UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AaronLemingNFL: A new report coming out that John Fox wasn't happy with "lack of control" he had over the 53 man roster and draft. Interesting. #Bears

Would make Chicago a strange fit.

Rise

Liked Posts:
@AaronLemingNFL: A new report coming out that John Fox wasn't happy with "lack of control" he had over the 53 man roster and draft. Interesting. #Bears

He can't have control here I'd be 100% against that. I don't think any HC should have that type of control even Bellichek I think it hurts him more than helps.

Rise

Liked Posts:

No thanks to giving control of the draft to a HC. I don't ever think that is a good idea.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Can we just play this next year without a coaching staff, go 0-16 get the first pick and see who is a available next year. Then repeat if necessary. None of these coaches get me excited. Fucking Emery passing on Arians fucked us for years to come.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Drama will be our next coach, fitting

john-fox-johnny-drama.jpg

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/john-fox-hospital-alias-johnny-drama/213457

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Weve reached a point where a placeholder HC is not only acceptable, but considered a good idea, and fans are giddy about mediocrity...

Then in a few years when the Bears are still worthless and were starting over, yet again, the cycle will repeat itself.

It really is no wonder the Bears have been a joke for decades, the fans are extremely easy to please. Give them some hard hits on D and a playoff appearance now and again and theyll shut up and shit down.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The HC should be involved in the draft process and who is on the roster IMO

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

Because that roster was so lacking in talent... lol

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
John Fox is a very safe hire. He is someone who can get this team to a respectable place, get to the playoffs, win some games here and there.

The thing is, Fox isn't someone that isn't going to get Pace fired, and is a veteran coach who Pace can lean on as he grows into his role and expands his power within Halas Hall. He's Doug Collins. A safe point A to Point B hire.

Which right now, is ok. Because it could be damaging with a lot of unproven coordinators out there that don't exactly set the world on fire, picking the wrong one could land Pace out of a job.

Hiring Fox, if they do it, is a smart move for Pace and the team long term, because you have a head coach who will leave the team better than he found it, and that will allow Pace to really make a power move at the right time for the right guy, when that time is right.

John Fox isn't exciting, but if hired, he's respectable, and if Pace ends up being a very good one, he can make John Fox look damn good if they find the right quarterback.

No qb,terrible defense and good but nothing special coach. We have a bright future.:obama:

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
Living in Denver I get to see and hear a lot of and about Fox. While I don't think he's a bad coach, I also don't feel that he's a good coach either. He's an average coach that has been blessed with great talent as of late. So unless the Bears strive to be an 8-8 team, I don't know why they would sign him.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Fox would provide the stability and leadership to allow Pace to grow a bit as a GM.

The Bears are not comepting for a Super Bowl anytime in the next 3-4 years so why not get a coach that can build a program and as Teddy said leave it better than he found it.

That is honestly the most ridiculous way to go about hiring a HC that I can think of. If Paces approaches his HC hire in such a manner he is going to be worthless as a GM.

And in three years without a playoff appearance everyone will be up in arms demanding heads roll, and hell be fired.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Living in Denver I get to see and hear a lot of and about Fox. While I don't think he's a bad coach, I also don't feel that he's a good coach either. He's an average coach that has been blessed with great talent as of late. So unless the Bears strive to be an 8-8 team, I don't know why they would sign him.

So you're saying he's mediocre?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

Dont think Pace has a huge ego like saint Elway

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
That is honestly the most ridiculous way to go about hiring a HC that I can think of. If Paces approaches his HC hire in such a manner he is going to be worthless as a GM.

Shut up. He's a blogger. I mean writer.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Not wanting to give your job to the HC does not equal having a big ego.

It would be the HC in such a situation having the ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.