UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
@Adamschefter
John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Smh looks like the bears will continue to settle for mediocrity and hire this ssupremely average coach

Two Super Bowl runs, one with Jake Delhomme. Won a playoff game with Tim-Goddamn-Tebow.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Liked Posts:
No shit captain. Until I see a report saying otherwise that's what we are working with. Speculate all you want if it makes you feel better.

Cool. Thanks for contributing nothing.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I would think that means chi, sf, or atl?

Liked Posts:
Btw, I've recently learned, and this was reported by LaCanfora, that Manning, when he was a FA, originally wanted to go to Houston where Kubiak was HC at the time.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
JesusLovesYou.gif

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Cool. Thanks for contributing nothing.

Sorry, I can't provide you with a solid source linking Kubiak to denver that doesn't exist. It must be hard for you. You're free to Speculate. Go nuts broski.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Because Bears, that's why.

Fox: "Yeah, he took him to two Super Bowls, but he didn't win any of them. Don't want."

Winning SB Coach: "Yeah, but did you read my stat about no coach having ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams? Don't want."

No coach has ever lost with three teams, so.....

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
This is just a crazy theory but Fox is close with Accorsi and if the rumors are true and there is mutual interest, I bet Accorsi made contact with Fox yesterday and let him know the Bears are prepared to bring him on board. That may have played into his decision to leave today. Despite the media reports that Chicago is the least desirable opening, it also has the least amount of immediate pressure as no one expects us to do much next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I just had a thought about John Fox.

Can someone show me how to start a new thread?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I wonder why Quinn or Bevell hasn't gotten an interview, maybe Ernie sees something there based on their roster talent? Or is it cause they're still in the playoffs?

But Fox would be a safe pick, not the sexiest pick. But one to where Pace can learn from. He does fit the mold of being a Parcells/ Payton type.

And to add to that, maybe Pace had an inside track on HC jobs which he got a nugget of info about Broncos & Fox- not meeting Superbowl expectations and them blowing it all up, which got Pace the job...?

Just second guessing all this, thoughts?

Mitchapalooza

I thought being a Bears fan was hard. It seems like everyone is turning down the Jets this year lmao

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
This is just a crazy theory but Fox is close with Accorsi and if the rumors are true and there is mutual interest, I bet Accorsi made contact with Fox yesterday and let him know the Bears are prepared to bring him on board. That may have played into his decision to leave today. Despite the media reports that Chicago is the least desirable opening, it also has the least amount of immediate pressure as no one expects us to do much next year.

Was thinking something similar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.