Velus Jones Jr

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its pretty concerning that he can't get on the field especially with Pringle out. I just don't think that he knows the offense at all.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Its pretty concerning that he can't get on the field especially with Pringle out. I just don't think that he knows the offense at all.

Not really, he just started practicing this week, he's way behind the curve right now. He'll get snaps.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
The people who urged caution on this pick and called it Poles outthinking himself are looking more and more correct, and the people who immediately bought into Velus Jones being an impact receiver are looking more and more foolish.
Not every draft pock will be hit. ..

Let's just wait this season is a wash

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The people who urged caution on this pick and called it Poles outthinking himself are looking more and more correct, and the people who immediately bought into Velus Jones being an impact receiver are looking more and more foolish.
He will never be an impact at receiver. Maybe a lite lite lite deebo. He sucks ass at that right now too

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mostly just watch around here, but I had a great fear I thought I would share. I heard how it was said part of what the Eagles did to succeed was to admit their mistakes. I think we need to admit our mistakes as well and just cut Velus Jones. Yes, it sucks. He was a 3rd round pick. But he is what he is and he turned out to be a liability in every part of the game he is involved in. He drops and muffs returns. He drops as a WR. You can hope all you want as we all do as fans but he just doesn't have the hands and ball security. My great fear is that we keep him. we build a great team. We contend. And then we lose the big game on a Velus Jones drop/fumble. Just go away from that unreliable bad hands crap and cut him. Get people here with hands like glue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutting a 3rd round pick is no big deal but it serves no purpose to cut him now. Need to preserve that draft pick? He Velus. Want a slant?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mostly just watch around here, but I had a great fear I thought I would share. I heard how it was said part of what the Eagles did to succeed was to admit their mistakes. I think we need to admit our mistakes as well and just cut Velus Jones. Yes, it sucks. He was a 3rd round pick. But he is what he is and he turned out to be a liability in every part of the game he is involved in. He drops and muffs returns. He drops as a WR. You can hope all you want as we all do as fans but he just doesn't have the hands and ball security. My great fear is that we keep him. we build a great team. We contend. And then we lose the big game on a Velus Jones drop/fumble. Just go away from that unreliable bad hands crap and cut him. Get people here with hands like glue.

I believe you’re right. I’m definitely a big believer in admitting mistakes and cutting your losses sooner than later. I was patient with the pick and typically give draft picks a couple of years before concluding what that player is, but I’m done lol…he sucks and is a liability not worth having. Him and Ebner should be cut yesterday

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
No point cutting him now, just demote him to KR and then make him spend an off season doing Shaolin Red Sand Palm training:

If that doesnt fix his grip problems it might at least make him a bad ass, i dunno.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

This Walker guy has 25 yrs coaching exp. One would think he could teach these wr's and hb's to tuck the ball and brace for big hits.

1671500117524.png

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He's a good special teams player. That might be all he is. If so, sucks, but it is what it is. No GM will nail all his picks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm shocked thatan undersized 6 year wr college player with limited production (unitl his 6th year) sucks as a nfl player.

It was an awful pick at the time and 9 months later somehow looks even worse.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Cutting a 3rd round pick is no big deal but it serves no purpose to cut him now. Need to preserve that draft pick? He Velus. Want a slant?
Cutting a 3rd round pick not even the full year into his rookie year is absolutely a big deal and a wasted draft pick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Picked too early, but dumb af to cut him unless he's a huge locker room cancer, showing up late etc.. He's one of the most efficient kick returners in the league, and he could, you know, improve his ball handling skills with a full offseason. He'll never be worthy of his draft status, if he gets his mind right, at best he could turn into a Taylor Gabriel type role player.