1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Twins unlikely to acquire him according to recent rumors.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to George Ofman, the Cubs and Dodgers are getting closer to a Ted Lilly trade.

JB94

Liked Posts:
If Ted gets traded, Thomas Diamond will likely fill his spot in the rotation. He was pulled early yesterday to keep him fresh for the rotation spot. He deserves it.

JB94

Liked Posts:
The Cubs and Dodgers are closing in on a deal.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The update before that was that they were planning two scenarios to choose between, one with Lilly and one that also included Theriot.

JB94

Liked Posts:
DeWitt was pulled early in the LA game today. Speculation is a Theriot-DeWitt trade.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I'm not a fan of Theriot, that trade doesn't help us in any way at all. Plus DeWitt sucks

JB94

Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of DeWitt either, but he's young, cheap, and still has a bit of upside.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
i've got to agree with usc on this one. this trade makes absolutely no sense at all. sure dewitt is like five years younger, but his bat is comparable to theriot's and i'm not sure he's an upgrade defensively.

JB94

Liked Posts:
DeWitt used to have some power, but he hasn't had any for the last two years. That's about the only positive over Theriot, besides age and price.

I'm pretty sure this is just a part of the Ted Lilly trade anyway.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The Dodgers and Cubs are close to a deal: There are 2 trades standing; 1 with Lilly and Theriot and the other one just Lilly. Deal should be finalize soon after the Cubs figure out how much money they will ship over.

The Cubs will get a better player(s) if they folk over cash.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have to like a Theriot,Kelly Johnson swap imo.

Yeah, but I'm sure there isn't something we aren't hearing about the deal. Because as Waldo posted, the Cubs have two deals in place, one with Theriot and one without.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but I'm sure there isn't something we aren't hearing about the deal. Because as Waldo posted, the Cubs have two deals in place, one with Theriot and one without.

I think that's the main purpose. Theriot is in trade talks with the Dodgers so JH won't accept the D'backs trade quite yet. That's my thinking.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that's the main purpose. Theriot is in trade talks with the Dodgers so JH won't accept the D'backs trade quite yet. That's my thinking.

I disagree. Kelly Johnson is a hell of a lot better than Blake DeWitt. Theriot isn't a deal breaker. I know I sure as hell would rather have Kelly Johnson over, Theriot or DeWitt.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Kelly Johnson is a hell of a lot better than Blake DeWitt. Theriot isn't a deal breaker. I know I sure as hell would rather have Kelly Johnson over, Theriot or DeWitt.

I would take KJ over Theriot and Dewitt any day. I'm just saying, JH wants to see what the Dodgers have to offer for Theriot and Lilly. Maybe they can get there top spect, Dee Gordon. We just have to wait and see what happens.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take KJ over Theriot and Dewitt any day. I'm just saying, JH wants to see what the Dodgers have to offer for Theriot and Lilly. Maybe they can get there top spect, Dee Gordon. We just have to wait and see what happens.

What good does getting Dee Gordon do us? He is 22 and in AA. Which isn't anything spectacular. He has an OPS of just under .700 nothing spectacular. We have Hak Ju Lee in Peoria, who is younger. His defense doesn't appear to be on Lee's level. So basically, he is an older Lee, who is 3 years older and 1 level up in the minor league system.