UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Success sure, a superbowl win, no. He just had a "Rodgers level QB" in Manning and got obliterated last year, only to lay down in the playoffs this year.

So all of Denver's success was a result of Manning, and all of its failures were a result of Fox. Got it...

Rise

Liked Posts:
with Fox O will be all but ignored, the only reason he had an O in Denver was Elway bringing Manning in.

Its ridiculous that you say the QB position situation is the reason we struggle with GB but then advocate hiring Fox. And then you fail to realize that hes had a QB of Rodgers caliber for the past few years, and despite that was essentially fired.

lol

Same as the other guy. I can't write responses to every parrot.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
So all of Denver's success was a result of Manning, and all of its failures were a result of Fox. Got it...

Where did I say that? I just answered your question.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The only reason they consistently contended though was Manning, Fox had little do do with it... look at his career pre Mannig, hes like 2 games above 500 with only 3 play off appearances during his nine years in Carolina. Thats the Fox the Bears would be getting.

Well, I think Gase had a lot to do with their success actually, Manning was better with him as OC than he ever was. Probably why Denver rather have Gase as HC than Fox.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
with Fox O will be all but ignored, the only reason he had an O in Denver was Elway bringing Manning in.

Its ridiculous that you say the QB position situation is the reason we struggle with GB but then advocate hiring Fox. And then you fail to realize that hes had a QB of Rodgers caliber for the past few years, and despite that was essentially fired.

lol

Peyton is not near Aaron Rodgers caliber unless you are playing fantasy football.

Edit: in the regular season.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Honestly, that's for Pace to figure out. What we do know is that Fox will only take you so far. The Bears should be looking for a new HC the same way they'll look for their 1st round pick, someone with a high ceiling, not a low floor. A guy that could be dynamic and a difference maker, not a solid starter. If you don't look for that type of guy you'll never find him and always be second fiddle to GB.

It's Ryan Pace's job to find the guy out there that's better than John Fox but if Pace hires Fox it would seem to me that that guy doesn't exist. Apparently Pace's decision to hire anyone other than Fox is just fine, but if it is a fox then you'll have an issue, MAKES SENSE.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
It's Ryan Pace's job to find the guy out there that's better than John Fox but if Pace hires Fox it would seem to me that that guy doesn't exist. Apparently Pace's decision to hire anyone other than Fox is just fine, but if it is a fox then you'll have an issue, MAKES SENSE.

Why would a coach with a higher upside than Fox not exist if Pace doesn't find him? That makes no sense unless you believe Pace is infallible.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
Thats exactly what this boils down to........everything the Broncos did well was because of Manning and everything wrong with the Broncos was because of Fox.

We dont want a Superbowl winning coach because no coach has won Superbowls with two different teams.

We dont want a coach who was in a Superbowl and didn't win because they obviously cant get it done when given a chance.

We dont want an experienced coach because they obviously suck since they have been fired before so must suck for life.

We dont want a new HC because they havent shown they can lead a team.

In the end no coach will be a guarantee to win us a Superbowl and even if you had everything you need to win a Superbowl its always possible that 1-2 other teams have the same and only one of them gets to win.

I would be happy with multiple candidates including Fox, Quinn, Bevell, Austin, and Bowles but I'm going to trust Pace to make the decision since he will have a hell of a lot more information about who will be the best choice then a bunch of arm chair QB's.

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
Don't know who Pace will choose, but I'm thinking it won't be a first time HC. Think Maddon.

Rise

Liked Posts:
as you respond. lol

but from now on dont, a number of us would appreciate it.

Oh so now you speak for a group? Is this a high school click and you got the varsity jacket? Sorry but plenty of people agree with me, and I don't need their confirmation anyways. I'll post whenever I want thanks.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why would a coach with a higher upside than Fox not exist if Pace doesn't find him? That makes no sense unless you believe Pace is infallible.

Do you have any idea how against the odds it is to find a coach who will have the success that Fox has had? Combine that with the fact that this year offers no stand out coordinator candidates you should be grateful a guy like Fox just became available.

You're more likely to find the next Norv Turner than Bellichek.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Thats exactly what this boils down to........everything the Broncos did well was because of Manning and everything wrong with the Broncos was because of Fox.

We dont want a Superbowl winning coach because no coach has won Superbowls with two different teams.

We dont want a coach who was in a Superbowl and didn't win because they obviously cant get it done when given a chance.

We dont want an experienced coach because they obviously suck since they have been fired before so must suck for life.

We dont want a new HC because they havent shown they can lead a team.

In the end no coach will be a guarantee to win us a Superbowl and even if you had everything you need to win a Superbowl its always possible that 1-2 other teams have the same and only one of them gets to win.

I would be happy with multiple candidates including Fox, Quinn, Bevell, Austin, and Bowles but I'm going to trust Pace to make the decision since he will have a hell of a lot more information about who will be the best choice then a bunch of arm chair QB's.

Well said.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
For all this talk about Fox being by far the best option, its funny that the team he actually worked for doesnt seem to think so.

I simply cannot understand how "fans" can clamor for the Bears to make a hire that would guarantee mediocrity. I dont get it.

And yet it perfectly explains why the organization is ran the way it is. The fan base is easy to placate and get in the seats.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie got to the super bowl with rex Grossman and the nfc title game with Cutler. Get off this average assholes nutsack

No lol he got to the Superbowl and NFCC despite those two. He had one of the best defense in team history and the best special teams unit in team history. Let's be real here.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jason LaCanfora - On the John Fox front, he's open to several options. Continue to hear the Bears likely to emerge as a top possibility for him
9:48pm - 12 Jan 15

Rich Campbell - John Fox interested in coaching Bears, source says. Also, Bears haven't pursued 2nd interview w/ Todd Bowles. Story: trib.in/1y7hoVI
9:49pm - 12 Jan 15

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Fortunately LaCanfora tends to talk out of his ass and get shit was off...

And considering Pace said two of the most important things are the relationship between GM/HC and HC/QB Im starting to feel better about Fox not being on Paces radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.