Very Telling interview - Team has turned on "Franchise" (Again)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The only man who has ever managed to win with Cutler, dragging Jay kicking and screaming to 10-5, 7-3, and 10-5 three years in a row.

And they probably would have been better with a game manager at QB during that time.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
There is not a single NFL team that would want Jay Cutler as their starter which now includes even his own team.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I've got news for some people, but Aaron Rodgers is a game manager. So is Tom Brady. These guys rarely turn the ball over, move the chains, and run the offense to perfection. All elite QBs are game managers, and it's their ability to make all the throws, smart decisions, and elevate their teammates play that set them apart from the rest.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I've got news for some people, but Aaron Rodgers is a game manager. So is Tom Brady. These guys rarely turn the ball over, move the chains, and run the offense to perfection. All elite QBs are game managers, and it's their ability to make all the throws, smart decisions, and elevate their teammates play that set them apart from the rest.

You're not wrong, but all the elite QB's possess elite arm strength, pocket presence, leadership, IQ, and big play ability. The Bears don't have a QB on the roster that checks off all those boxes. But at least Hoyer protects the ball and moves the chains.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Also....the elite QB's can run an efficient offense without overly relying on the run game. That's a big factor that makes them elite. They manage the game, sure...but they also control the game as well.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'll never forget Lovie Smith for those first few years with Jay. The man was a terrible, terrible head coach.

Lovie Smith ran a pretty tight ship for awhile. the combination of his offensive ineptitude, probably mostly courtesy of spending too many years with Ron Turner and the desperation pick of Mike Martz (who is a brilliant offensive mind that's trapped in a different era) is what killed any possibility of bringing in a better coordinator. this coupled with Angelo's misses in drafts is what ended Lovie Smith.

offense was always a weak link, even in the good years. the time with Martz was ironically the most promising I thought despite his system being outdated and fucking up the personnel they had to fit his system. unloading Olsen was an unforgivable offense.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ people calm the Fuck down we just played the fucking loins who are the worst defense in the league

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
How many teams would view Cutler as an upgrade?

Hint: Rhymes with "sun".

Sooooo one? One rhymes with sun, so I'm going with one. That's all we need is ONE. just one team, one coach to believe they can win with Jay and we can finally be free. I wanted to love you Jay, I wanted to be a nuthugger, I really did, but, alas it wasn't to be. So cmon Bruce, Chip, someone please be desperate and arrogant enough to give him a shot.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Mongo Gfail and Air_T would say Carson Palmer sucks due to his overall record as quarterback.

84-79. EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE!

could be worse...67-69

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't missed a Bears game since 2001. I just like gunslinger qbs like favre and make the game exciting. And I think jays received way too much shit in this city.

I think Jay received a lot of grief in this city over the years. I think that the situation that he came into was difficult with our line, lack of O coaching and lack of receivers, but the time for excuses has clearly passed. He may have been ruined by those years, that's why he can't handle pressure and his mechanics and decision making are lacking. So, I think you are right, he was not to blame for everything, but at this point he is a lost cause.

Just want him gone. Hoyer and Barkley can compete against our new rook next year.

The happiness you will see in Chicago will be unprecedented when Cutler is finally cut or traded. Suicides, domestic abuse and homicides will all fall a good 75-80%

Bw1Ugvr.gif