UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He said this before the Denver job was open, dumbass. Until he says no to Denver, your link is voided because it's no longer timely.

Ahh I see you're incapable of having an adult conversation. I'm fully 'aware' of when he supposedly said this (according to you). It was when Manning still had fuel in his tank.

So again ill ask you, why would any coach, especially an established name hitch his wagon to Manning? If you can't answer the question then don't bother with the childish responses.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
So you're proving my point. Without Manning, Fox sucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Arians sucks too then, as does every coach who couldn't overcome a quarterback injury in the postseason. Also, it's Peyton Manning were talking about, remember what happened to the Colts when he went down?

John Fox went to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Kubiak say "I'm staying in Baltimore" if he had any intention of being a HC anywhere else? If he suddenly decides he want to be a HC because of a Denver opening, I'll eat wild cards shoes

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
pretty sure there was a superbowl run in there your forgetting to mention

And your point is?

two games above .500 w/o Manning still stands, and that is much more relevant than his few good seasons.

Youre just on this kick were former HC experience = best possible option.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
But you've also established that you're kind of dumb, no offense. So have you factored this into your estimation? Denver is likely his dream job. If not Denver, he may never be a head coach again.
Strawman much? His name will come up every single year until he decides to take a gig. guaranteed. Stop with this never again nonsense.

I have thought about him in Denver and I think it would be a good fit in the post Manning era.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ahh I see you're incapable of having an adult conversation. I'm fully 'aware' of when he supposedly said this (according to you). It was when Manning still had fuel in his tank.

So again ill ask you, why would any coach, especially an established name hitch his wagon to Manning? If you can't answer the question then don't bother with the childish responses.

I'll answer, even though you didn't ask me. Manning threw for 10,000 yards, and won 25 of 32 games over the past two seasons. He was playing just fine earlier in the year and then he clearly was hurt. If the injury can heal and you can get Manning back to what he was the first 10 weeks of the season then he instantly gives you the best chance to win a Super Bowl next year over any of the job openings currently available.

That being said I don't think Denver is doing that. They have a ton of free agents and no cap space, pretty sure they are going to dump old vets, resign their young talent and try to rebuild without Manning.

Just for fun, how about a patched up Manning and Fox/Gace combo for da bears next year? Oh one can dream lol.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
With the talent he had this year, he should have atleast made it to the AFC championship game.

Yeah if he only could have made Peyton Manning throw better during the game. Do you think Fox had nothing to do with the talent on the team?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Look at his Carolina run, that is much more indicative of the HC youll be getting in Fox.

3 playoff berths in 9 seasons. GTFO. Could have just kept Lovie. Honestly he is only one step above fucking Shanahan when it comes to HCs I dont want anywhere near the Bears.

This hire would scream "we just want to play it safe and hush up the fan base."

And just think about this... the Broncos had everything they could possibly need to win a SB, and they knew it, except one thing... the right HC. They are ditching their HC, Why? Because despite having everything he could possibly ask for besides a SB being handed to him, he still failed.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll answer, even though you didn't ask me. Manning threw for 10,000 yards, and won 25 of 32 games over the past two seasons. He was playing just fine earlier in the year and then he clearly was hurt. If the injury can heal and you can get Manning back to what he was the first 10 weeks of the season then he instantly gives you the best chance to win a Super Bowl next year over any of the job openings currently available.

That being said I don't think Denver is doing that. They have a ton of free agents and no cap space, pretty sure they are going to dump old vets, resign their young talent and try to rebuild without Manning.

Just for fun, how about a patched up Manning and Fox/Gace combo for da bears next year? Oh one can dream lol.

Those are big IFs. I'd like to see Manning return to form and play well again but I'm not betting on it.

Kubiak makes sense in Denver if Manning retires and Kubiak can build his own team. See what Brock Osweiler has and if he isn't the guy then draft somebody else.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Look at his Carolina run, that is much more indicative of the HC youll be getting in Fox.

3 playoff berths in 9 seasons. GTFO. Could have just kept Lovie. Honestly he is only one step above fucking Shanahan when it comes to HCs I dont want anywhere near the Bears.

This hire would scream "we just want to play it safe and hush up the fan base."

So why did Denver hire him then in the first place? Would you not agree that organization is ran better than the Bears? Fox is a safe hire, nothing wrong with that, he guarantees to move our team forward and would leave us better than he arrived. Why do the Bears always have to take huge risks? Just once I'd like to at least be assured of competence.

We are not winning a Super Bowl for at least 3 years anyways and that's if everything goes perfect. Fox would them probably be about retired, our GM would no longer be green, and we would have a young roster full of talent, again if everything goes perfect.

I mean I could see going inexperienced if their was some clear can't miss up and comer. However this year has to be the most underwhelming year for candidates. The smart move is to play it safe.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Why would Kubiak say "I'm staying in Baltimore" if he had any intention of being a HC anywhere else? If he suddenly decides he want to be a HC because of a Denver opening, I'll eat wild cards shoes

Ohh fuck. Now you've done it. Duh-mmy

Status
Not open for further replies.