Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a lot of those out there already. Like I said, only a problem if it affects the team on the ice. I seriously hope this is the final time anything of this nature happens to Kane.

Can we please lock this up already? I think ItalianBeef has rubbed em out enough to rapists, seems about time.

Too bad tribar isn't old enough to understand.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can we please lock this up already? I think ItalianBeef has rubbed em out enough to rapists, seems about time.

Too bad tribar isn't old enough to understand.
Nah now we're gonna have a 200-page examination of Patrick Kane's character. It'll be a blast!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Let's be real here: even without a rape charge, Kane is still likely a shitty person. Which is fine, if it doesn't affect the team on the ice in some manner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

But why? Why is he still a shitty person? Why is he a shitty person to begin with? Because one night years ago he got in a drunken argument with a cab driver that we still don't know the whole story? Or because he has a reputation of partying and getting drunk because he was a young millionaire at the top of the city in popularity? Probably not many on this board who hasn't partied as hard as him or done these things at his age, and while we all call each other shit bags I doubt it's most likely true.

I am not saying he's definitively not a shit bag but I am asking for the actual evidence that he is? Most lying all I've seen is him be a douchebag at times.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
But why? Why is he still a shitty person? Why is he a shitty person to begin with? Because one night years ago he got in a drunken argument with a cab driver that we still don't know the whole story? Or because he has a reputation of partying and getting drunk because he was a young millionaire at the top of the city in popularity? Probably not many on this board who hasn't partied as hard as him or done these things at his age, and while we all call each other shit bags I doubt it's most likely true.

I am not saying he's definitively not a shit bag but I am asking for the actual evidence that he is? Most lying all I've seen is him be a douchebag at times.

I already regret posting that but I'll give you an answer and will then likely step away from this thread forever because I think most of us can agree about being sick and fucking tired of this whole thing. I'm going to throw in the disclaimer from the top the basis for this opinion does not come in the form of concrete evidence that I can show you, and that when I quoted Spunk's post I probably should've added that was my opinion and not necessarily something I expect everyone else to share.

The incident with the cab driver raised an eyebrow, but wasn't as big of a deal to me. What started it, for me, were all of the stories that came out from his drunken escapades in Madison. There were too many people repeating the same storylines (the biggest one involving Kane either shoving or choking some girl that got him thrown out of a frat house) that led me to believe this guy might suck.

In the last 2-3 years I've found myself spending more time in bars around Chicago and I've met a plethora of people that all seemed to have a Patrick Kane story and very few of them are flattering. The more and more I heard those stories, the further down my opinion of Kane went. After the incident in August, the stories often started with the phrase "I'm not surprised by that because <rest of story here>." After a while, it just became too much for me to discard, so my opinion came around to where it stands now. No, I'm not gonna call him a rapist. But he just kinda sucks as a human being.

I don't expect that to convince anyone on this board to come around to my viewpoint because I again will concede that there's nothing in there for you to take as a fact. But it was too much for me to ignore. Just my $. 02.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Douchebag can simply equal being a shitty person... whatever limit you think each generically defined term can be seen elseways by others.

He signs crummy karaoke with parrotheads on
[video=youtube;WfZZAn7D5U8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfZZAn7D5U8[/video]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I already regret posting that but I'll give you an answer and will then likely step away from this thread forever because I think most of us can agree about being sick and fucking tired of this whole thing. I'm going to throw in the disclaimer from the top the basis for this opinion does not come in the form of concrete evidence that I can show you, and that when I quoted Spunk's post I probably should've added that was my opinion and not necessarily something I expect everyone else to share.

The incident with the cab driver raised an eyebrow, but wasn't as big of a deal to me. What started it, for me, were all of the stories that came out from his drunken escapades in Madison. There were too many people repeating the same storylines (the biggest one involving Kane either shoving or choking some girl that got him thrown out of a frat house) that led me to believe this guy might suck.

In the last 2-3 years I've found myself spending more time in bars around Chicago and I've met a plethora of people that all seemed to have a Patrick Kane story and very few of them are flattering. The more and more I heard those stories, the further down my opinion of Kane went. After the incident in August, the stories often started with the phrase "I'm not surprised by that because <rest of story here>." After a while, it just became too much for me to discard, so my opinion came around to where it stands now. No, I'm not gonna call him a rapist. But he just kinda sucks as a human being.

I don't expect that to convince anyone on this board to come around to my viewpoint because I again will concede that there's nothing in there for you to take as a fact. But it was too much for me to ignore. Just my $. 02.
Sure. no problem. And I can't argue with your opinion. I'm just merely stating the other side of the opinion that he's an easy target. He goes out and likes to have fun and is a visable force. Everyone is going to have a Patrick Kane story. It's it's much easier and more fun to paint him in a way that is demeaning. Did he probably have some drunken shenanigans, sure, but as we all know everyone who tells a story over and over and over, especially ones that are being recalled while out drunk in a bar tend to get the telephone treatment after a while where the stories all become their own piece of lore and start defining the person telling it as opposed to the person it's being told about.

Again I'm not saying he's a saint or an angel, I'm just saying that much like this rape accusation he was guilty before the words even finished coming out of her mouth. Within a week he'd lost millions and was painted a rapist who may never play in the NHL again. A snowballing of stories and details twisted to fit the image of him that goes back to all these stories that get retold and retold. He does a lot of good for the community too, lot's of charity work, and things of that nature, but none of it matters because he legally got really drunk in madison, had some drunken altercation with a cabbie, and wasn't proved a rapist. He probably has done some shitty things, we all have, but I think he sometimes can get the shitty end of the stick for the things people project on him than the things we actually know to be true about him. Like bad Karaoke. And this rant is as much about all people in general not just Kane. We have a habit as a society of vilifying folks because it sells better. And the media is the main culprit. Look at all the TMZ and tabloid shit. It's much more profitable to paint people in that light than to get to the actual facts.

EDIT: and I hesitate to go here because I don't have the knowledge, but I keep thinking about some of the really really horrible stories that have come out about Michael Jordan over the years but somehow he's seemingly still untouchable yet some partying debauchery things come out about Kane and people want to run him out of town. It's very strange coin to toss.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

where there is smoke there is fire. I have a friend that acts exactly like that because he's a celebrity of sorts. One day I will see him on TMZ doing something stupid, I just hope I'm not there for it.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Let's be real here: even without a rape charge, Kane is still likely a shitty person. Which is fine, if it doesn't affect the team on the ice in some manner.

Yeah, you were never biased during this whole thing. You and Timpartial Graham.

Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
In the last 2-3 years I've found myself spending more time in bars around Chicago and I've met a plethora of people that all seemed to have a Patrick Kane story and very few of them are flattering.

Translation: Brah wouldn't take a selfie with me. What a douchebag!

Did you feel microagressed?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck, who thought it was a good idea to reopen this thread?

tumblr_nrozwzQhLX1t3fd6go1_400.gif

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Official Patrick Kane

Is Patrick Kane a nice guy off the ice? Or is he a drunken frat boy that could have a negative influence on Panarin ?

Discuss

Sorry Melt :hawkstroll:

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love 88

Sent from my Nexus 5X

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just score goals and win Cups.

I'll borrow a line from Wino:
Just win.

#inbeforeGrimsonandIB

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He and Seguin right now are tied for leading the league in points and both are guys people at times like to question their tudes but they d plenty of great things in public and private off the ice as well as what leads to the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.