UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best decision the Bears could have made after Harbaugh signed with Michigan. Fox will right the ship by bringing in a solid staff around him and regaining control of the locker room. Great News! "What Does the Fox Say?"

so wonder if any if these fox haters wanted harbaugh...as the "mediocre" they keep using would just be pie in their face.....

Rise

Liked Posts:
so wonder if any if these fox haters wanted harbaugh...as the "mediocre" they keep using would just be pie in their face.....

It's like people think a coach can be a magic potion for consistent winning. They need players!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Well, since all the knowledgeable people on this message board are against this hire I suspect Fox will win his first SB as HC of the Chicago Bears.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I hope they aren't being premature. Don't want another Dave McGinnis situation.

By the way, the reason Ommy doesn't like Fox is because he wants a scapegoat to excuse the useless, decrepit Peyton Manning.
No, I'm just opposed to mediocrity

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol yeah happy now, will get back with you in a few years when your singing a different tune!

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which means it was probably a verbal agreement on the phone. Fox has to come back to sign the dotted line.

there have been past instances where parties agree to the job, but plans fall thru during contract talks...and we all know how the bears owners are....eeeekkkkk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What concerns me is that he says John Fox "is going to be" the next Bears HC.

I don't know what that means.

Does that mean an NFL exec sees the writing on the wall, but has exactly ZERO insider information?

Or does it mean the deal is done?

Somewhere in between?

Lots open to interpretation. Plus, it could be an echo chamber. NFL exec sees tons of Tweets saying it looks like Fox is going to get the Bears job. Guy's talking to the reporter and spouts off, "Yeah, looks like Fox is getting the Bears job," and the reporter goes, "Ah! Scoop!"

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
No, I'm just opposed to mediocrity

Fox might qualify as a "higher level of mediocrity....?!" He does seem to actually win the Division and get to the Play Offs...before folding his tent. A layer or two above Lovie...?!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
WR Muhammad on Fox - " Made sure ever single player knows their role on the team. Does not play the favoritism thing. Will get the best team on the field. A defensive minded guy. Fox is a great communicator, great talker, won't get a lot of him in the press. He is intense, will drink 20 cups of coffee in the morning, people person. You might like what comes out of Fox's mouth all the time but you have to respect him because he is a straight shooter."

Chicago....where coaches and GMs go to die....

Status
Not open for further replies.