UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like more people are turning down the jets than other teams.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I think every coach wishes they were mediocre enough to make it to two super bowls. You can say he isn't the style of coach you want ext, but this is simply an idiotic argument.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
So why did Denver hire him then in the first place? Would you not agree that organization is ran better than the Bears? Fox is a safe hire, nothing wrong with that, he guarantees to move our team forward and would leave us better than he arrived. Why do the Bears always have to take huge risks? Just once I'd like to at least be assured of competence.

We are not winning a Super Bowl for at least 3 years anyways and that's if everything goes perfect. Fox would them probably be about retired, our GM would no longer be green, and we would have a young roster full of talent, again if everything goes perfect.

I mean I could see going inexperienced if their was some clear can't miss up and comer. However this year has to be the most underwhelming year for candidates. The smart move is to play it safe.

Hiring a first time HC in and of itself is not a "huge risk" and besides Id much rather take a risk and have a shot at greatness than play safe and just remain content with mediocrity.

But sure, lets hire a placeholder HC. lol

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't some lunatic from here show up at your house once? Was that because you're a miserable piece of shit? So who would you like to see as the next Bears' HC? I like Austin and Bowles.

That was me. He answered the door like this...
exfda.gif

so I left.

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Bruce Arians sucks too then, as does every coach who couldn't overcome a quarterback injury in the postseason. Also, it's Peyton Manning were talking about, remember what happened to the Colts when he went down?

John Fox went to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care if you agree with me. If you think getting to the playoffs is the goal. Fox is your coach. If you want to win, you might look somewhere else. Isn't it funny how Denver didn't fight to keep him? Denver wants to win, and they pushed a lot of chips in Fox's corner and he failed. What do you think he will do in Chicago with less than half the talent in Denver?

Like I said in another thread, 'flavor of the day'. Stay tuned tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hiring a first time HC in and of itself is not a "huge risk" and besides Id much rather take a risk and have a shot at greatness than play safe and just remain content with mediocrity.

But sure, lets hire a placeholder HC. lol

None of the coordinator candidates are great prospects this year. That's the problem. You just want one cause you don't know them and hope they are great, what you aren't thinking about is the odds, and the odds say they won't be better than Fox.

Again, if their was a great coordinator HC prospect this year he would already have a job.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Didn't some lunatic from here show up at your house once? Was that because you're a miserable piece of shit? So who would you like to see as the next Bears' HC? I like Austin and Bowles.
Jelly?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Taking a risk on an unknown is far better than settling for certain mediocrity.

And certain aspects of your post are flat out inaccurate, such as no one has been hired because there are no worthy candidates. Thats nonsense.

But Ive said my peace, you can go ahead a root for mediocrity... hell, its been the Bears way for decades.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Taking a risk on an unknown is far better than settling for certain mediocrity.

And certain aspects of your post are flat out inaccurate, such as no one as been hired because there are no worthy candidates. Thats nonsense.

Name the last time nobody was hired this late after black Monday? Their is a reason for this, and this doesn't come from me, it comes from media reports. Nobody is jumping out in interviews, just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.