UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope they aren't being premature. Don't want another Dave McGinnis situation.

By the way, the reason Ommy doesn't like Fox is because he wants a scapegoat to excuse the useless, decrepit Peyton Manning.

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Yup..."mediocre"

and once again, better than where we are today and over the past 2 years.. If mediocre means i can watch the bears play in January then give me John Mediocre Fox. If he gives us anymore than that its all icing..

Mitchapalooza

By the way, the reason Ommy doesn't like Fox is because he wants a scapegoat to excuse the useless, decrepit Peyton Manning.

That's why everyone needs to embrace Tom Brady.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Poor Ommy... who's cock is he gonna suck when Peyton retires?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's why everyone needs to embrace Tom Brady.
He's a little younger and can still play.

Don't get me wrong. Manning can't play any more but he was the best in his day. Better than Brady.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning had a serious quad injury and set an NFL record last season for TD passes while throwing for almost 5500 yards.

Exaggerate much?!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
There was a time when Bleacher Report was hitting the Bath Salts......hard.....for most of their articles. I hope that this is a bit more than another "vivid hallucination."

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BR vid of JCole's report also states....fox is to be paired with cutler, will have a positive influence on him....so cutty for another year then...woohoo....

{sarcasm}

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who would you have preferred over Fox?

Maybe an up in coming guy like Quinn/Austin! On like you I want the Bears to hit a home run, not settle for mediocrity which is what we are gonna get with Fox! Yeah I know..."but it's the unknown" Well give me the unknown with a shot a a home run over the same old mediocre shit! But, but, but Marc!!!

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Maybe an up in coming guy like Quinn/Austin! On like you I want the Bears to hit a home run, not settle for mediocrity which is what we are gonna get with Fox! Yeah I know..."but it's the unknown" Well give me the unknown with a shot a a home run over the same old mediocre shit! But, but, but Marc!!!

Interesting. I'd rather have $20 then $20 worth of lottery tickets- but to each their own. Fox is competent. That's all he needs to be- the rest is up to Pace. If Pace is competent too- the Bears are in business.

Rise

Liked Posts:

As long as Pace hits home runs in the draft then Fox and his Staff will bring out their potential. You want a "home run" coach well then hope for a franchise qb or massively impactful defense. What Fox has proven is that if you give him that talent he will make a winner.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting. I'd rather have $20 then $20 worth of lottery tickets- but to each their own. Fox is competent. That's all he needs to be- the rest is up to Pace. If Pace is competent too- the Bears are in business.

Well the one thing we can agree on is, We both want them to win, let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later, and I'll be happy to come back and eat crow!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

The problem is that is a false equivalence. There's no definitive known mediocrity in Fox. He could be shittastic with the Bears also or actually find a way to have the situation work wonders for him. It's been seen before in rehiring coaches, it's not settled that they are what they were in their previous stints and the equal payoffs will be the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.