Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not qualified to make these decisions but I'd give him plays at both Wr and Rb. He can add a lot of juice to an offense even if in limited snaps. Kick returns too - had no issues last year and was top 5 in the league.
He had more big time plays than bad plays last year. In think he deserves a little more patience given his elite traits.
Any more patience and he'll be retired.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's not a cat. You are not qualified.

I don't mind standing alone. I see what I see and I belive in that. The likelihood that he can't focus in real time and will always be a liability increased today but he's had a great camp despite some drops from every report I've seen/read and I'm not ready to give up.

I’ve heard lots of good things about him in camp too.

He may (very likely) is just a shit punt returner.

Doesn’t mean he can’t do other stuff to make the team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ve heard lots of good things about him in camp too.

He may (very likely) is just a shit punt returner.

Doesn’t mean he can’t do other stuff to make the team.

Issue is, he's the 6th WR. If he's not a good gunner, and cant field punts...whats his value?

Scott, Claypool, and Moore should be handling all those jet sweeps and screens that Velus had last year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Issue is, he's the 6th WR. If he's not a good gunner, and cant field punts...whats his value?

Scott, Claypool, and Moore should be handling all those jet sweeps and screens that Velus had last year.

What’s ESB’s value?

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you’re going to sub out who so he can run block?

No need to sub out, he should be a regular option at WR on certain play types.

Most teams rotate their WR's often, bears never had that luxury the past few years since they had dogshit depth.

If getsy truly wants to run an aaron rodgeresque packers offense, he's going to need great downfield blocking. Keeping a WR for that is understandable.

Keeping velus for jet sweeps and screens is pointless, as scott was an actual running back prior to playing WR. He fits that role, not to mention claypoop and moore should get a bunch of those screens too...and kmet, and tonyan.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This. DJ and Claypool are very good run blockers and Mooney does well for his size. Add in Kmet and M Lewis at TE and ESB is redundant.

We still need a rotation of wideouts, those guys wont play 24/7 every snap. I don't trust velus to do anything on offense and pettis has been non-existant in camp.

Just saying, based on depth, EQ seems very safe.

Personally, I hope both pettis/velus go bye bye and they find a waiver pickup after final cuts. Put velus on the practice squad, doubt anyone claims him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We still need a rotation of wideouts, those guys wont play 24/7 every snap. I don't trust velus to do anything on offense and pettis has been non-existant in camp.

Just saying, based on depth, EQ seems very safe.

Pettis has been hurt. Think he just got off the list last week.

And I’ve heard way more mention in camp about Velus than ESB.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just googled muffed punts kickoffs while at Tennesee and this popped up :

Velus Jones Jr. muffs punt​

This is what started it all. The Vols shockingly stopped Ole Miss on their first drive and forced a punt. Remember, stops were supposed to be at a premium, so this was a huge advantage for them. Unfortunately for Josh Heupel’s team, they didn’t cash in.

Velus Jones Jr. muffed the punt after that first drive despite calling fair-catch and not being touched. Ole Miss recovered at the UT 11-yard line, and five plays later, they were in the end zone for a 7-0 lead.

VJJay has been doing this for years and should immediately be put on the practice squad. I don't care if the guy was the fastest in the world and ran an unaided 9.3 100 METERs, unless he can demonstrate a little more than tragedy every other touch the dude is a lost cause and should be barely treading water for a practice squad spot.

He costs teams Games

.................... enough already Please

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Pettis has been hurt. Think he just got off the list last week.

And I’ve heard way more mention in camp about Velus than ESB.
That isn't as good a thing as you think. Generally the positive shit coming out of camp is all fluff, and the players usually getting propped up generally amount to shit when the season comes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That isn't as good a thing as you think. Generally the positive shit coming out of camp is all fluff, and the players usually getting propped up generally amount to shit when the season comes.

Guess that DJ guy will suck according to your theory

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Guess that DJ guy will suck according to your theory
DJ has a proven track record. Regardless, it's still worthless fodder. How many times do you hear about so-and-so RB lining up in the slot and how the coaches plan on using him all over the field, only to see it happen like 3 times the whole season. It's BS. The only thing worth listening to when it comes to camp are negative reports, because those usually have truth behind them. You expect guys to look pretty good when they're barely getting touched.