

I would attribute more to A) Steve Smith and B) Lovie Smith's unwilligness to double him, if I recall that po game correctly.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
If they "parted ways", Fox probably has an idea of where he wants to go and teams have contacted him. Wouldn't be surprised if he sat out though

Who is that in your avatar? Donny Osmond and Jason Segel?

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Fox has the resume, I mean he was an Adam Vinatieri FG away from possibly winning the Super Bowl in '04, against the almighty Bill Belichick himself. I remember they were pretty big underdogs going into that one. Then last year he ran into the Seattle buzzsaw where the game got away in a hurry. I would love to bring him here, why not? I am sure he has connections throughout the league to bring in solid coordinators.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
From what I've read,Gase is the next Bronco HC!

I wouldn't count on it. They just Reported the 49ers are making a strong push for him and he has previous experience there under Singletary.

The Bronco's will also be behind the 8 ball because they must interview a minority.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
Another HC candidate with health concerns? Thanks but no thanks.

I want a HC that I can count on being there every Sunday while under contract.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
His clusterfuck of offensive coordinators in Carolina is nearly as bad as Lovies

ok so far far you hate everyone who is this awesome coach with better credentials than fox your waiting for?

Liked Posts:
Yep. 1-4 record with Orton. Inserted Tebow. 7-4. 8-8 and won 1 playoff game. Not only did Fox beat the Bears (the Barber game) with Tebow as a quarterback, Fox's Panthers destroyed the Bears in 05 playoffs, not because of Carolina's defense, but because of Steve Smith and the offense. This guy can coach.

The story goes, he didn't want to play Tebow. The fan pressure became enormous and he eventually caved and put him in expecting it to go badly but it blew up in his face when they started winning and was forced to keep him in. Many give Mike McCoy the most credit for making it work with Tebow as he was the one who tailored the offense around Tebows skill set.

Fox is a really solid head coach. But in a traditional sense. He doesn't pretend to offer innovation, which isn't all bad. But the good thing too is he doesn't have the ego that would preclude him getting great coaches and coordinators under him. That's the positive about him not feeling like he's re-inventing football.

But the person who made the point about him not rebuilding is right. I see him fitting in more at some place like Atlanta or San Francisco.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is the no brainer hire for the Bears. A respected guy with a lot of coaching connections and solid experience. Perfect for a young GM.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can't get it done with Manning and you expect him to get it done with Cutler? GTFO

every coach we bring in isn't about cutler jesus so we shouldn't hire any coach no matter his credentials until they jettison cutler. got it

Status
Not open for further replies.