Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He can't get it done with Manning and you expect him to get it done with Cutler? GTFO
Playoff Manning sucks. After December, he is hardly an asset.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Rappaport mentioned that Fox was allowed to leave and that many believe he asked to leave because there is another job that intrigues him and then he mentioned the Bears. This is all conjecture at this point, but if true, very NICE. I find it hard to believe that if Fox is offered multiple jobs, we get him. However, his name going on the market only helps us land a better coach as it increases supply. Although it will be interesting to see if the Broncos nab Gase.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only dumb meatballs say that. Then they have the gall to cry foul when you tell them what a loser their QB is. It's never the QBs fault and always a Team sport until talking about another team's QB.

what about when other people ask you wtf does jay cutler have to do with the bears having a shot at john fox

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another HC candidate with health concerns? Thanks but no thanks.

I want a HC that I can count on being there every Sunday while under contract.

youre-killing-me-smalls3.gif

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if this warrants its own thread. I am sorry for cluttering the board. Merge if necessary please.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Does Fox have "health issues" that could factor in here?!

sycked

Liked Posts:
The entire staff has been fired. Fox should just reassemble his staff here in Chicago, but it's entirely possible that Gase and Del Rio still might land HC positions.

Liked Posts:
John Fox is a very safe hire. He is someone who can get this team to a respectable place, get to the playoffs, win some games here and there.

The thing is, Fox isn't someone that isn't going to get Pace fired, and is a veteran coach who Pace can lean on as he grows into his role and expands his power within Halas Hall. He's Doug Collins. A safe point A to Point B hire.

Which right now, is ok. Because it could be damaging with a lot of unproven coordinators out there that don't exactly set the world on fire, picking the wrong one could land Pace out of a job.

Hiring Fox, if they do it, is a smart move for Pace and the team long term, because you have a head coach who will leave the team better than he found it, and that will allow Pace to really make a power move at the right time for the right guy, when that time is right.

John Fox isn't exciting, but if hired, he's respectable, and if Pace ends up being a very good one, he can make John Fox look damn good if they find the right quarterback.

Very safe. He's not an innovator but he is proven. He's not worried about coordinators getting too much credit. People like working under him and so he can be expected to get good coordinators as a result.

Liked Posts:
The entire staff has been fired. Fox should just reassemble his staff here in Chicago, but it's entirely possible that Gase and Del Rio still might land HC positions.

Word is, Del Rio to Oakland.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He can't get it done with Manning and you expect him to get it done with Cutler? GTFO

Did you watch Manning yesterday? He was worse than Cutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.