Velus Jones Jr

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: VJJ obviously knows someone with Poles' Bears. Someone who got him overdrafted by 2 rounds and someone who has kept him on the team while they scramble around trying to find a position he can play.

At least Hester deserved to be taking up a spot on the 53 and the scramble was trying to find a spot to justify the salary the TDs demanded.

VJJ doesn't deserve a spot on the 53, he doesn't deserve a pay check. There is no excuse to be spending this time on him because you're sure he can do something when he has only shown he can do nothing. I don't care what stats he has that says he can do something I'm sure there are others out there with better stats who can't do anything either.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've said it before, I'll say it again: VJJ obviously knows someone with Poles' Bears. Someone who got him overdrafted by 2 rounds and someone who has kept him on the team while they scramble around trying to find a position he can play.

At least Hester deserved to be taking up a spot on the 53 and the scramble was trying to find a spot to justify the salary the TDs demanded.

VJJ doesn't deserve a spot on the 53, he doesn't deserve a pay check. There is no excuse to be spending this time on him because you're sure he can do something when he has only shown he can do nothing. I don't care what stats he has that says he can do something I'm sure there are others out there with better stats who can't do anything either.
Same goes with Dominique Robinson. Can you imagine that if instead of those two we had another Daniel Hardy and Darrell Taylor ?

Poles has to JUST FORGET that you drafted them and gave them a 4 yr contract.. I mean WTF he gave #32 away for Claypool and friggin Ran Away from that stupid move as soon as he could

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
With the new kickoff rules its damn near impossible to fumble the kickoff and have the kicking team recover it, you basically have to do what Jones did and kick it forward. I guess if anyone in the NFL could do it the logical choice was Velus.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'm probably the most disappointed fan w/ V12's inability to catch a KO. But I'm not giving up on him, especially at RB.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Thought Poles was dumb for not taking whatever was offered in trade. They know what he is, he just can’t admit defeat. Strange hill to die on for Poles.

Agreed. I was impressed with Poles when he moved off Claypool. It's not easy for a GM to admit he made a mistake but Poles jettisoned Claypool quickly. I don't understand why VJJ is on the team this year. What has he brought to the Bears that makes them better? He is a net negative.

Unless VJJ produces at the RB spot I'd think he's gone by the end of this year. In no way should VJJ EVER be allowed to return a punt or kickoff again. If he is given another chance to return kicks/punts that's simply coaching malpractice.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It kinda ticks me off that this guy keeps playing when it seems increasingly apparent that he can't play at the starter level in this league. Two weeks ago he cleaned up against third stringers and guys working at Home Depot. I don't think another team would offer a bag of cheese curds for him now.

There has to be someone not playing right now that can do this job better than Jones can.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hate the pick. We don’t have the resources to get cute, poles ruined an otherwise good day 2. There were more productive receivers available with hands , route running, production and not eligible for AARP. . And HELLO OT?

I hope he proves me wrong.
This guy gets it

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I can't even blame Jones at this point. He's proven who he is. The coaches who keep giving him opportunities are to blame. He should never field a kick again. If he does the coach making that decision should just be immediately fired.

I also don't trust him at rb. It's only a matter of time before he fumbles in a crucial moment and blows a game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm probably the most disappointed fan w/ V12's inability to catch a KO. But I'm not giving up on him, especially at RB.
It's dumb. He isn't the best receiver out of the backfield, as Swift and Roschon would be better. He isn't the best pure runner, as Herbert is by miles over everyone else. He turns the ball over constantly. He's not anywhere near a good 3rd down back. Velus should not be on the team. It was a dumb pick to begin with, and everyone that tried to defend it when I pointed out these type of profiles coming out of college almost never succeed were just homers being dumb.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought Poles was dumb for not taking whatever was offered in trade. They know what he is, he just can’t admit defeat. Strange hill to die on for Poles.
Honestly... I want to say he can't admit defeat, but I don't think so. He did pretty quickly with Claypool. It's just gotta be something else.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
It's dumb. He isn't the best receiver out of the backfield, as Swift and Roschon would be better. He isn't the best pure runner, as Herbert is by miles over everyone else. He turns the ball over constantly. He's not anywhere near a good 3rd down back. Velus should not be on the team. It was a dumb pick to begin with, and everyone that tried to defend it when I pointed out these type of profiles coming out of college almost never succeed were just homers being dumb.

Agreed. I was impressed with Poles when he moved off Claypool. It's not easy for a GM to admit he made a mistake but Poles jettisoned Claypool quickly. I don't understand why VJJ is on the team this year. What has he brought to the Bears that makes them better? He is a net negative.

Unless VJJ produces at the RB spot I'd think he's gone by the end of this year. In no way should VJJ EVER be allowed to return a punt or kickoff again. If he is given another chance to return kicks/punts that's simply coaching malpractice.
I'll say Herbert is gone before V12. Herbert is pretty good, but way overvalued by this fan base. Unless he's hurt he has dropped on the Depth chart. The Iliad & The Odyssey had as many carries as him with twice as many yards.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
V12 is a way better RB than Herbee and the preseason showed it. Herbee isn't miles ahead of any RB in this league. And that includes the worse RB in the league. Whoever that may be.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Even after the fumble, V12 got as many carriers as Herbert and did a heck of a lot better.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
VJJ would be a fine enough player if he didn't fumble.....

for a 3rd rounder, him being a gunner and a KR with part time spot play is just fine.....

His problem is he plays with oven mitts on...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
V12 is a way better RB than Herbee and the preseason showed it. Herbee isn't miles ahead of any RB in this league. And that includes the worse RB in the league. Whoever that may be.
This is just a dumb take. I hope Herbert goes to a team like the Cowboys so they can actually use him to his potential

msadows

Liked Posts:
Even after the fumble, V12 got as many carriers as Herbert and did a heck of a lot better.

Herbert led the league in YPC 2 years ago. Hell are you on? Must be the same stuff as waldron.

Velus cant even keep his pad level low, if you run him 10+ times a game he will die

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I just now saw this on X and laughed.. So dont crucify me if it's been posted in these 21 pages already. Aint worth checking all that. x.com 1726121452779.png

Last edited: