UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise

Liked Posts:
For all this talk about Fox being by far the best option, its funny that the team he actually worked for doesnt seem to think so.

I simply cannot understand how "fans" can clamor for the Bears to make a hire that would guarantee mediocrity. I dont get it.

And yet it perfectly explains why the organization is ran the way it is. The fan base is easy to placate and get in the seats.

The organization has never hired a HC with previous NFL HC experience. They have hired plenty of coordinators with no experience. So what are you talking about?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Fortunately LaCanfora tends to talk out of his ass and get shit was off...

And considering Pace said two of the most important things are the relationship between GM/HC and HC/QB Im starting to feel better about Fox not being on Paces radar.

But you think Bowles is a big QB relationship guy?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Fox is interested in working with Clausen again! Fox coached a 2 win team, lost 2 superbowls, a conference final...and coached a team that in 2005 I kept the tape of because the entire team gave up, not sure if you guys remember the 2005 game against the Panthers where every single member of the team who was not playing was sitting down on the sidelines completely defeated...the announcers were even commenting that they had never seen that before, of course they came back to do us in the playoffs that year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Fox is interested in working with Clausen again! Fox coached a 2 win team, lost 2 superbowls, a conference final...and coached a team that in 2005 I kept the tape of because the entire team gave up, not sure if you guys remember the 2005 game against the Panthers where every single member of the team who was not playing was sitting down on the sidelines completely defeated...the announcers were even commenting that they had never seen that before, of course they came back to do us in the playoffs that year.

He has seen it all no doubt. He just has not won the big one. What some people here seem to want is either an unknown HC because since we don't know about him he at least has a chance to be the greatest of all time. If he is experienced everyone is pretty much eliminated besides Harbaugh or Bellichek as they are all mediocre.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox would provide the stability and leadership to allow Pace to grow a bit as a GM.

The Bears are not comepting for a Super Bowl anytime in the next 3-4 years so why not get a coach that can build a program and as Teddy said leave it better than he found it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where's the heartfelt, super cerebral Vash version of this?

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
After this year, average would be a huge upgrade.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AaronLemingNFL: A new report coming out that John Fox wasn't happy with "lack of control" he had over the 53 man roster and draft. Interesting. #Bears

Would make Chicago a strange fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.