UPGRADE THE BIG GUNS

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If Bears don’t have a shot at MHJ/Nabers/Odunze then would love for them to grab Legette in the 2nd (if he even falls that far). 6’3 227lb. Receiver who put up a ton of production this year - think he’s going to show up to the combine looking like the terminator (like Metcalf did) and run a sub 4.4 - crazy amount of potential for a team willing to try and polish his game.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
If Bears don’t have a shot at MHJ/Nabers/Odunze then would love for them to grab Legette in the 2nd (if he even falls that far). 6’3 227lb. Receiver who put up a ton of production this year - think he’s going to show up to the combine looking like the terminator (like Metcalf did) and run a sub 4.4 - crazy amount of potential for a team willing to try and polish his game.
im not sure how much this will matter for your suggestion but he actually ended up measuring in at only 6'1 at the senior bowl.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Caleb Williams
Saquon Barkley, Herbert, Roschon
DJ Moore, Brian Thomas Jr (I'm assuming the top 3 are gone by 9 and we trade down), KJ Osborn, Tyler Scott
Cole Kmet, Ja'Tavion Sanders

Justin Fields
Herbert, Roschon, Donovan Edwards
DJ Moore, MHJ, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Scott, Ricky Pearsall
Cole Kmet, Albert O

Last edited:

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
All this dreaming but if you don't fix the OL it won't matter. Year after year same ole story fix it
wow yeah definitely getting a starting caliber center and some professional guard depth (2 players) will be a huge issue for the bears with their 60+ million projected cap space and multiple draft picks. never thought of that!

edit - same ole bears! forgetting the TRENCHES in favor of electric play makers who can separate quickly and create mismatches. they are so notorious for that!! bleh!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Noah Fant was one. Former 20th pick. Can't say I've watched every game but what I've seen the guy has wheels.
They used him much better when he was with the Broncos before he got traded in the package for Russ Wilson. I thought he was a great get for Seattle but they didn't use him like i thought they would.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They used him much better when he was with the Broncos before he got traded in the package for Russ Wilson. I thought he was a great get for Seattle but they didn't use him like i thought they would.

Watched a little bit of him to see what Waldron did. The guy is fast!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I heard he ran a 4.29 in college.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Will Dissly had a nice stretch for Seattle a couple years ago. Another receiver and TE threat would be a huge upgrade for this offense

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the thing is the bears don’t pass the ball all that much with fields as QB. I specifically remember a game where dj moore had 0 targets in the first halve so idk why they would add 2 more targets for him unless Waldron is going to unleash the dragon and throw it 40 times a game.

I think the bears need 1 more legitimate threat, like a nabers/odunze/bowers, to pair with dj moore. Having kmet and retaining Mooney to pair with 2 stud WR’s would be plenty of weapons imo.
They should have done that last year but they were still trying to win. Let him fail and see if he could figure it out. To be fair, that sort of described the 1st 4 games and the coaches had to relent to try and keep their jobs.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clint here.

Whether you want Williams, Fields, or someone else, we can all agree the Bears need to accrue some SERIOUS playmakers this off-season, and they have the resources to do it. I'm gonna post my favorite Williams and Fields lineup for the coming year, feel free to post your favorite potential lineup as well (realistic pls)!

CALEB WILLIAMS
AUDRIC ESTIME
DJ MOORE
TEE HIGGINS
DARNELL MOONEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

JUSTIN FIELDS
TREY BENSON
DJ MOORE
MARVIN HARRISON JR
LADD MCCONKEY
COLE KMET
BROCK BOWERS

I don't want to spend money on a running back. Doesn't make sense to me personally. The only part of this that would be difficult to believe is Higgins not getting tagged. I think there are 400+ big-body X receivers at the top of this draft, so now would be a decent time to replace him and save money is the only way it makes sense. Both lineups look like a lot more fun to watch than this year was, at least on paper.

You're missing part of the picture here. Big part of the picture.

Your Option 1, is fine, I get it, I could see it.

Your Option 2 is not correct.

You forgot, all those players, plus a 2nd round pick this year, another 1st round pick next year, another 2nd next year and possibly, depending on who moves up for Caleb, more picks or a player to go with it.

So it really isn't just Justin Fields, Trey Benson, DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison JR, Ladd Mcconkey, Cole Kmet, Brock Bowers... you can add more names to that list in the future, names you will not have with option 1.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
You're missing part of the picture here. Big part of the picture.

Your Option 1, is fine, I get it, I could see it.

Your Option 2 is not correct.

You forgot, all those players, plus a 2nd round pick this year, another 1st round pick next year, another 2nd next year and possibly, depending on who moves up for Caleb, more picks or a player to go with it.

So it really isn't just Justin Fields, Trey Benson, DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison JR, Ladd Mcconkey, Cole Kmet, Brock Bowers... you can add more names to that list in the future, names you will not have with option 1.
Wow ok so this is a thread about starting skill position players going in to next season. That's what the thread is about as per the original post. And I made the thread. And now you're telling me I didn't do the thread properly despite me having made the thread and explained what it was for. Thanks. Only on ccs

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Clint here.

Whether you want Williams, Fields, or someone else, we can all agree the Bears need to accrue some SERIOUS playmakers this off-season, and they have the resources to do it. I'm gonna post my favorite Williams and Fields lineup for the coming year, feel free to post your favorite potential lineup as well (realistic pls)!
Justin
Blake Corum
Dj Moore
MHJ
Alt/Fashanu (Bowers)
Cole Kmet
Jaheim Bell

Caleb
Bucky Irving
DJ Moore
Alt/Fashanu (Bowers)
Devontez Walker
Cole Kmet
Bryson Nesbit

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow ok so this is a thread about starting skill position players going in to next season. That's what the thread is about as per the original post. And I made the thread. And now you're telling me I didn't do the thread properly despite me having made the thread and explained what it was for. Thanks. Only on ccs
Because, I do not believe you can separate the discussion in just regardless of what happens the Bears need Wr. Only 1 on the Roster. But if they go Caleb, with no second round pick, Bears are forced to chose... DE, Wr or C or TE. If the Bears go option 2, they can pick up another weapon there, it changes the dynamic of this year's discourse.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Because, I do not believe you can separate the discussion in just regardless of what happens the Bears need Wr. Only 1 on the Roster. But if they go Caleb, with no second round pick, Bears are forced to chose... DE, Wr or C or TE. If the Bears go option 2, they can pick up another weapon there, it changes the dynamic of this year's discourse.
this thread has nothing to do with that what so ever. i specifically made it to avoid discussing the pros and cons of trading or keeping the first pick because it was being discussed in every other thread. please go back and read the original post, thanks!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
this thread has nothing to do with that what so ever. i specifically made it to avoid discussing the pros and cons of trading or keeping the first pick because it was being discussed in every other thread. please go back and read the original post, thanks!
That's the problem. If the Bears keep Feilds, substitute Odunz for Harrison Jr. A more realistic outcome. Unless your premise is Bears use #1 for only Caleb or Harrison. I just can't see the Bears using pick 1 for Harrison. Caleb, yes. Harrison, no. So that's my issue with your two line up possibilities. Take it as you wish.