UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No idea whether this is speculation, a "best guess" or a legitimate done deal:

NFL on Reddit ‏@NFLonReddit 9m9 minutes ago
Jason Cole (Bleacher Report) on Twitter: NFL exec source says John Fox is getting the Bears job. http://dlvr.it/86dL5D #reddit #nfl

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely Dan Quinn will end up as good a coach as John Fox.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I feel this was the best and most solid pick. Guy took 2 teams to super bowls. Even with Manning, he still made it with Carolina and lost by 3 points.

Nothing flashy, but a good hard-nosed coach who can definitely help rebuild a defense.

Fox doesn't set back the club, he helps build it up. I think his help not only in the draft room but in developing young defensive players will be very helpful.

Developing the young guys we have now and the kids we draft is going to be HUGE. We have some kids now that can really help us out next year with the right coaches to develop them. J.Bostic,C.Jones,K.Fuller,A.Louis Jean,D.Hurst,W.Sutton,E.Ferguson,K.Greene,S.McLellin,B.Vereen. Can you guys just imagine how helpful it will be if we can develop all these kids into either starters or top guys off the bench?? It would be huge in our re-tooling project we're about to go through....HUGE.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jason Cole on thescore:

"Received a text message about 20 minutes ago: The NFL Executive told him that John Fox will be the next head coach of the Bears"

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Who would have satisfied your thirst for a "non-mediocre" head coach?

an unknown that wouldnt have immediate success and would probably be fired after 3-4 years just as they predict Fox will but their excuse for the coach will be he wasnt ready, he needs more time. blah blah blah

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Gawd no, but that wasn't the point.

What was your point...down the stretch the 2 teams got to the playoffs in the same exact way. Strong running game & stout D. The only comparable difference being the QB.

So which one would you take?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
To all the Fox Haters - Give the guy a season before you hate him. Almost every coach has had people disagree with the move, or more accurately put they preferred another coach. I'd add many coaches need the right situation to fully succeed. That doesn't mean the most talented team, but the right situation for their coaching style and players that are receptive to it.

In short, relax. At the bare minimum look at Pace/Fox as a strong potential improvement from Emery/Trestman. If you are still screaming that cup is half empty than just think 3 years from now when they are doing this again Cutler's contract will be a non factor, so you'll get rid of GM, HC and QB in one offseason. Hater paradise!!!

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Well damn...let's celebrate our way back to mediocrity!!!

lets start somewhere, you cant get wher you think we need to be without passing through the middle of the road, Trestman proved that there are no shortcuts

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
an unknown that wouldnt have immediate success and would probably be fired after 3-4 years just as they predict Fox will but their excuse for the coach will be he wasnt ready, he needs more time. blah blah blah

And what will your excuse be for the stale donut!?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looks like Cutler is gonna stay and become a game manager. Another depressing year is on the way with no future in sight.

Give it a break for real. You've already convinced yourself that we will be a bad team next year or the next few years and we haven't even done anything yet but hire a new GM.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jason Cole on thescore:

"Received a text message about 20 minutes ago: The NFL Executive told him that John Fox will be the next head coach of the Bears"

For his sake I hope that turns out correct. Otherwise he looks like an:

african-wild-ass_img01-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.