CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we take John Fox

Mediocrity-Setting-the-Bar-Low.jpg

Go back to your own thread old man

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, Ill answer that since its not fox related directly... first off a number of candidates were, or still are in the playoffs, and besides that, Im pretty sure coaching searches always go into the second week of January, its nothing new. I think your just talking out of your ass.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Way to go Schefter

Adam Schefter - In response to my earlier tweet about Jets' contact with John Fox, Jets officials said no interview request was made.
8:16pm - 12 Jan 15

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Fox is a completely average HC, the only reason hes had sustained success recently is due to having a still capable Manning for a few years, before that he never made the playoffs with any sort of consistency... it was an appearance there and appearance here.

I hope the Bears dont even bother interviewing him. There is a large enough body of work by him to know exactly what youll get, and without Manning thats an average HC at best.

If they are going to go with a former HC I rather they go with someone like Hue Jackson.

Not really disagreeing or anything but why is Hue Jackson a better choice than Fox? It's not like Jackson's track records that great either? Sure he managed to get the Raiders to 8-8 and I think he was unfairly fired but his stints as an OC all only lasted for one season at a time. Other than that he was a WR and QB coach for some decent players but that's not to say those players wouldn't have been good without him. I'm just curious what about Jackson makes you so excited but you have zero interest in Fox. I'm just trying to understand what about Jackson would be exciting and merit jumping on board for.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Well, first off a number of candidates were, or still are in the playoffs, and besides that, Im pretty sure coaching searches always go into the second week of January, its nothing new. I think your just talking out of your ass.

Well obviously you don't know shit about the history of the NFL in regards to this time of year so I'll give you a pass for your simple minded view.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care if you agree with me. If you think getting to the playoffs is the goal. Fox is your coach. If you want to win, you might look somewhere else. Isn't it funny how Denver didn't fight to keep him? Denver wants to win, and they pushed a lot of chips in Fox's corner and he failed. What do you think he will do in Chicago with less than half the talent in Denver?

Like I said in another thread, 'flavor of the day'. Stay tuned tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with everything above, Bowles would be my choice, I wasn't even taking the pro-Fox angle. I was simply saying it's not all on Fox the way Manning's health fell off and consequently their season ended.

And then you said I proved your point that Fox sucks without Manning, well yeah, Manning has been an MVP candidate in almost all of his 17 seasons. Teams have been built around Manning his entire career, the quad on his planting foot was torn so there you have it. That would be a difficult situation for any coach ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Not really disagreeing or anything but why is Hue Jackson a better choice than Fox? It's not like Jackson's track records that great either? Sure he managed to get the Raiders to 8-8 and I think he was unfairly fired but his stints as an OC all only lasted for one season at a time. Other than that he was a WR and QB coach for some decent players but that's not to say those players wouldn't have been good without him. I'm just curious what about Jackson makes you so excited but you have zero interest in Fox. I'm just trying to understand what about Jackson would be exciting and merit jumping on board for.

For the very reasons Ive stated, Hue as shown potential and hasnt had enough of a chance whereas Fox has a huge body of work and its clear that all youll be getting is an average HC at best. Denver was as stacked talent wise as any team could possibly hope for, more so than the Bears will ever be, and he still failed to win a SB. Hes not going to come to Chicago and win one... at best youll get a few playoff appearances over the course of a decade, just like in Carolina.

In other words, a return to Lovie. Yay.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should just call Fox and tell him he got the job..No interview..Knowing the Bears, they will dick around and no one will be left but some scrub

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN and WSCR are all fawning over the possibilities of John Fox here. They take phone calls and a number have been from Denver fans that have been ripping Fox. It's not the reaction they wanted.

John Fox....MEH!!!!!

salt_shaker_jumping_hc.gif

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 19m19 minutes ago

I was told by NFL source Jets did not seek to interview John Fox. For what it's worth. Many believe Fox is hooked up with Bears.We'll see.

Liked Posts:
Ahh I see you're incapable of having an adult conversation. I'm fully 'aware' of when he supposedly said this (according to you). It was when Manning still had fuel in his tank.

So again ill ask you, why would any coach, especially an established name hitch his wagon to Manning? If you can't answer the question then don't bother with the childish responses.

Who said you, with your child like brain, is capable of functioning at that level? Certainly you can't blame others for being frustrated by your lack of comprehension. Well before you posted the link I pointed out your information was dated. Yet, you post a link to the same information. What were you expecting to accomplish after I had already pointed out this flaw? Are you seriously that dense?

Is it standard practice for you to act like a dumbass and then get pissy when someone calls you out?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I hope Pace doesnt allow himself to be swayed, because thats the only way I see Fox being his guy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't want John Fox here.

Liked Posts:
Strawman much? His name will come up every single year until he decides to take a gig. guaranteed. Stop with this never again nonsense.

I have thought about him in Denver and I think it would be a good fit in the post Manning era.

It's not straw man dumb ass. The term you should be referencing is ad hominem.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want John Fox here.

I do I think he is just what the bears need right now. even a better option than kubiak though dam I sure would have loved to see what he could do with this roster

Status
Not open for further replies.