Very Telling interview - Team has turned on "Franchise" (Again)

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
In hindsight, that would have been the thing to do. Jerry Angelo took a wild QB swing because he felt it would help him keep his job. We all had high hopes, but in hindsight, doing exactly what you said would have been the best option. We also would have drafted our own guy by now (maybe someone like Russell Wilson; I doubt they'd have been bad enough to get Cam).

I agree. I loved when we traded for Cutler. I think we could have been pretty well set had we been a better equipped offensive team at the time of the trade (line, coordinator) even with the trade. But in hindsight, Orton was good enough to let us compete and develop our own guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Cheaper is the key

Cutler
High Draft Pick

Or

Hoyer
High Draft Picl
New RT
New TE

Good point. However, I would spend money on an OLB especially with Mcphee's injury history. Take a TE in the draft.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Here's the deal....We all know Cutler is a better QB than Hoyer,from athleticism to arm strength etc etc.The problem is that I'd say 50% of the time his decision making is pure shit and he hold's the ball to long which causes sack fumble's and bad throws.

What I saw yesterday from Hoyer from his decision making to going through his reads properly and getting the ball out quick,the team seemed to play way better as a whole.guys were fired up and making plays and the offense was functioning properly while the blocking from the Oline was fabulous.

Personally I think Fox will give Jay another shot to get it going,but in all reality it probably isn't the right decision.But if this is Jay Cutler's last stand and his back against the wall...fuck it,let's see what he could do under those circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good point. However, I would spend money on an OLB especially with Mcphee's injury history. Take a TE in the draft.

Spend the 13 million however you would like.

Cutler is not 13 million dollars better than Hoyer, neither are the future, so go with the cheaper place holder till the draft pick is ready.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the deal....We all know Cutler is a better QB than Hoyer,from athleticism to arm strength etc etc.The problem is that I'd say 50% of the time his decision making is pure shit and he hold's the ball to long which causes sack fumble's and bad throws.

What I saw yesterday from Hoyer from his decision making to going through his reads properly and getting the ball out quick,the team seemed to play way better as a whole.guys were fired up and making plays and the offense was functioning properly while the blocking from the Oline was fabulous.

Personally I think Fox will give Jay another shot to get it going,but in all reality it probably isn't the right decision.But if this is Jay Cutler's last stand and his back against the wall...fuck it,let's see what he could do under those circumstances.

I agree. I just want to say in fairness to Jay, the organization did this to him. I truly believe you could have built a really good team around 2008 Jay Cutler with good offensive coaching, better drafting and talent around him.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I agree. I just want to say in fairness to Jay, the organization did this to him. I truly believe you could have built a really good team around 2008 Jay Cutler with good offensive coaching, better drafting and talent around him.

I'll never forget Lovie Smith for those first few years with Jay. The man was a terrible, terrible head coach.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Deep down I hope Pace shocks the world and trades Cutler before week 8.

This is best case scenario, imo. Finding a suitor will be next to impossible though unless someone's starter goes down and thinks Cutler is capable of taking their team to the playoffs.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

The thing is, he's had a couple "last stands" already and he just keeps getting more chances regardless of how bad he plays. It shouldn't take 8 years of mediocrity and being outperformed by his 4th backup QB before he raises his level of play anyway.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Who would trade for Pick 6?
And for what... a Chilis gift card?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I say when a backup plays well as a game manager the vocal minority like yourself jump up and screaming these guys(Hoyer like) you can win with!

Bears scored 17 pts against the horrific lions, and won by 3 points. Just stop. Cutler will be back in starting with healthy.

And the BEars will lose.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I'll never forget Lovie Smith for those first few years with Jay. The man was a terrible, terrible head coach.

Yes...

Lovie Smith, a defensive minded coach, who let his OC give up 2 first round picks, a 3rd round pick, and an actual starting QB and then drafted 2 WR's with his first few picks, and went and picked up the top OT in FA (pace), and then gave Frank Omiyale (who was considered another top OLine FA) contracts... But it's Lovies fault.

What an asshole.

Did everything he could to put a team around Jay, and gave up a lot to get him. But no... What a fuckstick for not... ??? what? What else was he supposed to do? Jump in at RB?

You're going full derp mode tonight.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mongo Gfail and Air_T would say Carson Palmer sucks due to his overall record as quarterback.

84-79. EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE!

Carson Palmer is mediocre overall.
He had his best couple years in 14 and 15 and is falling back to earth. He returns to same ol same ol Carson Palmer this year.

So yeah, Palmer played above his head a couple years but his window has closed.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

The only man who has ever managed to win with Cutler, dragging Jay kicking and screaming to 10-5, 7-3, and 10-5 three years in a row.