UPGRADE THE BIG GUNS

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Clint here.

Whether you want Williams, Fields, or someone else, we can all agree the Bears need to accrue some SERIOUS playmakers this off-season, and they have the resources to do it. I'm gonna post my favorite Williams and Fields lineup for the coming year, feel free to post your favorite potential lineup as well (realistic pls)!

CALEB WILLIAMS
AUDRIC ESTIME
DJ MOORE
TEE HIGGINS
DARNELL MOONEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

JUSTIN FIELDS
TREY BENSON
DJ MOORE
MARVIN HARRISON JR
LADD MCCONKEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

I don't want to spend money on a running back. Doesn't make sense to me personally. The only part of this that would be difficult to believe is Higgins not getting tagged. I think there are 400+ big-body X receivers at the top of this draft, so now would be a decent time to replace him and save money is the only way it makes sense. Both lineups look like a lot more fun to watch than this year was, at least on paper.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well the thing is the bears don’t pass the ball all that much with fields as QB. I specifically remember a game where dj moore had 0 targets in the first halve so idk why they would add 2 more targets for him unless Waldron is going to unleash the dragon and throw it 40 times a game.

I think the bears need 1 more legitimate threat, like a nabers/odunze/bowers, to pair with dj moore. Having kmet and retaining Mooney to pair with 2 stud WR’s would be plenty of weapons imo.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Well the thing is the bears don’t pass the ball all that much with fields as QB. I specifically remember a game where dj moore had 0 targets in the first halve so idk why they would add 2 more targets for him unless Waldron is going to unleash the dragon and throw it 40 times a game.

I think the bears need 1 more legitimate threat, like a nabers/odunze/bowers, to pair with dj moore. Having kmet and retaining Mooney to pair with 2 stud WR’s would be plenty of weapons imo.
if the bears want/expect a 4k yard threshold for the QB, as it currently stands they probably only would need one major play maker and a revamped offensive strategy. but with the way things go in chicago, shane waldron liking two TE sets with advanced route trees, and my faith in Bowers, i think it would be a great direction personally. in this instance, you would have moore and tee higgins/ harrison jr out wide and would expect safety help for those two, meaning either kmet or bowers will be guarded by a linebacker. potentially both. on paper its pretty hard to cover that and would be such a great asset for the qb. just my opinion though

edit - keep in mind if the bears running game is as strong as it has been the opposing teams wont be able to afford to drop 6 in to coverage on first and second down when bowers will be especially lethal in play action.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clint here.

Whether you want Williams, Fields, or someone else, we can all agree the Bears need to accrue some SERIOUS playmakers this off-season, and they have the resources to do it. I'm gonna post my favorite Williams and Fields lineup for the coming year, feel free to post your favorite potential lineup as well (realistic pls)!

CALEB WILLIAMS
AUDRIC ESTIME
DJ MOORE
TEE HIGGINS
DARNELL MOONEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

JUSTIN FIELDS
TREY BENSON
DJ MOORE
MARVIN HARRISON JR
LADD MCCONKEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

I don't want to spend money on a running back. Doesn't make sense to me personally. The only part of this that would be difficult to believe is Higgins not getting tagged. I think there are 400+ big-body X receivers at the top of this draft, so now would be a decent time to replace him and save money is the only way it makes sense. Both lineups look like a lot more fun to watch than this year was, at least on paper.

You’re going to be really disappointed

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I think Waldron is going to sling it around the field, he was criticized in Seattle for passing so much. They had 2 good RB's and a piss
poor OL so maybe that was the reason.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
sure hope not!
One of the things I kept seeing about Waldron was he didn’t use the TE enough. So I would be really shocked if they went with Bowers. They did have DK so I would think that big WR is much more likely to be drafted.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
One of the things I kept seeing about Waldron was he didn’t use the TE enough. So I would be really shocked if they went with Bowers. They did have DK so I would think that big WR is much more likely to be drafted.
well in the instances i presented they acquired a big-bodied WR. i can assure you waldron wants to run two TE heavy play action. that is the foundation of the entire tree the bears are going down. my guess is that personnel issues would factor in to them deviating from that in seattle. the bears have the resources to make it happen here.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
well in the instances i presented they acquired a big-bodied WR. i can assure you waldron wants to run two TE heavy play action. that is the foundation of the entire tree the bears are going down. my guess is that personnel issues would factor in to them deviating from that in seattle. the bears have the resources to make it happen here.
Tee Higgins will be tagged and the Bears aren’t going to be taking MHJ. Didn’t think those were realistic scenarios. Seattle had TEs.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Tee Higgins will be tagged and the Bears aren’t going to be taking MHJ. Didn’t think those were realistic scenarios. Seattle had TEs.
you don't know that for sure on tee higgins. i explained a scenario in which it is feasible. its all speculation at this point. also, how the hell would the bears not take MHJ if they keep fields? you think they are trading out of top 3 to miss on him? thanks for letting me know seattle had TEs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you don't know that for sure on tee higgins. i explained a scenario in which it is feasible. its all speculation at this point. also, how the hell would the bears not take MHJ if they keep fields? you think they are trading out of top 3 to miss on him? thanks for letting me know seattle had TEs.
Correct. All speculation. I just think it's highly not plausible and as I said before..... prepare to be disappointed. Just one sheep's opinion.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Correct. All speculation. I just think it's highly not plausible and as I said before..... prepare to be disappointed. Just one sheep's opinion.
fair enough. and im not expecting it, it is just my favorite outcome for both qb situations that is within the confines of reality.