UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
i think Fox is a good leader, knows how to win, led a Tebowbacked team through the playoffs, definitely attractive to a young GM. Not sure why everyone on here is so pissy about the thought of him.

Because Bears, that's why.

Fox: "Yeah, he took him to two Super Bowls, but he didn't win any of them. Don't want."

Winning SB Coach: "Yeah, but did you read my stat about no coach having ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams? Don't want."

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's time stamped 21 hours ago. Duh.
No shit captain. Until I see a report saying otherwise that's what we are working with. Speculate all you want if it makes you feel better.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
how fuckin cray cray would it be if they all came together coaching staff intact.....haha would pace be the greatest bears gm of all time?

I was going to ask the same thing.

Certainly Del Rio and Gase may get a shot at a HC gig, or could be pursued at their same positions. But there aren't that many spots open, and Quinn is going to get one. Bowles may get Atlanta. That leaves SF, Oak and us. Shanahan has been rumored as a possibility in Oak or SF.

I am not saying I definitely want Gase, but the Fox, with a HC in waiting wouldn't suck. Especially if Denver just let Gase walk, his stock would be down. I actually thought Fox was in danger because Gase may get the HC job, but obviously not.

It would be kind of funny that some here wanted Del Rio, some wanted Gase, some like the idea of Fox - get the whole package. :)

(The same package that can't win with Peyton Manning and a major defense rebuild.)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's funny. That Hufnagel dude could be the second coming of Don Shula and would have no chance now.

#NoMoreCanucks

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Elway is making a comeback next year as the first QB/President/GM/Head Coach/Offensive-Defensive Coordinator combo ever.

I would guarantee he would do better than the all time postseason failure record holder.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
its the kray kray I tell you

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Flavor of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Seriously this guy fits the bill. He's our Joe Maddon.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
On the contrary. There was speculation that Peyton wanted Gase instead of Fox. No idea if there is validity to that, and if true, i am sure Peyton will downplay / deny it. But I heard/read this yesterday. (Not sure if it was ESPN)

Seems like manning. Blame the coach, not the QB who leads the league at poofing in the postseason.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Fox already turning down an interview from the Jets. lol, poor Jets..

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@AdamSchefter: John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Fuel to the fire. Imagine if it broke that he is interviewing in Chicago, wouldn't it be a lock then since he turned down another interview?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I really believe this is what the Bears need to take the first step to becoming good again,question is would he get rid of Cuter day one and if he would what dou you think he could do with Fales?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@AdamSchefter: John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Fuel to the fire. Imagine if it broke that he is interviewing in Chicago, wouldn't it be a lock then since he turned down another interview?

Where is that chicomike fucker when we need him?

Liked Posts:
I really believe this is what the Bears need to take the first step to becoming good again,question is would he get rid of Cuter day one and if he would what dou you think he could do with Fales?

I think he would jettison Cutler, use a 2nd round pick on someone like Hundley, and sign Matt Moore as the placeholder quarterback.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
john fox turns down jets interview

@Adamschefter
John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Smh looks like the bears will continue to settle for mediocrity and hire this ssupremely average coach

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN and WSCR are all fawning over the possibilities of John Fox here. They take phone calls and a number have been from Denver fans that have been ripping Fox. It's not the reaction they wanted.

John Fox....MEH!!!!!

Not Bears related. Reported
u8BFJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.