UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
He won a playoff game with Tbow that should tell you something

Liked Posts:
I think Kubiak will be more strongly linked to the Broncos anyway. At least I hope as Kubiak would be my first choice.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
When Denver fans call and they all hate Fox then I want to at least listen. So, the team fires him and the fans dont like him. Kinda says something

But the point of the thread was that the local radio stations were trying to pump up Fox and the fans that follow him every day were saying no and the announcers were getting frustrated by that

Of course they all hate him right now. They are fresh from a loss that illuminated them from the Superbowl. I'll bet in the last few days you will find more than the usual amount of Ravans fans that want Harbaugh fired. And if the Packers lose, shortly after you will find more than the usually amount of fans that want McCarthy fired. Does that mean that the fans know what they are talking about?

And all I have heard so far is that the Broncos and Fox agreed to part ways. I haven't heard he was "fired". So it is quite possible he is leaving because of health reasons. Now if he starts taking interviews, that would render that argument invalid.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Kubiak will be more strongly linked to the Broncos anyway. At least I hope as Kubiak would be my first choice.

Kubiak is staying put in Baltimore. Its been reported already.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
i wouldn't hate the decision to hire Fox. 2 Superbowl appearances.. one with Jake Delhomme.

Gotta think this will greatly impact Manning's decision now. He may not be back.

On the contrary. There was speculation that Peyton wanted Gase instead of Fox. No idea if there is validity to that, and if true, i am sure Peyton will downplay / deny it. But I heard/read this yesterday. (Not sure if it was ESPN)

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

kubiak and the ravens already announced he will be staying with the ravens

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning was banged up really bad by the end of the season going into the playoffs this year. Is that the reason his play fell off or is it old age?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
They should be hating on Manning today. He looked AWFUL, yesterday. Someone has to be blamed, and it's always going to be qb or coach.

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Fox did come to the Bears and Del Rio goes to Oaklamd, whether Fox would bring Dennis Allen as DC.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I wonder if jets are pissed off that they hired Rex Ryan this morning and John Fox is available now?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Of course they all hate him right now. They are fresh from a loss that illuminated them from the Superbowl. I'll bet in the last few days you will find more than the usual amount of Ravans fans that want Harbaugh fired. And if the Packers lose, shortly after you will find more than the usually amount of fans that want McCarthy fired. Does that mean that the fans know what they are talking about?

And all I have heard so far is that the Broncos and Fox agreed to part ways. I haven't heard he was "fired". So it is quite possible he is leaving because of health reasons. Now if he starts taking interviews, that would render that argument invalid.

Pretty sure Fox was quoted as saying he still wants to Coach.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He said he was looking forward to continuing his coaching career. Maybe Elway had some issue with him or maybe he had an issue with Elway.

Status
Not open for further replies.