UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Fox has ties with Ernie Accorsi and Sean Payton. It sure seems like Fox knows there is a job waiting for him. There are an awful lot of signs pointing to Fox being the new HC. Not overly joyed by it but we could do worse. No doubt if Fox lands here he will put the emphasis back on toughness and defense.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thats exactly what this boils down to........everything the Broncos did well was because of Manning and everything wrong with the Broncos was because of Fox.

We dont want a Superbowl winning coach because no coach has won Superbowls with two different teams.

We dont want a coach who was in a Superbowl and didn't win because they obviously cant get it done when given a chance.

We dont want an experienced coach because they obviously suck since they have been fired before so must suck for life.

We dont want a new HC because they havent shown they can lead a team.

In the end no coach will be a guarantee to win us a Superbowl and even if you had everything you need to win a Superbowl its always possible that 1-2 other teams have the same and only one of them gets to win.

I would be happy with multiple candidates including Fox, Quinn, Bevell, Austin, and Bowles but I'm going to trust Pace to make the decision since he will have a hell of a lot more information about who will be the best choice then a bunch of arm chair QB's.
Bravo sir! Best post of the year so far. Kudos to you hitting the mail right on the head.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Mediocre? 119-89 HC record. 2 conference championships and 2 Superbowl appearances in the past 10-12 years. But yeah let's get Kubiak and his 64-61 HC record or a coordinator who we know nothing about.

Too old? Bruce Arians a.k.a God in the ChiCitySports Chicago Bears Forum, is 63 this year.

John Fox is the best candidate available.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The problem is we know Fox's ceiling, which wont be a superbowl win, but we do know he will get us a single or double....but thats all.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The problem is we know Fox's ceiling, which wont be a superbowl win, but we do know he will get us a single or double....but thats all.

Clearly if a guy reaches two superbowls and loses we know his ceiling. He was definately incapable of winning one.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
John Fox has ties with Ernie Accorsi and Sean Payton. It sure seems like Fox knows there is a job waiting for him. There are an awful lot of signs pointing to Fox being the new HC. Not overly joyed by it but we could do worse. No doubt if Fox lands here he will put the emphasis back on toughness and defense.

nothing point towards him knowing there is a job waiting for him...

The Bears are still setting up other interviews, The Brancos allowed him to "mutually part ways" allowing him to keep a little dignity and allowing them to save money, and everyone is turning down the Jets.

I will give you the Peyton/Accorsi angle but that alone shouldnt mean much if Pace judges Fox purely as HC candidate and doesnt allow himself to be steered in a certain direction.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:

apparently, thats enough for a number of "fans."

I know! The most frustrating part is that I heard on Wednesday morning the NFL is going to release the "Ceiling Meter" for prospective head coaches like Bowles, Gase, and Austin. And apparently the NFL has all 3 of them at the "WIN BACK TO BACK SUPER BOWLS AND GO UNDEFEATED TWICE ONCE HIRED" level...stupid Bears!!!

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Fox would bring back respect to the Bears. He has excellent coaching connections and could easily assemble a great coaching staff together. Ryan Pace can lean on his experience while he's learning on the job. It all makes a ton of sense. After Jim Harbaugh this might be the next most no brainer choice.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Hey, guys, hes right at .500 when he doesnt have Peyton Manning under center and made the play offs 3 times in nine years with Carolina, only 1 time his final five years there... lets hire that guy, its not like weve been down this road before.

You guys are advocating the idea of hiring Fox for the same reasons everyone wanted Lovie fired.

WTF?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Mediocre? 119-89 HC record. 2 conference championships and 2 Superbowl appearances in the past 10-12 years. But yeah let's get Kubiak and his 64-61 HC record or a coordinator who we know nothing about.

Too old? Bruce Arians a.k.a God in the ChiCitySports Chicago Bears Forum, is 63 this year.

John Fox is the best candidate available.

Are you looking for logic on these boards? That won't happen

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Hey, guys, hes right at .500 when he doesnt have Peyton Manning under center and made the play offs 3 times in nine years with Carolina, only 1 time his final five years there... lets hire that guy, its not like weve been down this road before.

You guys are advocating the idea of hiring Fox for the same reasons everyone wanted Lovie fired.

WTF?

John Fox is more successful, has a better track record, and is equally respected among the players to Lovie Smith. And not everyone was in the "fire lovie smith" camp. I've maintained all along that if you pair Lovie Smith with a good OC, his teams would be a force to be reckoned with.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This team has a good, if not great, offense with it's current players. Pair that with a coach that knows a thing or two about defense.

Liked Posts:

WTF?

I like how people think there is a perfect candidate with an unblemished record who is also not currently employed by a team.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
John Fox is more successful, has a better track record, and is equally respected among the players to Lovie Smith. And not everyone was in the "fire lovie smith" camp. I've maintained all along that if you pair Lovie Smith with a good OC, his teams would be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes but Lovie didn't have a clue how to hire a good OC or the balls to fire a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.