Velus Jones Jr

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Cutting him only makes sense if you can find 6 WR's better than him... which I'll admit, it don't sound too hard but... someone did tease him at Running back...

This game against the Eagles proves that is a no.
He’s the worst receiver in the fucking league! Anyone who doesn’t fumble on every single play is better

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cutting him only makes sense if you can find 6 WR's better than him... which I'll admit, it don't sound too hard but... someone did tease him at Running back...

This game against the Eagles proves that is a no.
He has 27 yards receiving. If Ryan Poles cant find 6 WRs better than him, he shouldn't hold a position in any NFL front office.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Feed him the ball 10 times a game. Get him over it. Plenty of opportunities to cut him in the next year and a half, if he can't get over it.
Yep I agree we're looking to tank and playing your young draft picks is a perfect excuse. This guy might be able to single handedly lose us the gameb if we're lucky

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Too early to cut him, but he's fucking up a lot of simple stuff, even on a clear out/diversion deep routes:

Its hard to give him more snaps when he has trouble doing something as simple as "run a deep route so we can use the space you create".

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Every GM makes bad picks, so even if you like Poles, it's O.K. to admit that the Velus Jones pick sucked.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
The guy is legit fast, you can't coach that kind of speed. I hope he finds a way to straighten himself out and start contributing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I like this guy a lot. Just wish we’d have rolled the dice earlier on a prospect in the early 2nd with a better chance to hit on right away.

I do actually like the strategy of going with pure burners at WR to take advantage of Fields’s crazy accurate deep ball.

Lol

Bust

Liked Posts:
The people who urged caution on this pick and called it Poles outthinking himself are looking more and more correct, and the people who immediately bought into Velus Jones being an impact receiver are looking more and more foolish.

are you saying Poles whiffed twice at the WR position already with Jones and Claypool ??!!??

#PANIC

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The prospect grade has spoken. They are never wrong…lol
And you always are! I never thought i would miss this idiot but his track record is hilariously bad.
A thread to keep an eye on as the season progresses. A lot of people making declarative statements on Velus Jones one way or the other, and insulting each other about it.
There is no better way to CCS, IMO.

I cant wait for more of these threads during the draft.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Who will be this year's reach bust Velus pick?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I still like the pick. It's not uncommon for receivers to take 3 years to develop in the NFL. He made several big plays on limited snaps. He has to fix his fumbling issues but its way to early to judge him.

For the people that use him as a punching bag I find it impressive that you can only remember the fumbles and completely block out the play making.